Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

INDIVIDUAL CLAN REPRESENTATION

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
So I know we're all one under the same gaming community but we're all different clans whether it's under XGC, Syn, XDC, KOG we're all different in a way yet the same and I was wondering since i'm in XGC Devastation we could have something that represents us. An emblem I guess you could say like on elite but something truly capturing our clan and others and making them into avatars so you can represent what clan you're in because I see the avatars with the states and all which is cool and we have the banners on the side bar but no one is really looking at that. And we can take whatever design we use for the avatar and make them into shirts to really represent XG and our clan at the same time with our names on it. I guess where i'm getting at is just a tad bit of individualism at least with the clans. I love wearing my XG shirt but I'd love it even more if I could represent the clan i'm in as well which at this moment is Devastation, and maybe even on the shirts we can use the military rank stickers on the shirt sleeves which could make the person pay extra to put on so Ex. the shirt I would have would say on the front the clan "emblem" with the clan name either on the top or the bottom then on the back at the top of shirt it would have my gamertag XGC SybaShredda then the Xiled Gaming X under it or you can reverse it and put the Xiled gaming X oon the front and the clan "emblem" on the back with the clan name at the bottom and the gamertag at the top. Now this could be otional for whoever wants it, they could put their rank whether it's private, sergeant, or whatever on the right sleeve and maybe their squad name on the left sleeve. I dont know you guys could figure it out but I think it would be pretty slick to have to just be able to represent the clan within XG.

Reactions: KoG Turok

KoG 33RD

XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
May 15, 2012
Ohio
I like the idea Shredda, even if only one thing is brought about by this thread it would be a great addition to xiled.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
We used to do something similar for Empire, a few of us got together on photoshop and just made generic Empire avatars that anyone in the clan could use. Since we have oh, hundreds of clans within XG, it would probably be a labor intensive job for the XDC folks to make some for every clan, but I'm sure there are a few peeps that could help get some setup for Devastation's members.

Nice clan name btw? I had SYN Devastation for the PS3 side a few years back

LucianDarkBlade

Forum Member
Jun 17, 2013
PA
I see a rather big problem with this. As all you know a lot of clans/squads do split or change frequently. Not to mention the rank's change for people all the time. For ex. srgt. A gets promoted to Lt. A, but their shirt has the srgt. stripes on it and they needs the Lt. bars but doesn't have the money to get the shirt, or even better they change clans. Trust me I'm all for reping my clan but there are to many issues since we have so many clans. Sincerely, Prvt. LucianDarkBlade of SYN Brutality

XGC Layzie

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2012
Juggalo Island, USA
This is a great idea shredda.

However the labor work someone mentioned above. You have to think about it. There is roughly 94 clans within Xgc alone. The design team does more then that in just signatures a month. It really wouldnt be that much work. I say this cuz avatars will be forever until they need updating. Unlike all those people who cant or wont make their own signatures put in more requests and more often since they tend to get bored very quickly and want to put in a new request for a signature every other day.

XGC R4B1D S0UL

Forum Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Findlay, Ohio, United States
The shirts are cool but why make the design team do all the work for each individual squad? I going forward with this you could always just ask each individual squad if they would like to do it how much it would cost etc. Then before doing the work at all take orders so at least youll know working on the shirts you've already got them flying out the door before you finish them. Even if someone moves rank the shirt is still relevant to the time they got it. Its a constant reminder of where they been and where they are going.

IXssl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 15, 2012
Yorktown, VA
Ok in the above post I never mentioned anything about the Design team doing this, so where is the design team doing this coming from? Granted I am now apart of the design team but I never expected to put all the work on the design team it was just an idea. If someone in your clan wants to make a design they are more than welcome to do that it was just a general idea not for design but for the community itself to embark on as far as creating these designs. So again i'm not putting the work on the Design Team AT ALL this was just a random idea I thought of early on when I first joined the community.

TheRealMrNUGGET

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jun 4, 2014
New England, US
speaking at a merchandise lvl this would be very difficult and we would run into the same issue as shirts. when ordering them we would have to order bulk, and that could take time to get enough people to buy for one order. as for sigs it is do able, and generals could definantly come to the graphics team to request them.