Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

THE CHATBOX, AND ITS VITALITY TO XG

Widowmaker313

Forum Star
Apr 17, 2007
none
To me, the chatbox was a way to chat, you could have fun, post cool links and sig links, and more importantly out a message on there for people to see if important. It was the way people talked to each other with speed. Since the chatbox is gone, to me (my OPINION) I have lost interest in being on the site. I find that it is a big draw and a bit of attraction to the site. I think we need it back, because it also helped bring up site numbers. please post why or why not we should have this.

KoG Beach Bum

Banned
Jul 19, 2007
Boston, MA
Widowmaker is right! I loved that chat box it was a really good part on the site. I loved how you could talk to people like right away instead of waiting for a pm. It was a quick and easy way to talk to each other.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
For now the chatbox is gone and going to stay gone based on all the work that is being done behind the scenes to improve our site and it's functionality. This is a long process so everyone needs to be patient.

If the truth be told, the Chatbox was the biggest DRAMA producing thing in our community. All the diots got on it to trash talk our members which caused everyone to lose track of their other reasons for being on their, gossip and rumors. LOL!

If you all need a hang out, feel free to make a CHAT thread in your CLANS forum area and use it. Posting in there is probably faster then posting in the chatbox anyway. Many CLANS already have a Chatbox or General topic thread and they use it to communicate off topic stuff with each other daily.

If your really bored, get on the box and chat in real time. Or, MSN or AIM. Lots of places to site around and gossip about drama issues if that's what you like to do. I personally prefer to get on the box with our members and have fun playing games.

As for the component of the chatbox where it may have been a quick thing for help, there isn't one thing that can't wait to be addressed. The proper way to get help is to go directly to your General or Section Leader not blast your problems across the entire website and community. Send a PM directly to the the people that should be helping you or get on the box and speak to them. That blasting your problems in the chatbox was something the leaders never wanted and still don't want on the forums. It isn't the entire communities business what others have going on. If there is a global issue, it will be addressed by the leaders of the community on when we have our meetings which is for sure on Sunday but usually one or two other days during the week.

At this point there is no debate so please let the issue go.

Let's focus on something more important like meeting new gamers and inviting them into our great community.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
asking a general or section leader isnt usually immediate, the chatbox was. There were usually several section leaders on the chat box, so it was a fantastic resource.

Also, I dont remember ever seeing a whole lot of drama on the chat box, and im on here all the time

last but not least, what difference does it make to have a slow website, at this point very few people actually use it, most everyone is just playing games

just a few thoughts on the matter

XxSnowyxX

Forum Junkie
Jan 7, 2007
Canada
There was really no problem with the Chatbox other than the resources it was taking away from the site. The problem lied in how people were using it, Drama will never stop but taking the chatbox off will prevent everyone from getting their nose into it.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
asking a general or section leader isnt usually immediate, the chatbox was. There were usually several section leaders on the chat box, so it was a fantastic resource.

Also, I dont remember ever seeing a whole lot of drama on the chat box, and im on here all the time

last but not least, what difference does it make to have a slow website, at this point very few people actually use it, most everyone is just playing games

just a few thoughts on the matter

Sorry but I didn't see you on their much and yes it was drama hell when we had it. I can point out the multiple people that were banned almost immediately for posting nonsense in it.

Regardless, like I said, it isn't up for debate. There is no chatbox as of now.

For those Generals posting here why not do something like get your clans actually setup properly in your usergroups on the website and then have them use the site going forward.

Hmm, novel idea. Generals actually running clans properly on our site instead of worrying about things they can't control.

Oh how the drama would just go away. :rolleyes:

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
if i can find out how to make a site specifically for a chatbox can we put a link to it on the XG home page so people know about it?

There is a chatoom which was setup by THEO long ago. I have it setup in Firefox - chatzilla so that it opens right to it. You can also use any IRC program (Trillian, etc..)

You have to go to his area in the web development to get the link and instructions.

I sent this out several times and no one ever used it.

IT is JAva based and can be used right inside your browser or you can setup it like I did if you want. It works very well in the chat programs versus the browser. I think it holds like 1000 people altogether.