Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BETWEENSEAS APPLICATION!

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
1) Gamertag and user name - Betweenseas

2) What type of program are you using? Photoshop cs6

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners? To be honest im not exactly sure, a few years ago I spent months making signatures but I just started again recently.

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?
Im currently a recruit for XGC Bloodlust, but no matter my rank even in the future it wont effect my ability to be apart of this team :)

So alittle while ago now I used to be into making signatures and Ive always wanted to get back into, I had just recently started to make a few in photoshop just before I joined xgc. I soon found out that Xdc excited and I had a really big urge to join. I feel like being apart of your guys's team will give me the motivation and help that I need to not only make this a normal hobby for me but help me get extremely better then I am now. Im excited for your criticism and direction :)

So here ive attached 2 signatures Ive made, as well as my personal signature which I have all made. I am going to start working on one of your test pictures soon enough as well :) Thanks alot in advance.

Yoshi_1.png

lightnenseagg.png

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
I made this today from one of the application tester renders. Im not exactly sure how I feel about how it came out but I thought id show you guys anyways. and get some feed back :)
assasins%20creed.png

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I made this today from one of the application tester renders. Im not exactly sure how I feel about how it came out but I thought id show you guys anyways. and get some feed back :)
assasins%20creed.png

this could use a little work with lighting as there is no defined light source, and there's no real flow. flow is difficult to achieve on an image looking straight forward so dont be to worried about it.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
also welcome and thanks for applying to the team. be sure to keep up your activity, and dont forget that you are free to participate in the training grounds and SOTW competition for practice.

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
Thanks for the feed back man :) And thanks for the welcome, Im definitely going to try and come up with some thing for signature of the week aha.

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
I made this for tiger lily, with the render it was hard to get my sizing right, and I felt it made the whole thing go sour. I was wanting some cnc on it :)

grdgr.png

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I made this for tiger lily, with the render it was hard to get my sizing right, and I felt it made the whole thing go sour. I was wanting some cnc on it :)

grdgr.png

It's a great image with great color, focal and lighting. You could shade the edges more to define the focal, you could also used the burn tool to add contrast to parts of the hair. This is also another image I like to feather. Anything obviously drawn or anything with a bold stroke looks pretty great when feathered.

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
Man, I didnt know about feathering so im going to look at a tutorial on it. Also what you were saying was very helpful, so thanks. Ill be posting some thing very soon for you :)

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
Thanks alot blue, Hey nugget if you can, can you send me a tutorial for feathering? I googled and looked on youtube but I couldnt find one that would work on signatures.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Select the render, then invert selection. Then go select>modify>feather. After this a tab will come up I commonly feather 1-3 but have done up to 5. This will feather your selection. Then press backspace until you feel enough of the outline is faded out.

Betweenseas

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2015
So I made this one today, I tried feathering in it as well. I was wondering if you had any tutorials you would suggest me doing.

Untitled-1_2.png