Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I DON'T KNOW WHO EXACTLY TO ASK THIS TO BUT THIS IS THE MOST ACTIVE COUNCIL FORUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC ReaXioN

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2006
East TN
One of my friends was kicked out of XGC. He was a level 37 in snipers and needed someone to bridge so he wouldn't get cheated. Wouldn't that be a legitimate reason to break the honor code?

XGC ReaXioN

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2006
East TN
I mean it's not just to keep a number, it's too not get cheated every game and actually play against people who have his skill. I mean, what's the point of playing the game if you completely own people 10 levels below you?

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Doesn't matter at all. And if a Counsel member replied to this, he will tell you the same. Just because the rest of the world cheats doesn't mean it is ok for us to.

XGC members hold themselves to a higher standard of gaming. If your friend can't do that, then XGC isn't the place for him.

KoG DeadMan

Forum Star
Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
The reason there is No form of bridging is because with host you have a little more special abilities because you can do everything a little faster than anyone else it just gives you a slight unfair advantage. We are about everything being fair if you always get that unfair advantage you are more likely to win every time just because of the extra abilities you have. With you not bridging for host the host is randomly picked and everyone has the same chance to have the little bit of help in that game not just one person over and over again.

XGC ReaXioN

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2006
East TN
But once your over level 35, your not going to get host unless you have someone bridging. Plus host doesn't affect the game as much as someone standbying or modding and that's probably whats going to happen at that level.

Plus, host has to go to someone even if they aren't bridging, and Bungie normally does a pretty crappy job of picking host, like giving it to me even though I redbar every other game.. >_>

KoG DeadMan

Forum Star
Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
Well its bungie choice who gets host and if you are so worried about getting moded or standbyed go for host boxes because if people are cheating they normal bridge for host so they can make sure they win it doesn't give them 100% chance of not getting cheated but you will more likely get legit games like that.

XGC ReaXioN

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2006
East TN
It's not me I'm worried about, I'm only a 27 so I hardly get cheated. It's my friend who got kicked out, who's a 37 in snipers, I'm worried about.

Either way, I give up. I just think that that's a pretty crappy reason to get kicked out...

KoG xDoMeDx

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2006
Missouri
ReaXion, It is possible to win games over a 35 without any cheating. especially in sniping. I have a 38 (was a 39) I just get host boxes(takes about ten mins) and then wait for people to join (10-120mins). So, however good your friend is, you can still go up in snipes legitamently

KoG DeadMan

Forum Star
Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
so people do it the legit way and it is wrong for people who just want 5min wait people wait for it so can other people

XGC KNIGHT XI

Council Leader
X-TEAM
Jan 1, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.xiledgaming.com
Anyone caught running a bridge, or any other manipulation of the game, are not welcome in the community, there are currently several back ground investigations being completed to review all gamers with high ranks in Halo, no matter what game type.

This part of the honor code should have been explained when your FR joined, he knew the rule, he knew the result if he broke it, so now he has to accept the removal from the community.

Next, it is almost 2007, both you and your FR have a 360, so why on GODs green earth, would you still be focusing on "rank" on a dead game, if you haven't noticed, bungie has even dropped several ranked and unranked game types, with more to removed soon ( as posted on bungie ).

The fact that your FR is still anal about a rank, that is only a reflection to many, as a MARK of SHAME and a tell tell sign that he/she is a cheater. True or not, doesn't matter, I have many pro player FR's and all most all of them make money $$$$$$$ playing ***LO, and not one of them have a rank over 35...so if pro players are not concerned with a rank over 35, why would an average gamer.

Its a bragging tool and shows the mentality of a gamer, who isn't really a true gamer, but only a nub who is pretending to be a real gamer, in fact he/she is making a bad name for all gamers, MOST OF ALL, Xiled Gaming Members.

XGC Pentagram

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Wisconsin
You know what, he was in my clan, and i really enjoyed playing with him, and i still booted him. Everyone who is in XGC has heard the honor code, and they know the consequenses of cheating, which is explicitly defined in the honor code. He was in a bridgeing party and he knew it, and if it was for modding standbying, or just getting host, it was still against the honor code, and i wasnt going to let him off easy just because he was a friend.

It wasnt a decision I enjoyed making, and I really wanted him to stay, but there are no legitimate reasons for breaking the honor code.

XGC Maggnus

Forum Nerd
Dec 11, 2006
Louisiana
It's not me I'm worried about, I'm only a 27 so I hardly get cheated. It's my friend who got kicked out, who's a 37 in snipers, I'm worried about.

Either way, I give up. I just think that that's a pretty crappy reason to get kicked out...

Doesn't matter the reason, forcing host to a member of your party or yourself is considered cheating. The game is supposed to pick the best host for the match, which works pretty decently most of the time. Forcing it to you even though you might not have the fastest connection or to someone else the game would not normally have picked may produce a game with horrible latency/lag. It's a game, and if you can't play it fairly, then don't play it, if someone cheats you, try to work through it or leave the game. The number next your name is only that, a number, it means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.