Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RECRUITING CLASS IDEA

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
I wanted to throw an idea the councils way. Ive been noticing that alot of lower ranks in our community that break the honor code claim that they were never fully explained the honor code and are unaware of how Xiled Gaming members conduct themselves. And also say they were recruited directy after they met a member of XG. I have also found myself in partys with various clan captains while a member is being recruited and had to correct some of the things they were informing the recruit of. Ive noticed how much XGC Plunkett XS's captains class's have had an impact on our members. And how informant and reminding they've been on whats expected of captains. I think that holding a "recruiting class's" would be just as effective in going into great detail and all the steps you should take while getting to know and recruiting a gamer, and where in XG would best bennifits us and themselves. Now that us generals are all set to one clan, I feel there is more i should be contributing to XG. My clan is at 100 members and is run smoothly by the captains and myself. So I would have plenty of time to set up and do these class's. If yourself and the rest of the council think this is a good idea or are intrested in knowing more details about my idea please let me know.

Thanks

Widowmaker313

Forum Star
Apr 17, 2007
none
Yes, I also am tired of having to correct other captains and add certain recruiting parts and info in. I'm not saying I have never done that before, because I forget some Honor Code Rules sometimes. I once took at captain's class (Under XGC Talisman XS) and people have said it was not the best, no disrespect to him. The thing is we should'nt need captain's classes if they are trained correctly, I was trained correctly with the help of my fellow captains and generals, and am proud to say that I have a succesful squad and an amazing lt. who took over the reins of my squad when my box broke. I think, I repeat think, this is an opinion!, that XG (coming from experience with my clan) needs to have the privates be more involved in the clan. People are happier if they know they are progressing, like in a video game (lvl. ups, beating a game, lvling up your gamerscore), If Microsoft is smart enough a business tho know they need to give people a sense of gaining power, so should we. I believe each rank below sergeant should have levels. Recruit, second class pvt., first class pvt., second class sergeant, first class sergeant., Lt., Capt., Gen., SL., DL., Council of Leaders. I repeat, this is my opinion, and by the Bill of Rights, should not be deleted.My opinion is mine. I am not disrespecting XG or its affiliates, I am just saying we should be more productive with our rank structure.

Thank you,
Widowmaker313

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Yes, I also am tired of having to correct other captains and add certain recruiting parts and info in. I'm not saying I have never done that before, because I forget some Honor Code Rules sometimes. I once took at captain's class (Under XGC Talisman XS) and people have said it was not the best, no disrespect to him. The thing is we should'nt need captain's classes if they are trained correctly, I was trained correctly with the help of my fellow captains and generals, and am proud to say that I have a succesful squad and an amazing lt. who took over the reins of my squad when my box broke. I think, I repeat think, this is an opinion!, that XG (coming from experience with my clan) needs to have the privates be more involved in the clan. People are happier if they know they are progressing, like in a video game (lvl. ups, beating a game, lvling up your gamerscore), If Microsoft is smart enough a business tho know they need to give people a sense of gaining power, so should we. I believe each rank below sergeant should have levels. Recruit, second class pvt., first class pvt., second class sergeant, first class sergeant., Lt., Capt., Gen., SL., DL., Council of Leaders. I repeat, this is my opinion, and by the Bill of Rights, should not be deleted.My opinion is mine. I am not disrespecting XG or its affiliates, I am just saying we should be more productive with our rank structure.

Thank you,
Widowmaker313

Bill of Rights ??

News Flash, you are on Xiledgaming.com and if you read the forum rules and guidelines which you accept when you join the site, you will know that any post can be deleted regardless of your opinion. Normal stuff doesn't generally get removed. Things that people find offensive, pointless spam or threads and drama do get removed daily.

The rank structure debate has been going on since the beginning of time and the most recent change took a couple months to happen and only happened based on the extreme needs to get things under better control and organized for the future. A watered down rank structure like some other communities have has been proven not to work. Also, the power of a rank is made up by the person as there is no real power with having a rank in a clan which is based over the internet. Each rank has more responsibilities in the community and people accept those or not. Some people never ever care about the rank or doing anything in the community other then gaming. That is just fine too as we are a Gaming Community and love to have quality gamers in it. Those that can commit more time to helping out, accept the higher ranks and put in more time on the organization side of things. It is not mandatory to do that.

As for the class, you know what, I am all for classes that improve our community but, is it really a Generals job to train everyone else's captains or members?

If you are running a great clan and can build more great clans that is probably what you should focus on. Not what the other guy isn't doing. The leaders see who is or is not doing things properly and address that almost daily.

Hold yourself accountable for your own actions in the community as well as the others around you. If you see that other members are not being brought in properly go to the leaders over that clan and discuss things with them. Don't assume though that the leaders where trained properly and just complain to them about things. Help them but going over the issues that have come to you and work with them to make their clans better. Don't do it for them though. Guide them to the right way and if they can get it right, great. If not, in the end they will not be in the leadership positions they are in.

We are all accountable for our own stuff. Remember to get your own house in order first before you worry about someone else's. Calling out your fellow leaders on the forums or in pre game lobbies is never a good either so think before posting an opinion on how bad some others are running things.

Widow, please send me a FR - XGC HYLAND3R XL.
Thanks.

