Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC THE VENT

XGC Vader

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Hey guys, every single saturday starting at 7:30pm Central time .. 830 est. Vicarious will be hosting a event called "The Vent" its where we throw out controversial topics and hold public debates and see each others view point on them ex: Creationism/Evolutionism 911 Government planned? or Terrorist.
Ghosts, are they real? w00t. i know it sounds MAJOR lame, but we held one this saturday and it was a MAJOR sucsess. i would love if it all of you would spam your clans to ask them if they would like to attend. and it will be held every saturday so if the room fills (which it does and fast) they can always make it to the next one. thanks guys Peace out!

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
I attended last Saturdays Vent session and was very surprised how it went. It was 16 people actually talking about hard topics in a respectful manner. Not that this can't happen but, as we all know, HALO tends to bring out the worst in peoples attitudes. There were a few moments which might have went cross the lines with the nature of the conversations so I would suggest that we try and keep things a little under wraps for content and language. Some people could in fact be offended by what is being discussed so you might want to always keep the party invite only if not closed and only invite those that request to be there.

Debate and discussion is good but can sometimes turn ugly so keep it postive like you did on this last one.

Thanks!

XGC Bam ur Dead

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2006
Actually your Wrong. In the Fort Minor Forums www.forums.fortminor.com/index.php They Have the Same Thing as us basically. The 10 Character Rule was created by the Creators of vBulletin. they're the ones who wanted it like that.

i realize that.. same thing at slickdeals.net too..

but think, why would the vbulletin people want that??

they made it for the interests of the forum owner, just like the time limit between posts(not sure if we have one here or not), which is here to stop people from spamming 1 or 2 word messages.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
Topics,
Atlantis - fairly split on those that thought it was once a real place or not.
If you need to know, yeah, it was a real place and there is proof to show there was atleast a place of sorts in several areas but especially where it is said to have been. Whether or not it was actually this mythical place as some have made it out to be, that is where the debate really comes in.

UFO's, Aliens and such - I am not even going to get into this one but, just check out MARS and the moons of Jupiter for your answers.

Teleportation - I found this rather interesting as I had no idea that we were even close to doing something like this but in fact some dude came across this in 1993. Do a search on this on the net and you come up with a lot of stuff on it. The debate was more about whether or not it was against ones religion to actualy step thru it. The reasoning being it is said to do this, you have to detroy what goes in and then you are copying it or cloning it persay on the other end. So, it is not actually the same which brought up whether or not you would lose your soul or not. Who knows on that but if I can get my double cheeseburgers by clicking on the buy button from a website then they appear in front of me, who cares!! :)

Some misc stuff followed and in all, things went well. Sorry you missed it. See you next time!

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Hi! I definitely would like to get in on this - Arcameli I will try to find you on Saturday.

Another note - it would be nice if we knew the topics before hand - I would like to brush up on my teleporting technology research pre-discussion, if you know what I mean?

Thanks!
blondi

XGC Vader

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
Wisconsin
This Saturdays The Vent will be on the topics... Abortion pro-choice? pro life? (PG-13) then a cooler subject of Time travel (wormholes) can it happen? do they exist? Also survival situations.. (what would you do if?) so on and so fourth. those will be our main points to cover on Saturday.! so prep up on your knowledge!! w00t

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
This one could get interesting for sure. I will try to be there again. Do you think making it about 30 mins later would help some of the others be able to make it? Post the times here so everyone knows for sure again when it is. Thanks.