Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LEADERSHIP CLASS II

KoG Scorpion

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Il
www.xiledgaming.com
This is part two of my captain/leiutenant training. Its useful information, this will help down the road when its your turn to be the big boy.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Solution for a Captain who is not doing thier Job

If a captain is not doing there job. Do not demote them, revaulte them. What I mean by that is that you need to fix what they are doing wrong, explain to them what they are doing wrong, give them tips that will help them down the road, then read the Captains responsibility over again and tell them to go on the forums and read as much as threads as you can find about leadership. If your going to demote someone, make sure its permenant! Because in the future when they get staff back they will "hit" the clan. You dont want that to happen.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Is splitting really the most important thing?

Absoluty, positively not. DO NOT GROW A CLAN JUST TO SPLIT. First of all, if you do that you will be in a hurry and recrute people who really arent meant for XG. Second, you will have to promote captains who arent ready for it, and one general that isnt even prepared for it! Trust me, ive been thorugh it before. If your clan is doing amazing and you have like 80 people and you dont want to split because you have a strong bond together and its flawless. That is tottaly fine! You, and your clan will stand out more then someone who has 3 tags and runs 3 different clans. Put it this way, if you focus on only one clan and make it so strong! You'll catch the Section Leader's eye.
Did i mention that running 3 clans as a general or 1 clan as a general dosent make a difference to the SL or DL?

What happens if you promote people before they are ready?

If your promote a captain to a general when they arent ready...theyll be like what the hell am i suppose to do now..and just sit there. This will corrupt your clan! XG is based on leadership, promote people who have leadership and show it and dedicate to XG! Teach your captains about leadership, teach them what its like to be a general so they can be prepared for General! This will help extremly down the road.

How come he got promoted before me?

If some is wondering why they arent getting promoted yet. You have to communicate with them and tell them why. If you dont theyll end up leaving. You have to tell them they are inactive, or they arent showing leadership, or your always cursing. If you dont they wont know what they are doing and continue doing it.

Who to promote, who not to promote

People who say..

When am i gonna get promoted?

You say

Never! Do not ask for promotions. You get them by showing leadership, and you have to express the honor code and represent XG!

People who say..

What do i got to do to get promoted?

Your reply should be "show leadership, represent XG, express the honor code, recrute great quality players.

Someone who asks you "what do i go got to do to get promoted" this person is showing you that he is willing to progress in the XG struxture. This is someone who will work for it, and show you that he/she wants to climb the ladder.

REMEMBER PROMOTIONS COME BASED ON ACTIONS

Not getting a promotion, be patient!!!!

Many people become jeoulus when people get promoted before them, and what they end up doing is asking why and bother the SL or General. Guess what happens....they push it back even further. Promotions come to people who deserve it, you may deserve it..but if your not getting it thier may be a reason behind it. DO NOT WHINE ABOUT NOT GETTING PROMOTED AND WHY YOU SHOULD GET PROMOTED!

Example:

A long time ago, back in XGC..they were 4 generals (general A, general B, general C, general D)who were next on the SL llist. The first week 2 of them were going to be promoted, the other 2 the week after. So the first 2 generals(general a and general b) get promoted. The next week General C and general D were suppose to get promoted. Until General D was "butt-hurt" because he didnt get promoted. He went to the Sl and Dl asking them why he wasnt getting promoted, and everytime he did that he was getting pushed back, and back until he couldnt get it anymore. General D ended up leaving XG for that.

REMEMBER BE PATIENT!

How the votes for SL + General promotions go...

Many of us think the SL's vote for generals, if you do your wrong! A SL brings the name to a DL of a general who he/she thinks that deserves to get promoted, and then the DL will go and evaulte the person and bring the name up to the council. Then they all vote on it together. Its just like how a general brings a captains name to the SL and the Sl evaltues then promoted.

Remember Captains dont promoted leiutenants to captains, the General does.
Generals dont promoted Captains to Generals, the Section Leader does
Section leaders dont promoted Generals to Section leaders, the divsion leaders + council do.

The rank above you will always promote someone to your level.

A Random thought

If a section leader tells you to promote someone (lets say he calls you on the phone and tells you to promote someone) you say no. Becuase it will be like you are promoting a captain to a general. And that messes up our structure and make the new General think he can promote people to genral when a SL is not there. Its the SL to get on and promote da captain to General, if he cant do it, he has to get another SL to do it. This is a responsiblity that a Section leader has to take.

