Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SYN IRONSIDES APPLICAITON

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYN CAVSCOUT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 1, 2013
Texas
1) GT and user name: SYN Ironsides
2) What type of program are you using?
PS CS6

3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs
1 month and a week, still in the mist of learning.

4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC to be in a clan with other, like-minded members who also enjoy designing?
Would like to freelance, Do not plan to transfer to XDC

I am still really new to all of this and I know I have a lot of stuff to work on but would like to give it a shot!

here are some of the stuff I have been working on, most of it is sig(s) and 1 avatar...

gundam_zps3a168bdb.gif

^By Ironsides
kogironsides_zps79fdab0a.gif

^By Ironsides
SYN-Batman_zpsee94e696.gif

^By Ironsides

^By Ironsides

FortisVoluit

Forum Veteran
May 21, 2012
Hey I am glad to see you applied. Once you correct your application I will be happy to see what you can do and provide some tutorials.

SYN CAVSCOUT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 1, 2013
Texas
1) Gamertag and user name: SYN Ironsides

2) What type of program are you using? : Photoshop CS6

3) How much experience do you have with your program and making signatures or banners?: Only 1 month and a few weeks, picked this up as a hobby and would like to grown as a designer personally

4) What is your current clan & rank? Will this affect your ability to fill the requirements of being on the design team?: Current Clan: KoG HellHouse / Rank: Captain / No it will not effect my ability being on the Xiled Design Team.

Questions and Answers has been updated

FortisVoluit

Forum Veteran
May 21, 2012
I'm glad to see the update. I like what I see as a beginner. There is definitely room to improve and the basic thing I want you to start with is rule of thirds. LINK follow this to read what it is. Apply that to gundam Sig you made or a weekly test image (which you should always be doing). Again welcome to the app area and good luck.

PS read the tips for new applicants.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
You seem to have the basics down, but I want to point out 2 things. You never want to try to distort your render to get the whole thing in like you did with the gundam render. 2nd is that borders are amazing, especially when your render is cut like with the master chief avatar.

SYN CAVSCOUT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 1, 2013
Texas
Not going above and beyond just yet, taking it 1 step at a time.. but Tell me if this is a good positioning for the image.

testimg3_zps8c7c5816.gif

XGC Bradshaw90

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 1, 2012
Indiana
Id make the back ground color blend in with the render a little better...that bright gold doesnt fit very well. Try playing around with layers and color changes and see what you can come up with :)

XGC SinCity

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Not going above and beyond just yet, taking it 1 step at a time.. but Tell me if this is a good positioning for the image.

testimg3_zps8c7c5816.gif

The bigest thing with this image is how the render gets cut off.

Where the green circle is you either want to move the render to the edge or blur/smudge the render to get it to blend in. Also as Bradshaw said the color is off. Try and pull colors off the render so the whole sig meshes together.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
the best advice i can give is to look at other peoples applications and learn from their mistakes as well. all of our applications are, or should be, in our designer sections if you want to look through them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.