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
That is true Hylander, some generals might take offense If i were going over things with there members. My apoligies to anyone that might be offended by my post. It wasnt meant for anyone in particular. It's just a general observation that ive noticed. If it wouldnt be a good idea for me to run them maybe a section leader that is eager and has to time to do more could run them........just an idea

and czechyoself thanks for the opinion on the matter as well as hylander

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
That is true Hylander, some generals might take offense If i were going over things with there members. My apoligies to anyone that might be offended by my post. It wasnt meant for anyone in particular. It's just a general observation that ive noticed. If it wouldnt be a good idea for me to run them maybe a section leader that is eager and has to time to do more could run them........just an idea

and czechyoself thanks for the opinion on the matter as well as hylander

Hey, don't take me the wrong way, I surely was not saying offering to help the community was a bad thing. Just that at some point, people need to be held accountable for what they do or do not do. I wouldn't want you spending hours trying to train the entire community while others don't do a dang thing.

Trust me, I know this type of thing from experience.

Keep doing the things you are doing as you are a good General and future leader in our community.

Thanks!

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
Classes are good and whatever, but honestly, a good portion of XG isnt interested in recruiting scripts or anything like that. If you were to offer a class for only interested people, that might be one thing, but I dont see any point in having a manditory class for anything if the people arent doing anything wrong necessarily. I agree that the captain and lieutenant who are doing the recruiting speech and whatnot should do as good a job as they can to explain the honor code, but it should be up to the actual people to look at the website and honor code themselves.

I dont think that an honor code violation can really get classified as ignorance, because the only way to break the honor code is talk **** and cheat. If that wasnt told to them in the first place, then whoever is sending out clan invites should get their sorry butt demoted so they cant corrupt any more people :)

Im not against classes (in fact, im still waiting to hear when the next one for me is :)), but something as basic as telling people not to tbag or mod shouldnt be something that needs to be taught, by the time you are a captain you should have the honor code down, and it shouldnt be an issue to someone who deserves to be where they are.

As for getting recruited when you first meet someone, that is how I got recruited, and look at me now, a sucessful General working on his second sucessful squad, and hoping to be a section leader one day (wink wink). I will admit, that getting to know someone is usually a better method, but some people lose interest if they arent approached right away. I know for a fact that I wouldnt have joined if I hadnt been recruited right out of a game, because the guys who recruited me got smoked! I went 19 and 7 that game, while XGC Perdition went 16 and 9 (I went and found the game I got recruited after :p) wheras Desert Warrior1 (XGC Warrior1) went 13 and 20. Had he not asked me to join a sponsered gaming communtiy right then and there, I wouldnt have played with him again, in fact, that was the only game I ever played with him.

But luckily, he asked, and I joined, and Ive been happily devoting my time to XG ever since.

im ranting a bit, but you do it on a person to person basis, whatever is going to work best for you, them, and your clan. I have had a lot of recruits leave after a good chunk of time, which happens with lots of people, but none of them have ever left angry, or maliciously, they just want to pursue other interests, but I followed my gut, and a lot of my best captains were recruited directly by me, because sometimes you can just tell :)

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
Thanks for your opinion Pentagram, but just because being recruited right away worked out for you, doesnt mean it works out so rosei for everyone. It is always a better idea to get to know and play with a gamer for a little bit before you recruit them. Of course to see how they conduct themselves and how they treat fellow gamers. Its an excellent way to determine what branch of XG a gamer should be recruited into.

And as for highlander thanks for the encouragement and noticing my efforts torwards the community

XGC CzechYoSelf

Forum Nerd
Jan 18, 2007
Springville, CA
I have to agree with Redneck on this. From my experience, my best recruits have been the ones whom I had played with for a number of days before seeing their gaming habits and asking them to join the community. Ive even given a few hard working members to SYN because thats the type of gamer they were and would fit in better. Had I recruited them to my clan they probably wouldve been booted in a couple weeks, but since I got to know them and I put them in the right branch and now they are doing good things for the community.

I dont think recruiting off of a script is a good idea, but a class could offer people a general guideline of how to go about it (even though all generals should be teaching this to their own clan). I also think it would add a little consistency to the type of people we recruit into our community. I dont think the class should be mandatory, but it could turn into a useful tool (especially if we have ton of new people join with H3, cross your fingers) and could open some lines of communication in XG.

Just a few thoughts I had. Plus I had nothing better to do for 10 minutes but go on a little rant :)

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
Im not saying that its a good idea to recruit people after one game, but if your gut tells you that they are good, dont put yourself in the position of them being uninterested after you play with or against them, because its impossible to simply describe how great XG really is unil they have experienced it for themselves.

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
Patience is a virtue in all aspects of our community. We are a very large community, there is no reason to rush recruits in as soon as we meet them just like theres no reason to rush promotions within the ranks. For one they may not possess the characteristics to represent our community as we do. And Two we may place them in a division in which is not best for us nor them. Im not saying my ways the right way nor the wrong way, everyone does things a little different, but the way i train my guys and the way ive done it myself has proven to be good so far...

And also if there that impatient to say I want in now or not at all.....is that really the type of attitude we want in our community anyway?? I know I sound like a broken record when I say this.......but we always want to recruit by quality and not quantity. Its better to have 100 members that follow our honor code and represent what XG stands for than to have 1000 members that give us a bad image

XGC xVenomx

Forum Star
Jun 17, 2007
Port St. Lucie
Yea even though i am a Sergeant now, i was a general and it seems like having a recruiting class seems like a great idea, because this way you can solve problems such as bad recruiting and the fact your getting most of the clan to have something to attend to so it they can be more active and interested in the clan.... Redneck if you need someone to help you can count on me i am in all the way

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
I just dont think that a formal class is the right way to go is all, It seems like a lot of work to go through so you can bring more people into the community, I would rather just play games

XGC REDNECK XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Nov 27, 2006
kentucky
lol, playing games is a good thing.....thats what we are all here to do. But being a good leader and helping out our community any way possible is a good thing to.....

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
these classes would be great, but why not just put how to recruit in with the captain classes. It should be the captains anyways saying or listening in on the recruiting of new members.