Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHO ARE OUR CURRENT SPONSORS?

JerryRecords

Forum Rookie
Jan 7, 2007
Chi-Town, IL.
ever since i've joined in Feb. 06, i was told we were sponsored. I was quite impressed the way this whole community was set. now, i've heard rumors about almost anythin, and one of them is that we've lost our sponsors. I need to kno if we're sponsored or not so i can continue or stop sayin that we are. Can this be discussed? An anxious capt. wants to know.

G

ever since i've joined in Feb. 06, i was told we were sponsored. I was quite impressed the way this whole community was set. now, i've heard rumors about almost anythin, and one of them is that we've lost our sponsors. I need to kno if we're sponsored or not so i can continue or stop sayin that we are. Can this be discussed? An anxious capt. wants to know.

The fact that we are sponsored or not should not affect your decision about XGC nor should you use it as material to recruit with.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
0 0 7 says they will list our sponsors at some point on the site which would mean possibly we have some.

As for saying it to recruit people, don't do it. If people want to join because of a sponsoship let them go join some other community. We want good gamers that want to be part of a great gaming community.

Long long ago people did in fact say we were a sponsored clan and rumors of Google, Target, Travelocity and others ran wild. I have no idea who started that nonsense but it was part of the recruiting process and I can not confirm nor deny if at one point it was true or not. I told people this type of thing because that is what those in leadership positions had me say as part of our honorcode. When I became captain I slowly modified this as I never saw anything on the forums about a sponsorship of anything and others denied it altogether. As General I implemented something for my clan and new clans I ran thereafter and that was, saying the honorcode as it is on the website. No way to confuse anything if you do that.

As for sponsors, someone has to pay for everything you see here in XG and that is our council members. So if anyone sponsors us it is them.

The other thing so many get lost on is, we are not just some small time clan that recruits ego maniacs looking to get a free ride to some tournament that they will lose anyway.

We are a HUGE online Gaming Community. We don't send teams off to MLG stuff with XGC blazing over their heads but some of our members do play in tournaments all the time.

I hope this is helpful to you.

JerryRecords

Forum Rookie
Jan 7, 2007
Chi-Town, IL.
i would agree with both ya peeps above- on not bringin it up on the recruit process. Then again, when i was a recruit, I had my capt's tell me we were, later on, i was like 'waat? I been here long enough and those that said we had sponsors could not back up what they said whenever i asked who are our sponsors. I dont know why they would say we had sponsors, but anyways, moving on, i knew we were sponsored by the council members and they were the main ones running XGC.

Maybe they should modify or elaborate on the honor code a little bit more making sure we do not get us or all new recruits confused about the subject.

More like an in-service for everyone! hmm....

G

Yeah but why update the honor code, if people just used their common sense and good judgement they would see that most of the people you're bringing in when you mention sponsorship are solely interested in the sponsors, instead of XGC as a whole. I dont think the issue lies within the Honor Code, but in fact in the mind of the people recruiting.