Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ISSUES WITH RESPECT EVERYONE L@@K

XGC Eric

Forum Nerd
Dec 10, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
BattleForums.com
OK in Blackout guys XGC Patriotism has left the clan. Why? Because at his General status, overload of a XGC clan, he didn't get respect. Don't worry, it wasn't because of the guys from Blackout, it was because of a lower-ranked person (name need not be mentioned) from another XGC clan. Now I want you all to look at why XG was founded. It was made to be a Respectful and Fair clan.

Now yes in order to go up in ranks, you have to know your stuff and work hard, be active in the clan. But once you have outranked someone, the level of respect from a lower-ranked XG member should be somewhat noticable.

Now in Patriotisms case, he was a GENERAL, and he was arguing with a captain. The argument eventually turned into the captain calling Patriotism a liar. Now yes the argument itself was stupid and pointless, but the fact of the matter is, it shouldn't have happened at all because Patriotism out-ranked the captain. The captain had the right to contest Patriotism initial stand on the situation, but in the end the captain should have accepted Patriotisms decision as a leader in one of XGC's clans. Because he got to that position, as do most, by being able to make important and fair decisions.

So I want you all to look at this situation as an example. So it for what it really is. Look at it, learn from it, and if we all work together.....eventually fix it. Now there will more then likely never be a day where every XGC member is completly respectful. But as Generals, we should constantly be influencing and teaching the clan members that RESPECT is one of the main values of XG. As Captains, you should be leading by example and also be showing the new recruits, privates, etc, the ways of XG. And finally as LT's (captains in training), Sergeants, Privates and Recruits, you should always be following the rules of the honor code and reminding each other about what XG is all about, Respect and Fair gamplay.

Thanks,

Wade

I haven't really noticed issues of respect such as the one you described.

Usually in XGC the "lower" ranking members show a decent amount of respect, especially to the overlord of their clan. For that matter, there were steps that he definately could have taken (even talking to The Council, Section and Division Leaders if necessary) to ensure that didn't happen.

Like I said, most XGCers show respect, so maybe he didn't deserve it.

XGC philsim7

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Philadelphia
A very similar situation happened in XGC Basic. There was this seargent who decided that XGC was not for him at the time. He told the SL and gave a notice and was going to leave on good terms.
One of our former captains, who had been transfered 3 times before because he had problems with people in the clan, decided to bring him to a party of 15 people and in front of everyone start bithching and telling the seargent that he was going to be blacklisted and that once you leave noone is allowed to come back.
After this one of my co-captains who shall remain nameless said in the party after the other captain had left, that the captain was a cry baby. A private in the captains squad told him and the Captain sent his seargents to go around and ask everyone if they liked the former Captain. Most people said that he constantly overstepped his bounds and thought that he had limitless power.
After receiving the responces he starts freaking out and saying hed quit because he doesnt have any respect, then he says that hes not going to be blacklisted because he left on good terms and didnt do anything wrong, even though he took around 15 people with him when he left. Thankfully many of the people who left were really cool people and came back, but the captain never did.
Also the seargent went back to his originol clan that the formercaptain removed him from with the promise of a leutenant promotion that he never fullfilled

XGC Dark boricuan

Forum Member
Dec 7, 2006
FORT SMITH ARKANSAS
www.myspace.com
I just recently became the General of Blackout, and being there first hand opened my eyes to what was going on. I agree with most of you, off course some of us wont ever get along but you have to think of not just your clan but XGC as a whole. Remember that WE (individually and as a whole) are who make XG what it is. so if we have recruits seeing this its going to be bad upon them and think negatively and then leave. they will then go and spread untrue rumours about XG and how no one has respect for anyone. So what do we do? easy. while in Matchmaking we keep some proffesional deameanor.. this means that If u are accustomed to playing around with your guys and calling them names, then dont do it. if u guys play fight as most of us do dont do it to loudly.. u have to remember that we are always influencing the gaming community because WE are the Top leaders of the gaming world. Always keep the respect, it doenst have to be too formal but it does need to be there. i believe i have the right guys in my clan who respect me but before they can respect me i have to prove myself. not only as a leader but as a team member. i mean come on. most guys wont play with a guy who doesnt respect himself or the game.

XGC Vader

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Personally Zealot has a better view more than Saint. the reason why is because you need to EARN respect. because you have a title and a private comes in brand new, he doesnt have to auto-respect you. your job as a general is to show this guy you are cool enough and good enough to earn the "Halo Clan Leader" Respect. and if your a good leader then earing this should be a peice of cake.. it's called playing with your members ^.^

XGC xCORVETTEx

Forum Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Califonia baby!!!!
A very similar situation happened in XGC Basic. There was this seargent who decided that XGC was not for him at the time. He told the SL and gave a notice and was going to leave on good terms.
One of our former captains, who had been transfered 3 times before because he had problems with people in the clan, decided to bring him to a party of 15 people and in front of everyone start bithching and telling the seargent that he was going to be blacklisted and that once you leave noone is allowed to come back.
After this one of my co-captains who shall remain nameless said in the party after the other captain had left, that the captain was a cry baby. A private in the captains squad told him and the Captain sent his seargents to go around and ask everyone if they liked the former Captain. Most people said that he constantly overstepped his bounds and thought that he had limitless power.
After receiving the responces he starts freaking out and saying hed quit because he doesnt have any respect, then he says that hes not going to be blacklisted because he left on good terms and didnt do anything wrong, even though he took around 15 people with him when he left. Thankfully many of the people who left were really cool people and came back, but the captain never did.
Also the seargent went back to his originol clan that the formercaptain removed him from with the promise of a leutenant promotion that he never fullfilled

Unfortunatly Ive seen this happen a couple times.There are times i have to remind them they dont have the right to take responsibility of punishing a person.Thats the generals and SLs job.Also,I completly agree with Vader.

XGC philsim7

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Philadelphia
Only bad thing in basic was that a captain quit and booted 10 people before he left a week before and then 2 captains quit after the event because one was the captains friend and one said he didnt want responsibility.
Also with regards to respect, everyone should respect everyone untill one person does something to break the others respects. Also in accordance to the honor code your supposed to discuss all of your issues and ideas through the chain of command so if you have a problem with what someone is doing you shouldnt blatently disrespect them but you should tell them what your having a problem with and bring it to their attention. Also just because you have a position doesnt mean that you can stop doing your job becaue you think it wont get taken away

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
right on philsim, the position you have is earned but it can be taken away just like that. So remember what you did to get where you are and keep doing it. Otherwise you might end up losing somethings. chea

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
I think it was Zealot first then Vader, maybe some others that mentioned that Respect is Earned. This is very true. However, for some odd reason, when people get promoted to Captain first and then some at General they seem to lose their minds. It is like they get the promotion and think oh, now I can just be a jacka$$ to everyone and everyone else should bow down to me.

Several people thought I was on a power trip many months back when there was a conflict between a SL and myself. Nothing could have been further from the truth. I live by a NO DRAMA policy even before I came to XGC. I have on occasion bumped my head and made some quick decisions but always have come back and said, hey, that may have been wrong and corrected the situation. Others, sometimes just remain blinded by their rank or position which is very sad.

Talk to and with all members, not down at them. For the most part we have great quality people in our community. For the few that are not, we should all remember something, it is WE that recruited them so WE have OURSELVES to blame if WE do not like them or want them here.

Lastly, you don't have to like or dislike anyone over XBL but you do need to respect them and their position in the community.

XxSnowyxX

Forum Junkie
Jan 7, 2007
Canada
Some people like to step out of bounds, Captains and generals alike. As a General I show all Members respect Captains to recruits. And a general has to realized that he is not too good to play with the lower ranks.

The General in the first post had left XG for no good reason.

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
yeah...good point...i my self am a captain and i treat them all the same !

l_66f87aa567776999d6716aab3fb7c135.jpg