Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Amun Ra

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 26, 2009
Lompoc, CA
So it's been a few months since me and a friend of mine got into a bit of a quarrel. I try to put water under the bridge and move past it but he continually acts like a little child about it. Should I keep try or just say screw it? I'm not one to give up especially on good friends.

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
Considering you actually wrote this up means you aren't very good friends to begin with..I would say screw it, too many fish in the sea.

KoG TAZZ 728

Forum Junkie
Nov 14, 2010
Plymouth P.a
I say loyalty above all, i try to keep my friends and if something happens i try to keep it there by still acting like a friend. thats just me tho i try to be the bigger person

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
If it is a good friend or one you have had for a long time, don't pay any attention to them for some time (don't respond to texts, FB messages etc or peacefully decline such things). If they really do value your friendship they should mature up a bit in response to the sudden lack of contact and interaction.

If they continue acting in a ridiculous manner or they are more 'associates' than friends, give them the boot. Sometimes it's hard but in the end it will save you a lot of fuss.

I've done the whole 'ignoring thing' (reason I put it in quotations is that ignoring someone is generally interpreted as immature - but if done the right way it solves a lot of problems) to both short & long term friends and it has worked well. I even had it used against me a few years back when I was having a bit of stress-induced-immaturity; gave me a reality check.

luckydan77

Forum Junkie
Mar 6, 2011
Florida
Friends and friends for life. It keeps getting brought up because you are suppose to be the bigger person and step up to the plate and say hey I forgive you and just bury the hacket. You have to ask yourself why it keeps coming around because your friend still wants to be your friend. Just some words from the OLDER! LOL

MR FUUM FUUM

Carpel Tunnel
Feb 28, 2011
i believe they're is no such thing as friends jus family and if this person is like a family member to you then yes you should be a bigger person and say i forgive you. but if he isn't then say screw it and move on

luckydan77

Forum Junkie
Mar 6, 2011
Florida
this is true but everyone needs a 2nd chance I mean after all some of my cclose friends i have forgivin and they would take a bullet for me.

SYN FRANKDATANK

Forum Addict
Jun 25, 2010
dayton, ohio
id say if he or she were a true friend anyway this would have been resolves by now regardless so just drop the line that youll always be there but stop worying yourself about and make new friends...

luckydan77

Forum Junkie
Mar 6, 2011
Florida
That's true there are lots of new friends out there. BUT! please take the time to look over the situation and pay close attention to your gut because I have lost lots of friends by just forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.