Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QUESTION

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
First decide why you are in the community and whether or not you want to be a leader or a gamer.

There is a difference.
We have thousands of great people that are here to game, have fun and network with other gamers.
Not all of them really have the time or ambition to be a leader. There are lots of responsibilities that come with moving up the rank structure. It isn't for everyone so don't think you have to do it but if you want to do it, make sure you listen and learn from those around you and do it 100%. Go all in and do it. Don't fake it either as that just causes many issues for everyone. Do it because you want to and not to get two letters at the end of your name.

I don't know if you have since moved up to being a Capt. yet or not but if you have and haven't taken the Captains class get in one right away. That will give you some basic understand of the foundation of this community and put you on the right path.

Always remember, this is a gaming community. We get online to join up with other games to play games and have fun. Sure we have those fun long meetings to discuss stuff each week but that is a needed thing to maintain a community of any kind but at the end of the day its about socializing and gaming with other gamers.

Regardless what rank you currently are, recruit and train your own people. At each rank you need a replacement in order to be considered to move up to the next rank. If you take on the responsibility of recruiting and training your replacement and teach those under you and around you to do the same as a group you will build a strong team of like minded gamers and leaders. Ever heard a General say his captain suck?
Or maybe even a captain say his LT sucks?

How can that be possible when they are the people directly under you and should be someone you trained and work with all the time. Maybe they do suck but maybe its the Generals or Captains fault for not doing their job right.

Same thing as an LT. If Sergeants and privates are not participating or doing stuff they are asked, don't blame them. Maybe as an LT you need to go find the right people. Quality over Quantity.

When I was a captain and then general our clans could easily be found online as all you had to do is look at a few of their parties. I had a capt message me one day and asked me to check out who was online in the second clan I was building. At that time we had like 63 total people and 47 where online. They were all in parties together. Maxed out parties playing games together.

If you turn on the box and you are not looking for any and all of your clan members to game with than you need new clan members. Heck, most of us all communicating outside the box and knew when we would get online and what game we were going to be playing.

Last thing, focus on being the best LT or Capt you can but don't be a boss or bully to people. If they don't respond to things you are asking them to do realize you may need to evaluate first how you are communicating with them and second if they are the right people for what you are trying to accomplish in the community.

Feel free to send me a friend request anytime.

Thanks,
XGC HYLANDER XC