Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ROETHLISBERGER OFFICIALLY SUSPENDED FOR SIX GAMES

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
The NFL has officially confirmed that Roethlisberger's suspension will be for six games. In the meantime, Roethlisberger will undergo a league-mandated "professional behavior evaluation" and "must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators."

If commissioner Roger Goodell is satisfied with the progress Ben makes in the time between now and Week 4, he could reduce the suspension to four games. If he's displeased with Roethlisberger's progress or behavior, he could increase the length of the suspension.

CNBC's Darren Rovell says that a six-game suspension would cost Roethlisberger $2,841,174.

Several sources are reporting today that Ben Roethlisberger will be looking at a four-to-six game suspension from the NFL. Adam Schefter was first with the report:

Filed to ESPN: @mortreport and I are reporting that Ben Roethlisberger(notes) will be suspended four to six games, with conditions attached.

So that's the early word. Of course, we'll keep you updated as the story develops and/or becomes official. I'm especially curious about the "conditions attached."

Roethlisberger, of course, has twice been accused of sexual assault, though charges were never filed in either case. A punishment from the league has been expected, with no particular timetable attached to it, but it's looking like today will be the day.

At the same time, rumors of the Steelers trying to trade Ben Roethlisberger are picking up steam. Schefter also reports on Twitter that the Steelers are actively trying to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick in tomorrow night's draft.

A trade would be an incredibly bold move, and something that would've been absolutely unthinkable even a month ago. Roethlisberger's proven himself to be a franchise quarterback, and franchise quarterbacks, in their prime years, simply are not traded.

That the Steelers are considering it at all is a statement about how seriously they take their reputation as a franchise, and perhaps, about their confidence (or lack of confidence) in Roethlisberger to stay out of trouble going forward.(From Yahoo! Sports Blog)

Holy cow. THis is some crazy ****.

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
Dam that's nuts, they must not really like him to actually consider trading him. But I guess 4-6 games suspended is better than being kicked out of the NFL.

XGC EZE

Forum Nerd
Jan 11, 2010
North Carolina
Wow 6 games for a guy who never got convicted of anything seems a bit much but I guess Goodell is making a statement that he will not tolerate any of it. They just traded SB MVP Holmes to the Jets so I guess it isnt that big of a stretch for them to trade a 2 time SB winning QB, but it will take them a few years to recover from all this movement if it does happen.

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
THe dude is a great QB, but there seems to be a pattern emerging with him. I am not saying he is guilty/not guilty. I do,however, think that Goodells decision is right. I am also glad to see the Steelers org. making such a profound statement as well. Its a crappy situation, but level heads have prevailed.

Bigwhit61

Carpel Tunnel
Sep 16, 2009
Sucks to be a Steelers Fan right about now. The good thing about this though is that Big Ben hopefully can learn his lesson and come back in better shape and alot more healthy than he has in past seasons. There First 6 games look to be pretty easy the Falcons and Ravens will put up a fight against them. And it looks like he will be back in week 7 against the dolphins

CONSIG

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 12, 2007
from what I have seen is the steelers are gonna try to move him in the draft tonight. I am Big Ben fan but you get accused once okay, but twice? Maybe there is a pattern that needs to stop and some life changes to be made. Should be an interesting draft tonight if he goes though.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Someone needs to ban this guy from public restrooms!

I'm afraid that a drunk Ben will come in and violate me by the soap dispenser

BTW, Im a Seahawks fan, so this is karma Ben. That was our SuperBowl ***!!!

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
no black that super bowl was one for our thumb... i happen to live in pittsburgh, and honestly, the people of pittsburgh are split 50/50 half wanna keep em and half want him to go. we take pride in good football and we hold our players to a higher standard than some other teams... it's really the people in pittsburgh calling for ben's head the most. but we'll see what happens, i personally would keep ben unless they can get a #1 or #2 pick and grab Suh. the steelers organization is trying to walk the thin line between placating the mob and doing what's best for the football team... afterall the mob buys the tickets