Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RESPECTING WOMEN

CSTX Roid Rage

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2013
Texas
Basis for respecting Women

~Give opinions and comments ~

Over Xbox Live when playing with a few close friends that are females; I've come across numerous men that constantly harass, instigate confrontation, dispute annoyance, and display mind baffling comments. As for myself, I am completely non-confrontational unless pushed beyond extremities. So therefore I just tell them not to worry about it and we leave their presence and/or mute player.

I just would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same conflict of immaturity?

The way my parents raised myself as a child, was to respect everyone (Even your enemy). Display courtesy, appreciation for everything you're blessed with, stay positive, optimistic, and open minded to everything. Assuring that, gave me such insight growing up and me being able to see the beauty in anything and everything. To be honest, now that i'm older I can recognize that the way I grew up as a child has made my life now so much more positive and appreciative, respecting everything. Southern hospitality is a way of life for me... even when people are extremely rude to me.

Sorry I can babble on forever ... Back to my main question - Has anyone else experienced rudeness towards women over Xbox Live or even in real life? If so, how did you react towards that or what did you do to make it better??

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."

Hope every has an amazing weekend full of adventures!! :) Add me on Xbox Live - CSTX Roid Rage

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Good gravy, you have grammer!

Anyway, dealing with rude people over the box isn't too hard for me, most of the time. Most everyone has a time where they can't stop talking and/or saying the wrong things. Others are purposely rude for reasons often only known to them. I generally gauge why they're acting the way they are and whether or not the situation can be resolved now, later, or ever. Then I let them know what's the deal, take it or leave it.

But before it even comes to that, I can sometimes indirectly kill them with kindness or something just as strong. It often snaps people back to being pleasant, and focused, as opposed to rampant.

So to answer your question, I've experienced rudeness towards women over Xbox Live, and even in real life. I react differently based on my mood and others actions. I confront them or I guide them to make it better.

Furthermore, you must let people know when they've seriously done something offensive. Maybe not right then but don't forget and have history repeat itself. It won't get better if you don't know what you did wrong.

CSTX Roid Rage

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2013
Texas
Thank you kindly for your gracious opinion!

Surely everything you stated was very correct. Showing kindness regardless if they keep being consistently rude will without a doubt turn the tide on them. I've show kindness constantly whilst they kept being pessimistic and they ended up apologizing saying they have been having a rough day. I assured them there was no worries and to just keep it friendly on xbox or even in the real world. They usually applaud myself for the effort of being happy.

ECHO 519

Forum Nerd
Jan 29, 2013
San Jose Ca
Thank you kindly for your gracious opinion!

Surely everything you stated was very correct. Showing kindness regardless if they keep being consistently rude will without a doubt turn the tide on them. I've show kindness constantly whilst they kept being pessimistic and they ended up apologizing saying they have been having a rough day. I assured them there was no worries and to just keep it friendly on xbox or even in the real world. They usually applaud myself for the effort of being happy.
u hav a very good point

ECHO 519

Forum Nerd
Jan 29, 2013
San Jose Ca
Basis for respecting Women

~Give opinions and comments ~

Over Xbox Live when playing with a few close friends that are females; I've come across numerous men that constantly harass, instigate confrontation, dispute annoyance, and display mind baffling comments. As for myself, I am completely non-confrontational unless pushed beyond extremities. So therefore I just tell them not to worry about it and we leave their presence and/or mute player.

I just would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same conflict of immaturity?

The way my parents raised myself as a child, was to respect everyone (Even your enemy). Display courtesy, appreciation for everything you're blessed with, stay positive, optimistic, and open minded to everything. Assuring that, gave me such insight growing up and me being able to see the beauty in anything and everything. To be honest, now that i'm older I can recognize that the way I grew up as a child has made my life now so much more positive and appreciative, respecting everything. Southern hospitality is a way of life for me... even when people are extremely rude to me.

Sorry I can babble on forever ... Back to my main question - Has anyone else experienced rudeness towards women over Xbox Live or even in real life? If so, how did you react towards that or what did you do to make it better??

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."

Hope every has an amazing weekend full of adventures!! :) Add me on Xbox Live - CSTX Roid Rage
seems like guys r still trying hard on xbox.. wow

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
I agree roid. I am the type of guy who has and will always protect my female friends. i have found myself protecting females i dont even know when it comes to disrespectful guys. even if they dont need my protection i still jump in and protect them and im not just talking about xbox. real life too. guys especially on xbox act like they've never seen or talked to a female in their life and act like its a dating site also. i could go on and on about what i have seen, heard, and done to protect females but i wont. guys just need to grow up and mature. I love gaming with girls. especially when we get into a lobby of these types of guys for the fact the girls i know will destroy most of the guys that do game.

To answer your question though. I have to plead the 5th since this is a gaming community. The actions I have taken prior to joining this clan are too graphic and inappropriate to even say on here. just gonna say the guys i've dealt with no longer disrespect woman around me nor woman that know me anymore.

Last edited:

Reserved

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 31, 2012
Jackson,Mi
Hey echo you could've just put all that in one post, cause if the wrong person sees that they'll think Ur doing it just for post counts. Just a piece of friendly advice

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
Hey echo you could've just put all that in one post, cause if the wrong person sees that they'll think Ur doing it just for post counts. Just a piece of friendly advice

You read my mind. was gonna say something about that until i saw this post. its also unnecessary to post so much when you could say everything you want in just 1. no need for the spamming

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Hey echo you could've just put all that in one post, cause if the wrong person sees that they'll think Ur doing it just for post counts. Just a piece of friendly adviece
Yes
This isn't an instant messenger or a chat room. Take your time with your posts. Proof read them and correct any mistakes you want to. Sometimes, I type in 6 characters and post just to reserve my posting spot for editing later. This was typed on my phone though so I'm guessing he probably used a phone as well. It can be a pain.

Edit: You can also add a little to your post at a time by editing and saving when you get some done. I hate it when I type stuff in and it loses the text data when it fails to post. This reduces the amount you can lose. Enjoy the size 3 text and repost.

Yes. This isn't an instant messenger or a chat room. Take your time with your posts. Proof read them and correct any mistakes you want to. Sometimes, I type in 6 characters and post just to reserve my posting spot for editing later. This was typed on my phone though so I'm guessing he probably used a phone as well. It can be a pain.

Last edited:
G

Hey Echo, all of these posts could have been in one post. You can go back and edit any post of yours by clicking on "EDIT POST" in the bottom right. By continuously double/triple posting, this could count as spam, which is against the forum rules and guidelines. Talk with your general to get this cleared up!

kitty tutu

Get A Life!
Jan 28, 2013
California
I really really like this. Not that many people are very courteous to female gamers. And I just dont see why some guys go out of their way to disrespect someone or make them feel uncomfortable. When I come across people that are excessively rude, I normally report them, block communications and mute them.