Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BADGES FOR MILITARY MEMBERS

XGC Ezekiel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 26, 2007
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
www.myspace.com
Alright so where we have what clan were in and the red ring of the death badge, and all that stuff, maybe xiled design can create badges for Active, Reserve, and Retired members of the service. Just a little way to show that XG supports and repects the young menand women dedicating their lives to protect us.

xl GhostFire lx

Forum Junkie
Jun 13, 2011
I would strongly disagree with any display of a dd214... or a dd215 which is an attachment to verify a dd214. I did 3 years active, and was discharged per my affidavit because the military couldn't find my records. Years later a DD215 arrived adding/verifying my information to include service ribbons medals etc. When contacting VA, at times they ask you odd info to verify who your are...some of which is asked to be displayed here.

This is just my opinion, in a day and age where we all should protect our privacy and identity.
I am a vet, I speak to protect "us" from what we can only suspect "might" bite us in the as@.
No disrespect to anyone. I understand the intent is to hold this badge concept to a place of honor and pride.

If the lack of trust demands proof of concept, I'll pass on the badge. Kinda like why I support the VFW and not so much the AL. I do have a question. As a brother in arms, those of us who left behind a girl/wife/children... they did not "lock and load" but they were every bit as involved, caring,and wounded by a loss. Yet those... would not be allowed here. Again, things that were shared, should always be shared... customize new badges for those to let them also be proud... sorry, just a thought I hold... I've seen too too many people hurt and live in memory. If this is solely for those to indicate service, I stand down and respect that. If there were anyone who lost a spouse, mom, or dad ...who lives in memory...and in pride... who but us to remain banded together and honor their shared effort, pain, and memory. This wasn't intended to get sidetracked...

Last edited:

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
same here i agree and i would be happy to also help with the user group, also instead of putting up documentation if some people are paranoid about it, i agree with the comment about sort of quizzing the people on xbl or something so that they can not just google things. thought to be fair some people may have done ROTC in college like myself and commissioned that way...though they should also know a great deal about basic and Ait as well as their MOS lol

xl GhostFire lx

Forum Junkie
Jun 13, 2011
I hear ya ..it is what it is, I'm a little more dated than current army. weapons have changed and some questions given to each other would cause different responses in regard to equipment. Mentioning basic training at Ft Polk which at the time was home of Ranger training would offer a different response today. The simplest way is dd214/dd215 but I work with computers and see identity theft everywhere. I also feel for those who suffered a loss and have to fight to mention and prove a loss's name and id. I lucked out, my family won't go through that. I apologize to have gotten sidetracked on the intent here. Iattempted to have our concerns addressed which spilled over to those being excluded.

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
I would support this AS LONG AS

The "badges" or whatever award had no relation to a specific country. For example I'm pretty sure that someone who was in the UK military, Canadian or whatever would want US stuff all over their profile.

If it was just all US or US related stuff then it would be a big middle finger to others that have served their own country.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
I think you have a valid point we would need to know if there are any members from other militaries so that we could get up with them and see if they would like to help because i admit that i am no expert on other countries military and their details

xl GhostFire lx

Forum Junkie
Jun 13, 2011
I wish to thank SYN for including me in communication to formally request the badge's creation.

I believe this is a cooperative effort and realize details of several things remain to be discussed .

I wish SYN to be aware a request for this badge will also be coming thru XGC as posted in my forum to keep my clan informed (many are military members)

FYI: Military Service Badge in xiledGaming

xl GhostFire lx

Forum Junkie
Jun 13, 2011
~nodding~ ... It was given more to qualify and share my effort in cooperating with the spirit of the SYN's formal request to my Chain of Command. It also mentions the positive response of my Section Leader along with the determination to bring this to Division, ultimately Council. I believe in this regard, access is possible to the individuals interested. My thread now also includes a link to this thread so others are aware and can contribute here in a shared manner.

Last edited:

XGC Biohazard

Forum Nerd
Jan 2, 2012
yukon ok
im in i support that it would be awsome for badges for millitary active, reserve, retired. it would also be sweet if there were ones for the different branches as well.

XGC MomaAng

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I would have to say that totally agree with this. In the world today the Veterens do not get enough reconition as well as our active militaty. We need not forget why we have our freedom and those that have fought and even sacrifised there lifes for us. I am a disabled veteren myself and love to see when my fellow comorades recieve the reconition that they deserve.

XGC 1 Actual

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2010
Northern Kentucky
I've brought it up to my Division Leader in SYNdicate. I suggest each of you do the same. Run it through your chain of command. All we can do is ask!!! All they can say is ... No...
Thanks for the support everyone. This is a good issue!