Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MODERATOR QUESTION

GoldMinE

Forum Veteran
Mar 29, 2007
Indiana
hey viper,
i've asked a few ppl about this but none of them have been able to give me a straight answer, i was wondering if it was possible for me, a general, to have moderator just over my own clan's forums, so that i could control just my clans threads and delete any old ones
thanks
goldmine

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Good question.
I asked it myself a year ago as well as many others. At that time the answer was NOPE.

I suspect it will be the same now.

The idea is this, there are 300 plus generals and no way that many people can be a moderator on the site without true chaos happening because of it. And, you can't give it to a few and not others because Generals are Generals no matter what squad or division they are in.

No offense to you or any other generals but, most are not ready for the responsibility of being a moderator.

As you gain rank so do your responsibilities in XG.

If you notice Section Leaders are Mods on the site. Corona is the person you would go to if you need something specific on your forums.

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
Well said Hylander and that is very true. Section Leaders have moderator status over the Squads. If Generals had moderator over their section in the forums there would be no checks and balances to protect the squad. For example, if a General was to leave and decided to hit the squad and also had moderator to that part of the forums, he/she could delete everything and there would be no trace of the squad--to include the squad members list. This protection must remain in place to protect all members of XG.

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
Yes Corona is the only moderator, but you also have XGC THING XL over there as well. As SYN members continue to grow and expand, then there will be the need for more leaders and those positions will be filled by the most qualified leaders. Then they will have moderator status in the SYN area.

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
Yes, anything a moderator deletes can be undeleted