Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XGC ABSENT

XGC ABSENT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2012
New Jersey
After a brief absence I'm back. I don't have the time I use to to devote to xdc but I can def find the time for a few sigs and such here and there. Any of my old stuff can be seen as Xgc Absent which includes my old application process, all battles I have done, sigs of the week, banners, xgc promotional banners, etc. Let me know if I can be ob assistance.

1)Absentslacker (xgc absent on here cause havent switched names yet)
2) What type of program are you using? Photshop, c4d, psp
3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs? Years
4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC? No

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Welcome back Absent, and thank you for re-applying to the design team! Over the next week or two, I will work with you on fine tuning your skills and helping to prepare you for the Design Team. I can't promise all smooth sailing, but bear with it and you will come out better and more knowledgable in the end. I use CS6 so I can help in some areas if you get snagged up.

To start off with the app process, go to this link and create a design from each of the last two images posted and we will go from there. Make sure to post your finished products in this thread, and remember not to exceed 500x200px canvas size

http://www.xiledgaming.com/showthre...ges-for-applicatns-only&p=2880111#post2880111

I look forward to working with you and can't wait to see what kind of designs you come up with!

XGC ABSENT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2012
New Jersey
ghosts_zps09fc378e.png

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR

great job with this one. only thing I would ask you to change is the brightness of the white on the lower right corner (distracting from the focal) and the text. I have no issue with it being used behind the render, but if you are going to do that, raise the opacity a little bit so I [the member] am not trying to guess what it says.

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I love all your submitted works, try and remember the rule of thirds. I know it does not ALWAYS need to be used, just use good judgement when you don't use it. you seem to have a style all your own and it shows through all these and I appreciate that.

Let's see what you came up with for the car image

XGC ABSENT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2012
New Jersey
Thanks Radio, yea its been awhile! Caught up in life (mainly my son) and such. Anyway, the car was a rough one. Without any input on what was expected, i hit a bit of a slump. When dealing with people and sigs, generally, i would have their input as to what the overall look they're going for is... This mustang really beat me up (probably because its a ford) and i was (as the picture states) Lost in Translation.. Anyway, here she is:

lit_zps30d0499c.png

Attachments

• lit.jpg
    lit.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0

XGC ABSENT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2012
New Jersey
This looks pretty good. The only thing I would recommend is blending your render a little bit. He looks a little cut out at the top of his head.

That is what I was going for though. I wanted him to look like he was walking away from a battle taking his mask off as if to say "I'm done here". Had I blended the top in, that messege wouldnt have been evident. Of coarse, if this were a sig fthat was requested, I wouldve had more info and it wouldve been however the requester wanted it.

XGC ABSENT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2012
New Jersey
off topic.... what the hell is going on with xgc as a whole?? i have pretty much no one posting on my clans forums. i see very little posted here. i just checked sig of the week and there were only 5 votes..?? what gives? my first app i had 30 people ripping my sigs apart and critiquing everything i did.. now i've got 2? the applicants use to be 2 pages long and now there are only 3 or 4 total? maybe its just me but this community is starting to look like a ghost town..

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Design itself went through a transformation. As far as clan activities, my forum sees a bit of activity, but we game every single night. Im busy with real life stuff, but I'm trying to catch up.