Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MS POSITIVITY'S DESIGN APP

MsPositivity

Forum Nerd
Apr 24, 2015
Sinking Springs, PA
gytQpu8.png

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
We typically do our sigs at around 500x200 banners at 400x75. Aside from that I'd say try to work on how you use the space in the sigs. I'm noticing that in the images you've made you have a lot of dead space that you're trying to fill with your background. Sometimes you can get away with it, but on your current sig (the last uploaded) the c4d seems to draw more focal than your image. This happens a lot with canvases that are long but short, so try to remember to use your focal the best you can when you make images with a larger canvas.

On a second note I like to share this link with all new applicants. I find it pretty helpful.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...321-dynames-pro-tips-sig-making-tutorial.html

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Also you're not supposed to fill requests until you're on the team. It's fine for now since they're already done, but don't do it again until further notice, or until you're on the team. Please post all images you've created for requests in your app, and finish and post all sigs that you have already replied to that you'd do.

(Personally I will thank you for doing them though because I've been pretty busy lately myself as I'm sure the rest of the team is.)

MsPositivity

Forum Nerd
Apr 24, 2015
Sinking Springs, PA
These aren't the best examples of my work because they were made for others, there they are!
Also I am sorry about all of this, thank you for letting me know that you have to be on the team so I can
pass that along to other people incase I see that myself - thank you for all of the advice you have given me thus far :)

giNP0zp.png

pA4kcoI.png

uSy00F9.png

zfwuyDA.png

zNkPJ9t.png

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
What kind of project? Also the requests you've filled came out nice. I like the top four a lot, but the bottom one has a lot of space that's only filled by background. On the Irish request you claimed please make the sig 500x200

MsPositivity

Forum Nerd
Apr 24, 2015
Sinking Springs, PA
I don't remember saying anything about the Irish one, I'll have to double check that. My project is making useable banners for all of the division/clans - they don't have to use them I just like giving people the option to pick them up if they needed one, so it would be ready for them. Is there any date when my app will go through so I know when I can start doing requests again?

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Good Sig a lil plain for my taste i would've at least put a lil something just to fill up that space. Also its hard to tell that there's depth in the Sig, i can tell with the different color of the focal on the right side but at first glance especially if they aren't a designer they won't catch that. All in all Sig was made very good, also i would've made the text bigger around 12 font but good job tho.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I have to agree with shredda on the depth and text. Usually the text size would be fine, but since there's no background it just seems oddly placed being so small. As for depth the image is very flat. You could play with drop shadows to add some depth, or you could move the character on the right behind the purple line you used for text. One other point I'd like to point out is the clashing of the two characters. One being more monotone while the other is full color doesn't sit well in an image like this. I do like the use of space though, and the sizing. I also love how you did the text. Keep up the good work.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Should I cancel this pending application because I feel like everyone hates everything I try to do.. :(

No! I understand how you feel. Many applicants, myself included feel the same way. It's tough to be an applicant because when people CnC your work they're going to be telling you what they feel you can do better, but not what you're already doing good. It would be repetitive to tell you that you're already a good designer. Just keep doing you're sigs and try not to worry about feelings because nobody hates you're art. I can't remember who told me this when I was applying, but "if you're always being told how good you are then you won't push yourself to get any better. If people keep telling you what they think you can do to be better, it will push you to be better."

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Yea don't take this as us downing your stuff because it's very good the cnc is to make it better. Its almost like writing a paper for school, once you're done you'll want someone to proof read for you to make sure everything looks and sounds right that's the same thing with this. Trust me when i first put in an app i was nowhere near as good as you coming in so i was consistently being corrected, hell even now I'm still learning. Don't take it as us trying to knock your stuff you're doing well just take what we're telling you and try to apply it to your next project. But don't get discouraged or feel we're just trying to diss your stuff cause that's definitely not the case. Keep on pumping out good works and continue to apply changes and you'll be a member in no time.

IGnzo

Forum Junkie
Jun 12, 2010
Should I cancel this pending application because I feel like everyone hates everything I try to do.. :(

Please dont give up that easily you just started the app.., everything they say to you is constructive criticism and you shouldn't let that get to you. you should just take the advice and put it into your next signature or just ask where is it the most you need help in. like imo i see that you use more than one focal point in your signatures trying just using one render at a time and create depth in the work do some cc's and try some different adjustment layers. if you need any help just message me i can help. you have the attitude to design and that is what we need!

XGC DeWhit69

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 5, 2013
Lafayette, IN

Trust me girl I felt the same way when I went through this, but its to help develop your designing abilities. Here's a website that helped me:
HTML:
http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials

Plus ill even show you one of my first images: (I redid this one five times with Rave, Shredda, Browncoat, Jupiter, Venereal Monkey and Radioactive assisting me with critics)

Ghost_zps9ad33883.jpg

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
Untitled92.jpg

i made this when i first started GFX in another community. Got ripped on so hard for it i didnt ever want to do sigs again. the thing that made me want to do graphics again was another designer who told me "The world of design is a boot camp. Other artists will automatically like your signatures, but they're only going to tell you what you can fix; it's what you can fix that makes you better." I've lived by his words since, even outside of design. i hope his words help you like they did me.