Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MORE MODS/ ADMINS

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
I've been here a year now, and one thing I've noticed more than anything is how long things tend to take at the help desk sometimes. I believe theater more admins and mods can help speed things up. Also an issue that many clan forums have is crowding of posts. Many members post new threads just to write hi, or that they don't like a new game update, and don't realize there are other places to post small blurbs, like a clan 'lounge' post. To help clean up forums I think that section leads or generals should be able to appoint an active member of each clan to be a 'clan forum manager'. These members would be able to hide, move, and sticky posts in their clans forums. I feel that this would also bring more attention to the site because members will be more active on the site in order to get this position. Not only this, but they will try harder to learn how the site works and is run.

XGC TitusEpic

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 1, 2014
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
+1 to this idea. I like it and would always be willing to help with Help Desk or any moderation once my rank allows me to get there.

I browse the x1 and x360 clan forums on occasion and do notice that there are many posts that are kind of irrelevant but that is kind of the point of that forums I think, so users can post random threads.. I think it should be up to the Captains, LT's & SGT's to teach users how to use the forums when they first register here.

FaceUp

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 30, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I've been here a year now, and one thing I've noticed more than anything is how long things tend to take at the help desk sometimes. I believe theater more admins and mods can help speed things up. Also an issue that many clan forums have is crowding of posts. Many members post new threads just to write hi, or that they don't like a new game update, and don't realize there are other places to post small blurbs, like a clan 'lounge' post. To help clean up forums I think that section leads or generals should be able to appoint an active member of each clan to be a 'clan forum manager'. These members would be able to hide, move, and sticky posts in their clans forums. I feel that this would also bring more attention to the site because members will be more active on the site in order to get this position. Not only this, but they will try harder to learn how the site works and is run.

We do not merge posts or threads PERIOD. This "post / thread crowding clean-up" isn't necessary. This preserves the history of the individual clans and the community as a whole if anyone where to want to visit the past. As for the help desk, things are solved quite quickly actually as there are leaders with Administrator that dedicate their time to check it regularly (such as myself for many, many years). The only area in the Help Desk that sometimes takes longer to get solved is the banner upload area. The reason for this is because most of it requires the Head Administrator to solve and there's only one that does that. As for moderating individual clan forums (sticking, unsticking, closing, soft deleting, etc..), we already have somebody to do this, it's the Section Leader's responsibility to maintain the clan forum. Adding another person to this role would be counterproductive to the Section Leader rank. After all, a Section Leader's main objective is assist General's with any questions they may have and help moderate specific areas of the website.