Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MODERATION 2 GENERALS

RGC AlphaGravy

Forum Star
Nov 28, 2008
Georgia
i know what ur thinking : give mod power to Generals? u must be out of ur dam mind kid! (im 17 btw lol ) ,but i know it sounds radical n far fetcted , but it really does work. proof of this is in RGC ( i know i don't like RGC that much , but straight to the point ) it works well. it works well because the general could fix stuff and make the forum clean, this Xs who may take a day to 3 days to fix everything. this could be bad because someone could have posted something unappriate for forums. basically i think we should do this and im open for discussion and i hope the council votes on this and the more people who support this the better :)

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Sorry but I have to laugh at this. It worked in RGC?
Why are you back in KOG with over half their clan if it worked? LOL!!

That said, this has been discusssed a few to many times and so far the answer is not happening.

Not to say that it won't be considered again but beings I was part of the past discussions and heard everyones thoughts, I'm going to go out on a limb and so it still isn't happening.

Just my hunch but we shall see I guess.

As for your reason, if the XS can't do their job then maybe we should find a new XS. It isn't like they got that much to do other than get online and hang out and play games with their friends under them.

Do keep in mind we don't delete posts (clean up our forums). Everyones post is important when they make it so no one has the right to remove it. If there is an inappropriate post , REPORT IT!!!!

When you report it, all the super mods and admins get an email and usually within 30 seconds of that email several are on top of getting rid of the bad post.

The tools have been given to you to use, use them and the system will run itself properly. That's why people that leave us come back. We know what we are doing. :)

Reactions: CG Bunny

RGC AlphaGravy

Forum Star
Nov 28, 2008
Georgia
i have a great XS!!!!!!Bear is great!!!! but in the past, i had bad RCs(XSs) who would never go on and would never moderate. i looked at a few Xs forums and some of them have less than 200 posts. that usually means that that Xs isn't that active or has an inactive section. thats what i am trying to say

Poa Triv

Forum Star
Dec 2, 2006
Wisconsin
Post count really has no bearing on activity on the forum.

I think giving Generals fourm control will lead to the same issue the "SQUAD LISTS' of Halo 2 had. People will get pissed and then deleting all the threads. Yeah they can brought back but its still a pain in the @$$.

As for my clans, I look at their fourms every day. If a general has an issue with a thread,he lets me know and i take care of it. Im not saying every other XS does or doesn't do this, just a point of view of one XS.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
^ So true Poa Triv,

As nice as it would be to have some more control over our forums, I can see why the higher-ups would be hesitant about it. It wouldnt take much for some vindictive disgruntled Gen. to wreek havok on a forum. Plus, there usually isnt much going on in a clans forum that the XS can't deal with...

NxJ FireFighter

Forum Nerd
May 24, 2007
New Jersey
yeah i agree...defiently should leave it to the XS's and up to handle it...like Hylander said use the tools that they give you and everything will be fine...there really isnt much a general would be able 2 do with any privs on here anyway...just a waste of time and more risk of a mess because somebody would start deleting things that shouldnt be

p.s- if you liked how RGC ran their community then go back...this is XG its ran different and has been around alot longer thats why everybody tends to try comming back here after they leave...i think they know what their doin here lol

XGC Phntm XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
XGC ENIGMA
XGC CERBERUS
XGC DEATH REAPERS
Apr 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
Actually..You can limit the moderation powers of any moderator. You can limit a General to only be able to stick/unstick threads in his own clan and no where else (With this, you can remove the threat of threads being deleted). In which case there should be no worries to giving Generals the ability to stick/unstick threads in their Clan which is why I brought it up many times in the past.

RGC AlphaGravy

Forum Star
Nov 28, 2008
Georgia
I know it's been a long time and I'm not here any more but I just thought of something:
Let's say the General is cool and all it is inevitable that this person will ome day snap, would u rather have this person snap as a general with little power on his/her clan forum or when they are an XS with more power? Just food for though my XG friends :)
Just thought I should point that out if yall ever reconsider this idea

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
to many ppl are hard nosed on this issue it'll never happen but phantom is completely right in it. It is a good idea to limit the general to his clan and give him basics like sticky and what not. It's not hard for an XD to recover lists if they know what they are doing but none the less this idea will never come to fruition.

XvBigPapavX

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2007
Where Uncle Sam says....
Having been both a Section leader and General, I can tell you that generals do NOT need moderator, its part of the job of an XS to moderate the forums, generals need to just worry about their clans and building them up, let the XS do the administative work within its section

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
Actually..You can limit the moderation powers of any moderator. You can limit a General to only be able to stick/unstick threads in his own clan and no where else (With this, you can remove the threat of threads being deleted). In which case there should be no worries to giving Generals the ability to stick/unstick threads in their Clan which is why I brought it up many times in the past.

Completely agree with this.

G

Agreed, I can see the ability of being able to sticky and unsticky threads as a great asset to the Generals in the community.