Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHOA, ADS..

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
competition is good.
Possible this has awakened XG owners to do something fantastic for it's gamers. Shame it took a drastic move of me leaving to spark it.

what next?
Livestreams of gameplay?
Wait, we already have that. LOL!!

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
I'm not supposed to talk to you. Your evil.

Hahahaha JK, nice to see you Hy. I agree that competition can be a very good thing, I guess I'm just curious as to where this new form of revenue would go.

I'm not questioning why theyre here now, why we need them or anything like that, but would like to know how this could, or is planned to benefit the community in the future. Site maintenance is a given, but... new features, partners, services, etc..?

Guess I'm more excited at the possibilities than curious..

Nv Corona vF

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2008
Hylander, when we get your live stream up, I swear to (insert your god here) that we're not copying you lol. Weve had ads already. And the live stream will be up once we move to our new site. But didnt steal that idea from you obviously because weve been plannin it for a while now, I actually stole it from this other clan I play with alot E2K lol. They actually do it for a site called www.ufragtv.com Ive been live on it a bunch, its pretty cool that ppl can sign in and watch ppl play. Especially when it comes times for tourneys and challenges ;) ;) lol

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
Hylander, when we get your live stream up, I swear to (insert your god here) that we're not copying you lol. Weve had ads already. And the live stream will be up once we move to our new site. But didnt steal that idea from you obviously because weve been plannin it for a while now, I actually stole it from this other clan I play with alot E2K lol. They actually do it for a site called www.ufragtv.com Ive been live on it a bunch, its pretty cool that ppl can sign in and watch ppl play. Especially when it comes times for tourneys and challenges ;) ;) lol

No worries. It isn't a new idea at all. It is very cool to watch. I was on that ufrag site as well. I am testing our two others to see what the quality is.

Even with me sucking at halo people have still said it was great to check out.

Message me somewhere and let me know what's new with Nv. Your welcome to come post news and info on our site if you like.

Later.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
Are we talking about the google ads. If I'm not mistaken we have always had those.

No, I believe they are talking about your Microsoft Office Banner ad that now appears above in all the forum areas. It is an affiliate add and has nothing to do with google or people clicking on it. Buying something after you click on it is another thing.

Nv Corona vF

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2008
Nv is doing great. Ill have to PM you or hit you up on your site with all the details. But truly no one else is on our level considering how long we've been around ;)

Oh and I think those banners uptop ar adsense still. They just havent been there before with the full banner, because thats how they look on our site, it scrolls each time the page is refreshed. Like if you were to refresh your page now Hylander it probably wouldnt be the microsoft banner anymore

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
No, I believe they are talking about your Microsoft Office Banner ad that now appears above in all the forum areas. It is an affiliate add and has nothing to do with google or people clicking on it. Buying something after you click on it is another thing.

Ahh, well I wish that was an affiliate banner. Since most affiliate links have a number after the url which is your affiliate number. I should probably look to see what this is. Since no number comes after the links url.

Nv Corona vF

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2008
man, just cuz my gamertag doesnt involve xg, or xgc, or syn, or kog, or xgg no one believes me rofl.. I promise cav, Im like 90% sure thats a google adsense banner. Also, you still going to Anaheim?

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
I am gonna have to agree with Blackwater. Im very curious to hear why we got 3 banners in the forums now..im sure it is helping the community greatly :D

KemikalElite

Forum Member
Mar 29, 2008
WHAT A SHOCK.

What a Shock.

Yeah I really dislike these new ads. I know they might help XG but the old ads weren't always so "Click Here! Buy Now!" I think the fewer ads a site has the better it looks (as an organization) but that's just my personal opinion. It will take me a while to get used to seeing these new annoying banner ads.