Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ISSUES WITH RESPECT EVERYONE L@@K

o SAINT o

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Waterville, ME.
OK in Blackout guys XGC Patriotism has left the clan. Why? Because at his General status, overload of a XGC clan, he didn't get respect. Don't worry, it wasn't because of the guys from Blackout, it was because of a lower-ranked person (name need not be mentioned) from another XGC clan. Now I want you all to look at why XG was founded. It was made to be a Respectful and Fair clan.

Now yes in order to go up in ranks, you have to know your stuff and work hard, be active in the clan. But once you have outranked someone, the level of respect from a lower-ranked XG member should be somewhat noticable.

Now in Patriotisms case, he was a GENERAL, and he was arguing with a captain. The argument eventually turned into the captain calling Patriotism a liar. Now yes the argument itself was stupid and pointless, but the fact of the matter is, it shouldn't have happened at all because Patriotism out-ranked the captain. The captain had the right to contest Patriotism initial stand on the situation, but in the end the captain should have accepted Patriotisms decision as a leader in one of XGC's clans. Because he got to that position, as do most, by being able to make important and fair decisions.

So I want you all to look at this situation as an example. So it for what it really is. Look at it, learn from it, and if we all work together.....eventually fix it. Now there will more then likely never be a day where every XGC member is completly respectful. But as Generals, we should constantly be influencing and teaching the clan members that RESPECT is one of the main values of XG. As Captains, you should be leading by example and also be showing the new recruits, privates, etc, the ways of XG. And finally as LT's (captains in training), Sergeants, Privates and Recruits, you should always be following the rules of the honor code and reminding each other about what XG is all about, Respect and Fair gamplay.

Thanks,

Wade

XGC 3xceS

Forum Veteran
Dec 19, 2006
North Carolina
i think this is an important issue but in almost every situation of disrespect after sitting in a seperate room talking with the guyz everything jells nicely

the main thing is to be calm and not rash handing out threats of removing them from XGC

after talking with them and then if there attitude hasnt changed then i would confront their general or a SL on the matter....

but i often find comming out harsh on the other members and immediate implications that they will be kicked out of XGC usually gets negative responses.....

but thanks saint for pointing this out and i hope all generals will be more aware of this.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Saint, your post made me laugh inside.

If your friend Patriotism left because some Captain was standing up to him then Patriotism should not have been a General. Just because you are a General does not mean you are always right. You may have the loudest voice or the most responsibilities, but you are no better than a Private in your clan.

I hate seeing Generals get all high on themselves because they think they are the law. The members holding rank below you are not there to work for you. You are there to work for them.

Nuff said.

XGC xCORVETTEx

Forum Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Califonia baby!!!!
Zealot's right on this one.Patriotism needed to tough up.So what if he gets in an argument with a captain?That happens to me once in a while.It probably happens to all Generals once in a while.Zealot's also right about Generals position.I had to learn this the hard way.Generals are ment to work with eachother and with the rest of the clan.Now I notice that the captain was from a different clan then the General.We all must remember that all XGC clans must work together.I just had an in-clan tournament.Most were from Animosity,but we had a couple from a different XGC clan.Well the outsiders won.My guys were little woosies and started complaining.They said that we shold have only had Animosity members.I had to remind them that we are all of XGC.Its just like the U.S. We might be in different cities or states,but we all are of the same country.We all need to work together or else we fall apart.We all have to respect each other,no matter who they are,listen with each other,and work with each other to fix the problem at hand.Not run away because our pride got hurt.Thats what XGC is about.Teamwork.And of course,having fun.

XGC BAD COMPANY

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Canadia
Gotta agree with both sides here to some extent. Without knowing the details of the argument, its hard to understand, but I don't see why a General from Blackout would leave because of an argument with a captain from another clan. As far as I can tell, you don't really have to associate or get along with EVERYONE in XG. If this other captain was really bothering him, he probably should have just removed him from his friends list, and maybe spoke to the general over the captains clan about his attitude. Toughen up a bit, we're not children.

On the other hand, Captains do need to realise that just because a general isn't the overlord in your particular clan doesn't mean that he doesn't outrank you.

Why can't we all just get along?

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I hear that brotha. You also made a very good point. There are hundreds of leaders in XGC. We are not always going to get along. Of course we do the best we can but there are going to be times when things don't go so smoothly.

Hell I've been in disagreements with Division Leaders. But at the end of it all, we agreed to disagree.

Everyone just needs to relax and be cool.

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
I don't see why this guy left after making it all of the way to general status over an argument, to a certain extent I agree with Saint the Captian should've accepted the generals decision. But if this guy made it to a general without being able to sort through differnet opinions and have a discussion about it when he was a captian then maybe whoever promoted him should've put a little more thought into it. But then agian maybe some people just don't deal good with conflict either way it goes a general should be able to deal with this situation and walk away from it feeling like what he did is best for XGC as a whole, and if it was him leaving then sorry he had to leave.

xgcgeeksquad

Forum Member
Dec 9, 2006
Chicago, Il
sometimes you need to control the situation. without controling it you are not a true leader. and personally I though that general should sticked up for him self and defend himself. But things happen.

XGC SUPER FAT

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2006
In a Van Down by the River
I don't see why this guy left after making it all of the way to general status over an argument, to a certain extent I agree with Saint the Captian should've accepted the generals decision. But if this guy made it to a general without being able to sort through differnet opinions and have a discussion about it when he was a captian then maybe whoever promoted him should've put a little more thought into it. But then agian maybe some people just don't deal good with conflict either way it goes a general should be able to deal with this situation and walk away from it feeling like what he did is best for XGC as a whole, and if it was him leaving then sorry he had to leave.

Unfortunately there are people who have obtained leadership roles that can't handle a little conflict. That's a shame he left. There is nothing wrong with having an argument as long as it is in a respectful manner. This may or may not have. I don't know I am just rambling.

Hold me closer Tiny Dangler (from Elton Johns greatest hits)

Super Out

zonker8u

Forum Noob
Dec 10, 2006
Arguments should be expected. Leaders will argue. The fact that they were aruing is a good thing. People can't be push-overs. Now.....The General leaving......I would have to say that more was involved than just one argument with someone, but I don't know.