Everyone has a life outside the Box

You cannot boot a member for being inactive. They have better and more important things to do in life that is better then getting on xbox live. If you are a higher rank and you cannot get on xbox live, try to get on the forums to communicate. Dont boot inactive players or people who have the wrong symbol. People who have the wrong symbols are called "Gamers" a gamer is someone who cannot get promoted to a sergenat or higher. A Gamer is someone who accepted the honor code, but dosent want to keep the emblem required.

So your probably thinking....What am I suppose to do when i get 100 members

Your clan is stuck at 100 members and you have 10 people who are inactive and havent been on for months. These are the steps you take

1) Go to your SL and explain to them that you have 100 people and you are going to remove so-so and get them back in when they get back.

2) you send all the inactive members a freind request. Post thier names on the forums reminding yourself that these people are still in XG.

3) You remove those players after getting permission from a DL or SL. (A DL may get involved)
(I talked to Viper, you are allowed to do this, dont forget to talk to the XLs)

Every Rank higher= More Responsiblity

Do not think your captain knows thier stuff. Repeat to them weekly so they understand the importance of thier job. Actually repeat it to your clan, because every week your clan is changing. Make sure your captain knows all his responsibilities before you promote them. Teach your captain communication. Whats the best way? FORUMS!!! Forums are the primary source of communication. If your captain is doing something wrong. You have to address them, tell them, explain to them and get it fixed and make sure they understand. YOU HAVE TO COMMUNICATE.

PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS!!!!!!!

Every promotion is based off of actions. You wont get it if you sit there and ask for it. You have to know what your gonna do to climb the ladder. Get people who want to climb the ladder involved so they (progress) know what they are going for. Do not promote people who ask when they are getting promoted. There is a big difference. A captain and General may understand.

Every promotion is based off of leadership. All of you know what this means..for those of you who dont...read Part One.

Look at the ranks above you to learn from them. Challenge them (ask for a quiz, ask them if you can try to take care of one of thier problems) You will learn if you challenge harder people.

Is a recrute considered an XG member?

Not yet! A Private and above is considered an XG member.

If a recrute leaves XG...do we add him to the ban list. No! A recrute may have left because maybe he didnt like the clan...If a recrute leaves and he joins another KoG clan, and you notice that he likes it a lot. You let it be, let them stay there, because now they understand that XG is a great community.

Well isnt that poaching?

The only way its poaching is if a staff or higher takes him from your clan while he is still in your clan.

A Private or higher wants to get transferred to another clan

In this case, you need approval. From who? Both Section leaders and all four general.

A Private or higher wants to get transferred to another division

In this case you need approval from a Division leader also.

Who to add someone to a ban list

when a private or higher leaves, they are not allowed back in XG! Unless they get voted on by the XLs and allowed back in(XL is plural for SL/DL)

Wondering why a SL is running a clan but isnt his job to?

The only time a SL will run a clan is when a general disappears or leaves the clan or hits it. A SL will run the clan until he finds another general to replace him or promotes another general.
Its allowed in our structure, but the SL has to do this to keep the clan alive.

New General? Old general? Captain..who cares still read

UPHOLDING THE HONOR CODE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR A GENERAL AND A CAPTAIN! ESPECIALLY FOR A GENERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

A General has to make sure that the people below him are upholding the honor code, and the general him/her self make sure they are upholding the honorcode.

GENERALS ARE THE BACKBONE OF XG!!!!! If your a general and your leadership is bad. You will produce bad leaders and all of the your bad leadership will be passes down to the clan.
(promoting people before they are ready) GENERALS SHOULD BE RESPECTED BY EVERYONE!

Generals should discuss with other generals on a issue they have and vote on it together. So you know for sure you are doing the right thing, and doing it fairly. Use other generals oppinions.

Makeing a choice but not sure if correct?

Depending on your rank, get other people to assist you, and you tell them whats the story and you all vote on it together. NETWORK WITH ALL RANKS!

EVERY RANK YOU GO UP YOU HAVE MORE THINGS TO DEAL WITH AND YOU HAVE A LOT MORE RESPONSIBLITIES (drama, issues)

If your a new general and you need an opinion, get experienced generals in the part, explain to them your problem. Then vote

COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS

Generals are responsible for squad records. Its is your job to turn it in. If you get a captain to do it and he doesnt do it. Its still your fault because its your job to get it done!

BOTTOM LINE!! BE PROFESSIONAL WHEN YOU UPHOLD THE HONORCODE IN MM, CUSTOM, AND LOBBY!!!

(promotions come when you guys show me what i told you in part one and part two

(Feel free to give me reputation points....youll find it to the left in the bottom)

Last edited: