Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHAT BRANCH...

WHAT BRANCH...

• Navy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marines

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Army

• National Guard

• Coast Guard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XGC Quarkblast

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 14, 2009
from missouri
i would like to ask you to not talk down to me.
i am very well aware that every branch has outstanding members, regardless of their training.
all i was trying to say is that, on a base level, the marine corps is the most difficult in its basic training and in the way the service member is expected to carry themselves at all times.
i am not saying it is the best branch. not by any means.
the marine corps is not the branch to join if you want to get a continued education out of your service. the other branches are better suited for that.
the marine corps is not the branch to join if you want to do something specific that another branch could provid emore for.
i.e. if you want to learn aviation, the air force is a better bet. or if you want to be a rescue swimmer, join the coast guard or navy.
i am not a brainwashed young marine who thinks he is better than the other branches due to his Eagle Globe and Anchor.
so, please, next time find out who you are talking to before you start to assume things sir

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Oh I wasnt talking down to you troop. I merely was pointing out that the marines is not the hardest branch of military, and that you have little time in service and have not had the experience with other branches that I have to say that the marines are the hardest. One branch is not harder than any other. Basic training is nothing compared to the rest of ones enlistment. The Job that one does differentiates what is hard. The day to day stuff, the deployments which is equally hard between all branches. is what makes it hard. not a few weeks of basic training.

XGC Bobwell12

Forum Star
Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Agreed with Zues, I'm in the Coast Guard for only a couple of months now so I can't say anything to the topic on hand but us "Coasties" learn to have fun when it is at the right time.

SYN DRAXX84

Forum Tourist
Mar 4, 2008
ive been in the marines for 8 years and i do agree with quarkblast they r tougher than the other groups except for the navy seals i have been places and seen stuff that wld haunt a person for a long time and ive done things that i do regret but i do wat im suppose to do i spent alot of time in from 2003 all the way to 2008 so plz dont say marines arnt the best and toughest cause i know that they are from exp.

XGC Jaguar

Forum Noob
May 12, 2009
Cleveland, Tx.
If your lookin into the military talk to all the recruiters do your research and find something you will enjoy doin for a career not just a job or where u will be stationed (or think you will b stationed) I was in the Navy as a "weather guesser" got to meet pilots and their life was more or less in my hands to keep them safe on what i observed. Thunderstorms were kinda a rush bc i had to go on the roof of a hangar to check a rain gauge and watch lightning strike the water and even our runway puttin a hole in it. #1 thing talk and research

The 1 Mr E

Banned
Mar 29, 2010
California
my dogs better than your dog, my dogs better then yours, there is no 'harder' branch of service, And if your comparing boot camps, they all suck,,,, period, they are supposed to suck, , , period, ive been to basic twice now, and you know what? Both times sucked. Sure parts were fun, but over all, being away from my family and friends, not to mention my xbox, getting yelled at by strangers, being sore all the time, it sucked.
GO Air force,,, no. GO Army,,, no. GO Navy,,, no. GO Marines,,,, no. how bout GO MILITARY!!! Yes.

danielxyzdiesam

Forum Nub
Apr 5, 2009
NY
i would suggest us army rangers or the marines but if u want 2 make more $$$ then i would go into ROTC its a military college that gives u better training u get 2 pick ur own gun out of a limited selection and as soon as u get out of ROTC ur already a LT. so if u go into the military i would suggest going into ROTC well see ya later :)

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
i would suggest us army rangers or the marines but if u want 2 make more $$$ then i would go into ROTC its a military college that gives u better training u get 2 pick ur own gun out of a limited selection and as soon as u get out of ROTC ur already a LT. so if u go into the military i would suggest going into ROTC well see ya later :)

what are you talking about... ROTC is not a military college. ROTC is a program that many schools offer. and it has nothing to do with picking a weapon. ROTC prepares students for becoming a military officer.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
Yea bud you have no clue what your talking about i am currently contracted with ROTC while in the Reserves so i can finish college and become an Officer in the Army. But yea man u dont know what your talking about its just a small portion of college not a Military school, unlike West Point which is the Army Military School.....Money isnt too bad, along side my reserve pay for E-5, and you most certainly dont get to pick your own weapon, maybe in the STX lanes when you are training, but mostly people get stuck with the rubber ducks( Fake M16), so idk what your talking about lol

BrickwallTimmy

Forum Junkie
Jan 19, 2010
Wallingford, CT
im glad this poll is closed cause whoever did it forgot to add the air force which i just signed up for. I'm taking my ASVAB on thursday and i hopefully will be doing Basic Training starting this summer.

XGC ZUES XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC XENITH
Aug 4, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If you are going to go take your ASVAB make sure you study for it. You can find some pre tests on MILITARY.COM. The higher your scores the more jobs you qualify for. Research the jobs you want to do. If you have any questions, there are plenty of AF personnel, prior and present in the community. Good job is choosing the AF, as I am prior AF, lol.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
Yea its not as hard as you think it will be though, dont psych yourself out before you go into it, stay calm and be confident, but yes do study, its is probably one of the most important test of your life if u plan on making a career out of the military, do well enough, and u have your choice basically of your MOS