Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHO YA GOT? STANLEY CUP FINALS

WHO YA GOT? STANLEY CUP FINALS

• Chicago in 4 or 5 games

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Chicago in 6 or 7 games

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Philadelphia in 4 or 5 games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia in 6 or 7 games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
Ok, stanley cup finals are here who ya got

From the East:

the number 7 seed Philadelphia Flyers

or

From the West:

the number 2 seed Chicago Blackhawks

both haven't won a cup in over 30 years, both have lost their last 5 finals appearances, and both were swept by the opposing team the last time that they were in the finals... who ya got?

I'm taking the blackhawks... they are a really fun team to watch and have a lot of talent. they have beat quality teams in san jose and vancouver... and were able to adapt their gameplay to their opponent (Defensive matchup against nashville, and more offensive against san jose and vancouver)...

The flyers have had favorable matchups up until now. they beat the devils (whom they dominated in the regular season so no surprise there)... then the bruins (it was a huge surprise that they came back from down 0-3, but the flyers shouldn't have allowed themselves to get into that hole to begin with)... and then the canadians (who weren't good to begin with, but were riding a hot goalie and faced washington who's know for flopping and a tired :( penguins team [have been to the finals the last two seasons])

The blackhawks skill will be too much and i'll go chicago in 5 games, winning the cup on phili's ice

KoG xFATHOMx

Forum Addict
Feb 18, 2009
Canada, Eh?
After them beating out the Canadiens, I would really like to see Chicago beat the crap out of Philidelphia. I've never been a Philidelphia fan. In fact, I dislike their style of play completely. I would enjoy seeing Chicago win. Plus they have the Canadian olympians like Toews, Keith, Seabrook etc. I give the series 6 games.

XGC Axecident

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 14, 2009
Xiled Gaming Forums
lol darkfathom FTW!!!

i know its a little late, as i just noticed this thread... but yep... chicago.... how bout them apples?

at least i know my team lost to the best LOL... Vancouver Canucks - Stantely Cup 2011
WEWT!

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
as hard as it is to win the cup, i'd be celebrating like a complete fool too if i would win it. I mean my penguins (especially the 91-92 flightless birds) were pretty infamous for their stanley cup parties (if you haven't heard check out the book "How the Stanley Cup ended up in the bottom of Mario Lemieux's pool" The cup is the hardest trophy in the world to win (i realize it's an opinion but it is really freakin grueling to win the cup) so i condone all crazy celebrations as long as they are legal (mostly legal).

I wish i woulda had more people talking about the cup finals before they were over

KoG xFATHOMx

Forum Addict
Feb 18, 2009
Canada, Eh?
lol darkfathom FTW!!!

Haha I can pick 'em.

And back on the subject of the celebrations, Hey, these guys spend the entire year playing a tough sport. Constantly working out, training, playing. They undergo a lot of pressure and stress throughout the playoffs and the regular season, even with the young Blackhawks, many of their players took part in the grueling Olympics. I say let them have some fun!

DaBearsA7X0117

Get A Life!
Apr 6, 2009
Romeoville, Illinois
lol darkfathom FTW!!!

i know its a little late, as i just noticed this thread... but yep... chicago.... how bout them apples?

at least i know my team lost to the best LOL... Vancouver Canucks - Stantely Cup 2011
WEWT!

I agree, they REALLY made the team around Luongo a LOT better. They're my pick too.

I just wish Chicago weren't such sore winners about it...
They could at least do it with a little pride you know?

Please don't imply that Philly would've done it with pride! Philly fans were (bleep-blep-bleeps) throughout the series, in fact the entire team was! They were the 7 seed, and got beat by a better team, so they should've been happy to have BEEN there and acted like said (bleeps)

as hard as it is to win the cup, i'd be celebrating like a complete fool too if i would win it. I mean my penguins (especially the 91-92 flightless birds) were pretty infamous for their stanley cup parties (if you haven't heard check out the book "How the Stanley Cup ended up in the bottom of Mario Lemieux's pool" The cup is the hardest trophy in the world to win (i realize it's an opinion but it is really freakin grueling to win the cup) so i condone all crazy celebrations as long as they are legal (mostly legal).

I wish i woulda had more people talking about the cup finals before they were over

I would've but, I couldn't!