Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NOO!! ITS THE FLASHING RED LIGHTS!

KoG brenden

Forum Nub
Dec 9, 2006
Minnesota
hotshot I know exactly what you are going through, mine just started the evil red lights last night :'( My dad spent like an hour talking to microsoft than looked online and were thinkign we have a loose solder joint.

Unfortunately our warranty is up(even with the recent extension to a year) so they want $150 for us to fix it!(total bs) Since warranty is already up we're gonna open it up tomorrow and try heating dashboard to reseal the loose solders they put =p

I can give you the vids were using if you get it back broken still and you can try that (this method automatically voids any warranty you have on it though) But of course the best thing is if we don't fix it we can send it into microsoft have them fix it for $150 and then get reimbursed by my dad's CC company since they double warranty length if bought using the credit card, or they may send him a check for brand new premium xD

KoG brenden

Forum Nub
Dec 9, 2006
Minnesota
well look on the bright side if they can fix it they will always give u a new one

rawr they'd give him a refurbished one, and there's still no guarantee he'll get that, or if they'll even give him a new one, i was reading things online that people were getting theirs back and they were still broken.

But hotshot, if yours comes back still not working, first let microsoft hear no ****ing end to it through their phone system, than look online for vids on how to open your xbox, and how to heat your motherboard up(voids warranty but no point in a warranty microsoft won't carry out anyways =/), we did it with a $20 heat gun and my xbox works fine now.

The most likely problem for you is a solder joint came loose from the crappy soldering done by microsoft during assembly and now it is sausing a cable or possibly more than one to not connect properly. By heating up the xbox's motherboard this should get the solder joins to loosen up than re-seal where needed. Now there could be something else wrong as they decided to only use one error code on the 360 (3 flashing red lights), but this is your most likely chance at fixing it.

KoG HotShot

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
I Don't Know
Well if you can send me the videos to my email that would be great! Jman3690@yahoo.com. But otherwise I have no clue what it is I am going to send it in and if I get it back broke those phone operators wont hear the end of it! I doubt they will be able to hear when I am through with them. But worst case scenerio I will try your idea but as you know I am not very good with motherboards and dashboards so find a video that an complete idiot and or Domed can understand so I will have a shot at it. Lol thanks for the help Brenden!

KoG HotShot

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
I Don't Know
And also I am temporaily on my regular xbox for the time being. I was not able to recover mt normal acount but I do have an old acount on it I would like EVERYONE to send it a freind request but PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE KoG HotShot XL from your list because I will be returning to that if everything works out! My tag is AHT Rampage.

Last edited: