Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SEPT 11, 2001 WHERE WERE YOU?

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
i was working out of town in mississippi clearing a gas pipeline right of way. me and my wife were pregnant with our first child. i remember her calling me at work telling me a plane crashed into the tower. i was in shock i had a friend in new york visiting a college there. i tried calling him but all cell lines in the area was down i could reach him, then i get another call the second plane hit the other tower. i remember turning on the radio and hearing about our country possibly being under attack i was in disbelief, how could this be happening. at the time like i said earlier i was out of town and my wife was pregnant at the time we were living in Mobile, Alabama it was a port city i was scared this could happen all over the US and like most americans my job was to be with my family so before i could call me companies office i recieved a call to come home be with your families. this was a truely emotional time. my friend was ok but witnessed the whole thing an told me of this truely horrible event.so thats my story whats yours.

Reserved

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2012
Jackson,Mi
I was in my 5th grade home room and the teacher next door ran into my class room whispered something in my teachers ear and my teacher immediately started crying and she turned the tv on and the tv wasn't even on for 2 minutes when it showed the second plane crash into the tower. I was only in fifth grade so I didn't really comprehend it right off the bat. needless to say I'm never flying in an airplane

Asymptote82

Forum Nerd
Aug 8, 2013
Detroit
I was in basic training at Ft. Knox, KY. We were on the grenade range that day. The drill sergeants stopped training for the day and took us back to the barracks. We were told we were under Defcon D I believe or maybe A. I can't remember. The drill sergeants came in and said we were going to go to war and some of us may die. We were on lockdown and everyone was ID'd entering every building on base for a few days on.

MarkovZero

Forum Member
Jun 16, 2013
A, A
5th grade math class, the front office called over the intercom telling all teachers to turn on their tv sets, the entire school entered lockdown as we watched the second tower fall.

SkullBoyCarlos

Forum Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Miami, FL
i was in the 3rd grade. mom was dropping me off at school (i was a lil late). then all of a sudden the school went lockdown. i had no idea what was going on. then the tv was turned on at school. my mom was trying to pick me back up too but couldnt.