Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

'XGC WORKFORCE'

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Petition to have a clan made with members that have trouble getting on in mind. Some members are very busy with jobs that don't have reliable hours, or are just draining, and by the time they get home there may not be time for xbox. I think a clan with this forethought should be made, and have more lenient requirements.

Such lenient requirements including
-only needing to hold squad meetings once a month.
-no set weekly game nights/ training.
-rank requirements that are more lenient to those that can't be on as often
-etc.

Reasons why I would like to see a clan like this include the fact that I have a job as an electritions apprentice. I currently work in a construction area, and have little time for xbox now. I have to wake up very early, and have no set time to leave work. On top of this I have an hour drive to and from the job site, and electritions classes 6-9pm Sept-April. On weekends I am usually away from my xbox, or am to busy on the website in the design section. (If you need a sig my third signature down will link you directly to my design forum. Feel free to click it and request art.) While my schedule may change in the future, I still foresee that I will always be very busy. This being said I am sure I am not the only person with a schedule like this that would love to be a section leader one day, or even would just like to feel like a member of the community, and and be able to feel like a part of it.

Since starting my current job I have not felt at place in my squad or clan. I haven't had the time to talk, or even play with many of my friends, let alone clan mates. In my stay here in XGC I have seen over 3 members within my own clan, many of which I even recruited, that have had a similar issue I am having now. 2 members in particular wanted to rank up and be helpful members of the community. One of which left the community because he had been a recruit for over a month because he couldn't be on when the clan meetings were held, and because he was only ever to play with one other member. The other had the same issue, but stayed in the community because he was eventually able to attend one of the meetings. However, he can't play with half the members of the clan because he can only get on after midnight.

Many players on xbox, and play station have scheduling issues just like mine, and I feel that if we could start a clan structured to support the growth of those members that it would flourish and could eventually be turned into a division of its own.

Please feel free to talk to me on 360, or the one for more information involving this idea, to brainstorm ideas to make this clan happen, or even just to say hi.

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
I feel where your coming from I'm always either at work or on call and then when I do have free time it's spent with my wife and kids, the only time I get to game is around midnight once or twice a week. Although I am active in the forums I've only met a couple of my clan mates. Your idea sounds good I hope it gets attention

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Thanks guys. I hope it does get approved. I'm sure it will need more convincing, and will probably require more use of the site, but I think that even squads built like this would thrive and really help the community; showing that a clan built on a new, work friendly structure would be beneficial to the community as a whole.

onetake1der

Forum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Massachusetts
I think this a great idea, and I think if it gets approved, you'd have a lot of support from members with strange schedules like us. A few tips you might want to consider:

Perhaps as a trade-off for being on game less, clan members could be asked to have a more frequent presence on the website. Being logged in takes minutes, and could show that a member is still active if other people don't see them in-game.

To help bring people together, clan squads could be divided by periods of time that people are on (early morning, late night, etc.) If the problem is being on when no one else is, you could try to get people with the same time problems together.

Good luck!

xyFormal

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 22, 2013
sioux falls
Petition to have a clan made with members that have trouble getting on in mind. Some members are very busy with jobs that don't have reliable hours, or are just draining, and by the time they get home there may not be time for xbox. I think a clan with this forethought should be made, and have more lenient requirements.

Such lenient requirements including
-only needing to hold squad meetings once a month.
-no set weekly game nights/ training.
-rank requirements that are more lenient to those that can't be on as often
-etc.

Reasons why I would like to see a clan like this include the fact that I have a job as an electritions apprentice. I currently work in a construction area, and have little time for xbox now. I have to wake up very early, and have no set time to leave work. On top of this I have an hour drive to and from the job site, and electritions classes 6-9pm Sept-April. On weekends I am usually away from my xbox, or am to busy on the website in the design section. (If you need a sig my third signature down will link you directly to my design forum. Feel free to click it and request art.) While my schedule may change in the future, I still foresee that I will always be very busy. This being said I am sure I am not the only person with a schedule like this that would love to be a section leader one day, or even would just like to feel like a member of the community, and and be able to feel like a part of it.

