Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ARTEMISFLY DESIGN APPLICATION

XGC_Artemis

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
Nov 18, 2013
Florida
Hey there I am very much interested in joining XDC for making sigs and other things for the site
I have Gimp 2 and photo scape which I substitute for photoshop all the same (really good programs in my opinion)

I have already made a few of my friends sigs Like cutdirtyd who is a captain in Final encounter from XGC IMPACT ND
and Xgc Luminal who you won't be able to see due to the fact that he left but you can see that sig here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-dkMknv5RlAcE8xRl8zQ1p6TWc/edit

I am also of thinking of going for the Video team but one step at a time :)

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Hi and welcome to the Design area!!

I'm glad to see you come by. Please take the test images I've posted and make signatures with those so we can see what you're able to do.

XGC_Artemis

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
Nov 18, 2013
Florida
this is my second one Again Not sure how to make these bigger so I hope you guys are able to see these

test one.jpg
I hope you like this one I kinda like how this one turned out, you guys are giving me great ideas lol

XGC_Artemis

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
Nov 18, 2013
Florida

I mask clipped the text from the last sig I made I also Kinda sharpened this image a bit after all the color i threw onto it it became a bit blurred

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
yeah lol I kinda figured it out before you told me

and I also have this one I was working on for Gifs Sigs already on photobucket

okay, so here is where I give you some CnC. Please don't take it at all negative, it's just my opinions. I'm a fellow GIMP user.

First off, the renders have a very hard line on them, which makes it look like it doesn't really belong. The best way to take of that is to duplicate the render, and go to flters, blur, gaussian blur, and set it to like 15 or so. It'll fade out the render and make it look better. You can also smudge/blur the edges. You can do any or all of them, depending on the render.

On the ghosts sig, try to stick with one focal point, it makes the sig look cluttered.

I'd like you to read up on something called "Rules of Third". It's a photographic rule about placement of key parts, that aids in flowing of images.

XGC_Artemis

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
Nov 18, 2013
Florida
ok thank you for your advice I have little experience in gimp so any advice or recommendations I will take and just like the honor code and such every thing is a learning experience

so again thank you raido I apreciate your CnC :)

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Definitely good stuff but I suggest and this is only a suggestion you work on your blending, as far as the focals are concerned it helps make the image look alot more natural like it belongs to that picture. Also your text is kind of too big it takes away from the image I would try using smaller text so it won't take away from the picture itself. Good stuff tho bro can't wait to see what you come up with.

Last edited: