Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NHL 09

XGC HOLIDAY

Banned
Jun 19, 2007
Oh Canada
www.myspace.com
Hey myself and XGC Crazzy FS are trying to get a NHL 09 team together to start competing online. Im not sure about how it will work with the 6v6 but to my understanding you use your Be A Pro guy to do it. Right now we only have myself and him but are currently looking for more...the plan is to soon enough get a team together and play on game battles. If you are interested let me know I figured that you might be :D. On another note if you want to have a friendly game let me know im always down for a game or two

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i created a team called "Xiled Penguins" just to create a team and see what is going on... i have been wanted to get a team together for sure... I realize that not everyone is going to like the pens (although i know you do doc) so if you are going to make the team make it just Xiled Gaming, or something neutral to the hockey world...

here's how the team thing works... if you play a game as "your team" then you are the created player that you created when you bought the game... also, if you just join a random OTP (online team play) game, you will play as your created player if the game is RANKED... however if the game is unranked, then you play as whoever is in your position normally, for example if you pick center in an unranked game and ur team is the pens, you play as crosby... also in unranked you do line changes, but you reappear as a different person in the same position... example, if ur crosby you will control malkin after u change lines... in the team play and the ranked OTP you don't change lines, you play as yourself the whole time

that sounds cool. so do you have the same attributes as your created player, for example: if you play more offline games with your created player and build certain skills up, are they the same on the ranked games? Or is everyone on a level playing surface.

Reason is that I just started playing with the created player and don't have that many attributes or skill levels.

Either way I think it is awesome. Coleslaw, I don't have a problem with the Pens, even though I'm a season ticket holder for the Rangers. They did beat the hell out of us last year. I would think that you could only be on one team at a time so maybe we should stay with the Pens team.

Last edited:

XGC HOLIDAY

Banned
Jun 19, 2007
Oh Canada
www.myspace.com
yea im totally down with the pens...crosby is from like 2 hours from where i am at so you knwo im a crosby fan...they better do better this year...we all need to get in a party on COD 4 or halo at some point and set this up

Coleslaw, Doc and I talked and I think since you started a team we could just join that so there won't be any confusion. Maybe you could send us an invite, that would be cool. Thanks!

If not, let me know and I'll setup a team, but I would hate to be a mamger since you guys probably get on more then I do.

KoG Openfire

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2007
Ohio
k sounds cool. send me an inv or w/e doc, i'll be on for like one more game then i'll be back online later after i actually do my homework. haha

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i need another invite to the clan, or i need to create one... i saw u picked the sens as the team, idk y? it doesn't really matter, maybe we can find some cool jerseys in like the DEL league or something that many people aren't used to... we'll figure something out...

and to answer a question earlier, your attributes on your create-a-player in single player are not your attributes online... you need to play more online to make your online player better... to add you online points to your attibutes you need to go to "performance tracker" then go to "edit be a pro" and it will let you increase your online attributes...

KoG Openfire

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2007
Ohio
sounds good. i accepted mine. im getting a little bit addicted to this game haha. and btw i already got two requests to join diff. teams, so you guys are in the prescence of a pro. haha jk ;)

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
yeah I've been with a few different clubs already myself, just so that I could play with some guys, since none of XG was on... but anyway i have a goal for you guys that will be in the club (i will also work towards this goal) i want you guys to either get enough of your friends already in XG to join the club, or recruit people into the club so that we get at least 15 people... 1. We will all get an achievement, and 2. you should always be on the lookout for recruits anyway...

so that's the goal, use nhl 09 to recruit some more (al least 15), cus most people on that game also play CoD4 and H3

KoG Openfire

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2007
Ohio
i was just talkin with my section leader about how good the game is and he says hes got a few guys if we were tryin to start a team. hes gonna get a list of anybody interested and when i get a hold of it, i'll let you guys know. ;)