Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IDEA. VERY IMPORTANT MAY HOLD FUTURE OG XGC

XGC EMERY

Forum Veteran
Aug 1, 2007
ok so i was lookin at the new update on xbox live. so im sure you know. they made it so that you can see your friends friends. what i think my clan, illusion, is doing is making a gamertag and adding friends to it. it is just like halo2 but it would be on xbox360 dashboard. i think it is a very good idea. i didn't know if anyone has suggestedit yet. but i wanted to let you know. thanks for readin

later
emery(captain xgc illusion)

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
Yes, that has been brought up and discussed. We determined it was not a good idea based on multiple factors.

RGC KX5

Forum Nub
Oct 29, 2007
Yes i would be curious on what the council said about it also. I think its a good thing but i might be wrong.

Thanks

KoG KX5

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
The possiblity exist that if someone creates a tag for that purpose he/she would lose focus on the usergroups. I know you said that it does't replace the squad list but it will happen. Then if that person decided to leave there would be no way to transfer that tag. Also, only that person can only accept friend request. If that person went on vacation for a month, then there would be noe one to accept the friend request. Look back at Halo 2 when there was Generals and Captains that was no around and it was frustrating to get clan invites sent to your new recruits. So to keep everything organized it is best to keep focused on the usergroups.

RGC KX5

Forum Nub
Oct 29, 2007
Oh i see that makes sense. i didn't think of that lol. I guess thats what you guys are for huh :). Thanks for the reply I know your a very busy individual

Oct 20, 2007
I disagree with that. You can use Silver Accounts just fine and there is unlimited amount of them. I've done this myself and it's worked out very nicely.

If the person who has the tag cannot get on to accept friend requests, just send the new recruit to another "clan tag" it's not hard

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
Then that defeats the purpose to send them to another clan tag. Bottom line the usergroups are the official listing of clan members.

XGC xOCMx XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 10, 2006
Michigan
www.kimbirlyvasi.com
I totally agree with some of the things Viper is saying and without question, the user group IS your clan list. The general and SL can mass pm them with important messages. On the other hand I know many SL and general's that are using the silver tag thing as a sort of clan/friends list, but obviously no overlord and stuff like that. they can quickly send messages about clan practice or the clan meeting time for tonight changed or stuff like that. Also, some members don't have a pc or have to use a friends pc to check their pm's but can only do it once or twice a week, this way they can look at the silver "clan tag" and get up to the minute messages, see who is on line right now that they can game with, etc. The people using it have found it very convenient, but they still insist that their members be active on the forums and in their user group. The silver tag should definitely not be intended to be a "clan" or encourage members to not get in their proper user group, it's just a way to quickly see who's on xbl right now in your clan and to have meetings and practices and stuff.

XGC DEFIANCE

Forum Star
Dec 31, 2006
New York
www.myspace.com
Also, the clan tag works well for clan members that are in the game ready to play being able to hit a few buttons and bang! all together now. Basically i think it works well in the physical game world and may benefit motivating members like new recruits in new games to get familiar with the website. It has its ups and downs but it may become a useful tool to those who dont abuse it.

XGC Nick

Forum Star
Feb 15, 2007
I heard alot of clans had been doing it as a custom clan list, so I made one for XGC Friction- it's worked well so far, I've been able to contact the whole clan from both the web site and online. And if I wasn't active to look after it, I'm sure it would be possible for Captains to do account recovery to add the tag to their own dashboard, wouldn't it?

But of course, I only consider it an extra tool, I won't send or accept any friend requests to people in Friction unless they are in the user group.

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
There are numerous members out there doing this. When it comes down to it the official Squad List is the squad list maintained in the Clan's Forum and the Usergroup (Both must be done). Anything beyond this doesn't count as a Squad List and will not be used for clan splits or promotions!