Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHY SO MANY RULES WITH XGC?

xXx TikiMan xXx

Forum Star
Jul 6, 2010
S Carolina
I already have parents, and I'm a parent myself. I dont need some young cat telling me what I can or cant do over Xbox live or the Internet. The rules I have been givin and the threats of being kicked or banned suck in my opinion. I'm going back to a better community that excepts people for who they are. With out the douchebaggery of uptight idiots who think they are better that everyone else. Okay...Rant over, you can ban me now, and delete this thread.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
we don't tell people what they can and can't do... we have always stressed that all of our members pay $50.00 a year to play xbl just like we do. we aren't interested in restricting anyone's fun... the only rules that our gaming members have to abide by are one's of courtesy (no racism, trash talking, etc) there are no rules about how much you have to be online or what games you need to play, etc. unless you accept a leadership role. if you accept the role (you don't have to accept it) there are more things that we ask of you, but you are able to at any time give up your duties and go back to being a gamer if you do not want the responsibility.

even if you like trash talking we have another area for you in SYN... think about being a gamer in syn, there are really no rules to follow other than not being racist...

if abiding by the simple rules of being courteous, and acting like an adult (XG is 18+), than XG is not for you... the purpose of gaming communities are to put like-minded gamers in the same group. the only requirement to be a part of our community is to be respectful. if you can't be respectful and have fun at the same time, then honestly you shouldn't be a part of XG

i don't know what rules you have a problem with, but they aren't very hard... what did we require you to do that was so unreasonable?

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
Lol, you can ban me now. That is priceless. Wonder how many times will log in to keep checking to see if they are banned. I say 28 times.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
Coleslaw: It is going to be $60 in Nov not $50 just to let you know.

i know, i was gonna make mention of that, but that's a whole different conversation... and i believe there is already a thread about it too... but the statement stands no matter how much you pay to get online (and it would stand if XBL was free)

and contrary to his belief we don't ban people for stating their opinions... that is his opinion. if he tries to start drama and/or post stupid stuff to be a pain then he will get banned... we love everyone's opinion, and we take them all seriously

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
I don't see how the rules are that hard to deal with either... Most of them just state things that the xbox live CoC covers anyway. Racism, calling out people, excessive threats or aggressive behaviour... all these things if reported to the xbox live PET will get you suspended anyway, if people can't agree to these how do they expect to cope over xbox live?

Sure, teabagging won't get you suspended over xbox live, but its just respectful not to do it. If somebody t-bags me in game I sure feel a fury creeping up in my throat, so why spread that feeling to others?

Even KoG members as low as 12 [I had a captain that was 12 when I was a gen.] will respect and like the honor code, so it surprises me an adult has an issue with it. Like others have stated, if the rules were too much there is always SYN, sure you can't run around like the devil over live in SYN, but the rules are less strict.

The honor code in place here is slowly making xbox live a better place. And I'm sure this other community you speak of has a very similar code to XG, so good like finding a great community that will fit your expectations. I sure missed XG when I left, none of the places I went had the same community feeling as here. Have fun riding solo.

Last edited:

SYN xARMYx

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 5, 2010
Pensacola, Fl.
I don't see the harm in it either I play the same now as I always have the rules haven't affected me at all if nothing else its made my time on xbox more enjoyable I always know the people I'm around will respect me just as I do them. The way I see it if the rules change the way you play than it shows immaturity any mature player will have already abides by these rules long before they joined XGC.

Marsupial Hero

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Memphis Tn
I've had no trouble whatsoever with the rules. I don't even think about them that much because i believe you need to treat people with respect. And they pretty much correlate with my own moral stance.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
I don't see how the rules are that hard to deal with either... Most of them just state things that the xbox live CoC covers anyway. Racism, calling out people, excessive threats or aggressive behaviour... all these things if reported to the xbox live PET will get you suspended anyway, if people can't agree to these how do they expect to cope over xbox live?

Sure, teabagging won't get you suspended over xbox live, but its just respectful not to do it. If somebody t-bags me in game I sure feel a fury creeping up in my throat, so why spread that feeling to others?

Even KoG members as low as 12 [I had a captain that was 12 when I was a gen.] will respect and like the honor code, so it surprises me an adult has an issue with it. Like others have stated, if the rules were too much there is always SYN, sure you can't run around like the devil over live in SYN, but the rules are less strict.

The honor code in place here is slowly making xbox live a better place. And I'm sure this other community you speak of has a very similar code to XG, so good like finding a great community that will fit your expectations. I sure missed XG when I left, none of the places I went had the same community feeling as here. Have fun riding solo.

Just saying that syn rules are just as strict only difference is we can defend ourselves without any repercussions as long as it is not within xg.

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
With out the douchebaggery of uptight idiots who think they are better that everyone else. Okay...Rant over, you can ban me now, and delete this thread.

Comments of this nature are probably why you and XG didn't hit it off so well. I can see how our rules may have been overwhelming for you. What are they again in a nut-shell? Oh yes, be respectful and have fun! Thats it. That is quite a laundry list of rules and laws! Come on man!

Basically, our honor code is an extension of common sense and courtesy, it's not much to abide by. I wish you the best or luck in your new community search, however if you couldn't find a place here I doubt you'll find anything elsewhere. There is a reason 90% of the people who leave us come knocking on the door again.

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
Yeah but a lot of SYN guys get a way with a lot more than us people in KoG and likely XGC by the sounds of what I've heard from those over there..
Don't you think that is the same thing as saying KoG is the kiddie division where all the little kids are sent to?

That is the reason why others view SYN so differently. Just because SYN is allowed to T-Bag and defend themselves against people who decide to trash talk us does not mean we take things less likely. All problems in SYN are dealt with accordingly on a case by case basis. These rumors are the reason why others are looked down upon.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
Why do you guys take that comment so negatively? I'm only stating what I have heard from those within SYN. Infact a very interestin convo went down between me and a SYN general when I was general of New Dynasty and set up a clan match with them.

If you have a problem with me stating what I've heard then address it from the inside. I'm not saying its a bad thing. Infact the guys we played against were very, very good players communication wise and were absolutely no BS while playing. They even invited me into their party so I could see how they talked while playing. On top of that they even said they wouldn't t-bag or anything because they were playing against a KoG clan. From them I have nothing but positive thoughts about SYN members.

And regards to the little kid comment well TBH I wouldn't say no to that stereotype nor take it negatively as I myself have dealt with players as young as 12 in positions of leadership within my own clan and also adults above 30 who are in KoG.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
basically comes down to, is it that hard to be courteous and respectful, as we all should be. Its not hard to have fun while doing so.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
You know what I'm not even going to bother put down anything anymore. Looks like things haven't changed. Missing the good statements people make and only seeing the 'bad'.

Last edited:

XGC Amun Ra

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 26, 2009
Lompoc, CA
the rules here are very reasonable! if you are respectful and kind and a regular gamer, then you will be just fine. Yes i kind of think that SYN is allowed a little exemption from the Honor Code. Trash talking is trash talking in my book and I think that if KoG and XGC do not allow it, that SYN should follow those same rules. But honestly the rules in XG are perfectly fine and are much like many other organizations in the world today. It is not restricting anyone's fun and no one is saying you can do this and you can't do that.