Since starting my current job I have not felt at place in my squad or clan. I haven't had the time to talk, or even play with many of my friends, let alone clan mates. In my stay here in XGC I have seen over 3 members within my own clan, many of which I even recruited, that have had a similar issue I am having now. 2 members in particular wanted to rank up and be helpful members of the community. One of which left the community because he had been a recruit for over a month because he couldn't be on when the clan meetings were held, and because he was only ever to play with one other member. The other had the same issue, but stayed in the community because he was eventually able to attend one of the meetings. However, he can't play with half the members of the clan because he can only get on after midnight.

Many players on xbox, and play station have scheduling issues just like mine, and I feel that if we could start a clan structured to support the growth of those members that it would flourish and could eventually be turned into a division of its own.

Please feel free to talk to me on 360, or the one for more information involving this idea, to brainstorm ideas to make this clan happen, or even just to say hi.

Couple of things, you mentioned not feeling a spot for you in your clan because you don't really get to game with anybody. So if you guys as the "workforce" clan would all be gaming st different times possibly not for a week. So wouldn't that itself decrease the probabilities of you having somebody to game with when you get online?
Say there's 12 of you in the clan 10 of you work 80+ hours a week with no real game time. How would that benifit any of you? You're all going to be on at random times, communication will be low, ect.
So how will you compensate for all of that? Because communication is the key to success for a clan. Any clan.
Also your general and captain should already be working with you in regards to your work schedule. We all understand having a life outside of the clan, and they should be understanding of that.
Personally I can relate to what your saying I've worked the farm and construction my entire life. I've dealt with the 100 hour weeks, but I had members who would be on because they no lifed it. So being with a clan that had active members even with me only being there half the time benefited me more than being in a clan full of people working similar schedules as me.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Couple of things, you mentioned not feeling a spot for you in your clan because you don't really get to game with anybody. So if you guys as the "workforce" clan would all be gaming st different times possibly not for a week. So wouldn't that itself decrease the probabilities of you having somebody to game with when you get online?
Say there's 12 of you in the clan 10 of you work 80+ hours a week with no real game time. How would that benifit any of you? You're all going to be on at random times, communication will be low, ect.
So how will you compensate for all of that? Because communication is the key to success for a clan. Any clan.
Also your general and captain should already be working with you in regards to your work schedule. We all understand having a life outside of the clan, and they should be understanding of that.
Personally I can relate to what your saying I've worked the farm and construction my entire life. I've dealt with the 100 hour weeks, but I had members who would be on because they no lifed it. So being with a clan that had active members even with me only being there half the time benefited me more than being in a clan full of people working similar schedules as me.

well, im glad you ask because since this post ive transferred to a much more relaxed squad which is actually similar to what i suggested. some of the members are from Europe, some from all over the US. while many of us are not on at the same time we all communicate through xbox smartglass and voxer where need be. also we all make it to the meetings, and we have found that our schedules line up pretty well every day for about an hour or so. looking back at this post now i definitely feel like the post is legitiment, but it wouldnt work in XGC unless a separate group such as XGG was formed for the sole purpose of people who work large hours.

xyFormal

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 22, 2013
sioux falls
well, im glad you ask because since this post ive transferred to a much more relaxed squad which is actually similar to what i suggested. some of the members are from Europe, some from all over the US. while many of us are not on at the same time we all communicate through xbox smartglass and voxer where need be. also we all make it to the meetings, and we have found that our schedules line up pretty well every day for about an hour or so. looking back at this post now i definitely feel like the post is legitiment, but it wouldnt work in XGC unless a separate group such as XGG was formed for the sole purpose of people who work large hours.

Well I'm glad you found a new clan where you fit in better! I understood where you were coming from with your post, there's just a lot to work out with it. I don't believe there would ever be a divison based just upon that, a clan possibly but the same standards would have to apply as they do for all clans. But hey if you put in the time and effort you can make big things happen!
The standards may never be bent, but we all do need to understand that everybody has their own real life schedule. We game for fun not because we have too. The goal for all XG members should be to create a better gaming experience than you had before joining the community. So when I read your struggle about your old clan, I felt I should at least reach out on your post.