Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APPLICATION: KOG INFAMOUS

TERROR

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wales, UK
1) KoG InFamous
2) GIMP
3) I have some skills in making sigs and know this program, but i want to know more and joining the Xiled Design Team should help me learn right?
4) I wouldn't like to join XDC, my guys need me over here because i am a General.

Also i got told that you were running low on Design members by KoG Devoured XS and he said i should come along and help.

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
You obviously have the general idea of how to make a signature. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind & include however.

These things being --
Depth
Lighting
Color
Flow
Effects
Text

I'd love it if you would choose a tutorial that you feel you can do -- Here are some you can choose from http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=beginner+signature+tutorial+GIMP&offset=0
Use one of the test images provided to do so, please :)

Post your results here :)

While youre at it, check out these awesome tutorials about sig making techniques
Part #1 http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sig-Techniques-Tutorial-part-1-191017807
Part #2 http://everystep.deviantart.com/art/Sig-Techniques-Tutorial-part-2-191043358
Part #3 http://everystep.deviantart.com/art/Sig-Techniques-Tutorial-part-3-191256877

TERROR

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wales, UK
I need you to make a photobucket account for your sigs. Its free. Uploading via the website usually decreases the quality and I dont want to give CnC until I can see the full clarity.

It has been done:

Assassinscreedtestsig_zps673a49c0.png

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
Much better, Can you repost the pokemon sig as well? :)

First step, try to start working within the size of 500x200 maximum. That is what is allowed for website signatures and it helps to get used to designing in that area :)

I like the direction you took however theres a few things I would change.

Text -- The text is drawing my eye away from the focal. Twi reason, its extremely large & its bright white. I normally also try to avoid placing text even with my focals head as it tends to be very distracting.

Depth -- Work on adding some depth to your work. The background should be blurred slightly so your focal is brought to the front. You can also help this by sharpening your focal.

Also, the blur you put on/behind the character is messing with my eyes. I would suggest toning it down a tad bit.

Youre definitely going in the right direction however.

TERROR

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wales, UK
Much better, Can you repost the pokemon sig as well? :)

First step, try to start working within the size of 500x200 maximum. That is what is allowed for website signatures and it helps to get used to designing in that area :)

I like the direction you took however theres a few things I would change.

Text -- The text is drawing my eye away from the focal. Twi reason, its extremely large & its bright white. I normally also try to avoid placing text even with my focals head as it tends to be very distracting.

Depth -- Work on adding some depth to your work. The background should be blurred slightly so your focal is brought to the front. You can also help this by sharpening your focal.

Also, the blur you put on/behind the character is messing with my eyes. I would suggest toning it down a tad bit.

Youre definitely going in the right direction however.

Okay thanks, ill take that into mind when i next do one and i made it bigger than 500x200 so i could show you my skill, but i can easily work with 500x200, as shown by the 5 signatures i put up firstly

Pokemon picture (this was me just messing about and testing some things from the tutorials):
Charmelion_zps8b4fc74b.png

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
This one is nice! I really like it. The one thing that would make it an awesome sig would be to sharpen your characters face & belly area mostly. Maybe a tiny bit around his arm and tail. The effects go really well with the theme though so very nice job on this one :)

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
I have posted new images in the "Test Images". Please create 2 signatures or banners using these images :) I will be posting images weekly for you to work with. The more active you keep your app, the more we can help you to increase your skills and get you in the direction of being accepted to the team. If you have any questions please ask :)

TERROR

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wales, UK
I have posted new images in the "Test Images". Please create 2 signatures or banners using these images :) I will be posting images weekly for you to work with. The more active you keep your app, the more we can help you to increase your skills and get you in the direction of being accepted to the team. If you have any questions please ask :)

world of tanks part1.jpg

CnC this and could you help me with the text? Im lost... I was thinking a fading effect with maybe a glow, could you help?

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
I really like this.
Also, I see you figured out the scanlines :p I would however suggest lowering the opacity on them just a touch.
As far as text, I would use a simple font such as "Optimus Princeps" or "Trajan Pro". You can find these on DaFont.com for free :) Try using a nice clean font like that and use your eyedropper tool to find a color that blends well. I would place it on the left side under the tanks barrel as well, it will help with balance. For my text, i use gradient maps to give it a fade effect.

I would however work on your effects. While this is a very nice simple sig, you didnt do much to it to make it your own. You know what I mean? Try altering the colors, adding some effects (C4Ds, Clipping Masks, brushing, textures, etc..)

Keep up the nice work!