Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HOW MANY MEMBERS DO WE HAVE?

Saltrix

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
Springfield, OH
well i did some figuring of my own. I count 186 user groups. now given that some of those user groups don't count; IE: cod4 elites, xg elites, xg design team, news team..... and i'm sure a couple of those clans are dead too.

so we will say 176 user groups(clans).

now if you assume that every clan has an average of 50 members, which personally i think is a bit high. but i am trying to give the benefit of the doubt here. we are suggested to split around 40 anyway, so i think 50 is more than fair.

176*50 = 8,800

that is a bit lower than any number i have heard anyone use in a long time.

S

SYN KoNfLicT

We should just go by 20,000. It gives everyone who asks a rough estimate. Honestly, that's good enough. And it would take to long to delete all the website accounts of banned members.

Saltrix

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
Springfield, OH
i'm not sayin go to all that trouble, all i'm saying is use a legit number. I mean when you try and get someone to join the community, do you say "you can join SYN, KoG, XGC.... or you could just go join the website and never actually participate or communicate with any of us." no, lol. you dont because that is just absurd.

I don't know if i would go as far as to say that this is a lie; perhaps a bending of numbers... but when ppl tell new recruits these high numbers i believe it is misleading them. That is not the impression i want to give ppl of a community that i am proud of.

Chandler

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2006
High as a satellite!
www.xiledgaming.com
Because you're not understanding the point. Any person that registers on the website is a part of Xiled Gaming. They may not be in one of our gaming clans, but they are a part of our community; therefore, the website's member count IS an accurate number.

Saltrix

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
Springfield, OH
i understand your point, i just disagree. i don't think they should count. at the very least use the active members number and not the full members list, full of abandoned and dual accounts.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
lol, see. a 20,000 member difference... what is that about? those ppl don't count

What exactly is your point and purpose of worrying about what number it is anyway?

As you were told we use the number on the site.

It does not include banned members and so forth.
There are two different numbers on the site as well, registered users and active users.

Now, to complicate this for you even further, what about the people that join our community and never register on the site?

Yes, we have a boat load of people that actually do that.

Last I heard in a couple Guilds on WoW there were a thousand or more people all associated with XG. Those people don't get on the site at all. PC gamers in other games, tend not to get on the site.

There is no full proof way to know just how many people there are in our community. I can tell you this, we are the biggest and the best there is and the next closes CLAN or bad attempt at a rip off of XG isn't even half our size.

Go play games and have fun and stop worrying about numbers. In the end, we could care less about how many people we have. We just assume have 20 good people that didn't cause trouble every other day.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
i'm not sayin go to all that trouble, all i'm saying is use a legit number. I mean when you try and get someone to join the community, do you say "you can join SYN, KoG, XGC.... or you could just go join the website and never actually participate or communicate with any of us." no, lol. you dont because that is just absurd.

I don't know if i would go as far as to say that this is a lie; perhaps a bending of numbers... but when ppl tell new recruits these high numbers i believe it is misleading them. That is not the impression i want to give ppl of a community that i am proud of.

Actually your wrong.

When recruiting new members you should in fact just recruit good people that believe in the same morals in online gaming as you do. Recruit into the community and then find them a home that suits them the best.

So many times XGC people play games with someone for 2 hours and then ask that famous question, how are old you? When they find out they are 15 they get all out of shape and cry to themselves then dump that guy off on the next door step. That is absurd.

Or, how many times do people get recruited into XGC and 3 days later curse some out in a game only to get banned?

When all someone had to do is talk to that person about our COMMUNITY which has multiple clan divisions in it for all types of gamers.

XGC is the more mature of suppose to be the more mature gamer

KOG is the family/recreational clan for all ages

SYN is the underground/hardcore gamer that tends to be a little more edgy and in your face. This doesn't mean they are trash talking douche bags as many refer to them.

XGG is an all girl clan.

As I said, recruit a good person/gamer first. Then find them the proper place to call home within our community. When it is done this way we have less drama, less people that quit and a much better community.

Saltrix

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 12, 2007
Springfield, OH
What exactly is your point and purpose of worrying about what number it is anyway?

Go play games and have fun and stop worrying about numbers. In the end, we could care less about how many people we have. We just assume have 20 good people that didn't cause trouble every other day.

ohhhh, hylander it just wouldn't be the same without you. :)

point: mostly just to bring it to some other peoples attention and get their input.

purpose: improvement. i beleive with a healthy exchange of ideas almost anything can be improved upon. Although i do realize this is a somewhat trivial matter when it comes down to things. which is exactly why its been kept to a friendly discussion on the forums.

thankyou for your input though!

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
ohhhh, hylander it just wouldn't be the same without you. :)

point: mostly just to bring it to some other peoples attention and get their input.

purpose: improvement. i beleive with a healthy exchange of ideas almost anything can be improved upon. Although i do realize this is a somewhat trivial matter when it comes down to things. which is exactly why its been kept to a friendly discussion on the forums.

thankyou for your input though!

Improvement? LOL!!

While we appreciate your view that we are needing to improve how we do things, I believe others and myself pointed out that things were not broken so they didn't need fixing or improving when it comes to this topic.

Thanks for your opinion and input though.

KoG Openfire

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 17, 2007
Ohio
Actually your wrong.

When recruiting new members you should in fact just recruit good people that believe in the same morals in online gaming as you do. Recruit into the community and then find them a home that suits them the best.

So many times XGC people play games with someone for 2 hours and then ask that famous question, how are old you? When they find out they are 15 they get all out of shape and cry to themselves then dump that guy off on the next door step. That is absurd.

Or, how many times do people get recruited into XGC and 3 days later curse some out in a game only to get banned?

When all someone had to do is talk to that person about our COMMUNITY which has multiple clan divisions in it for all types of gamers.

XGC is the more mature of suppose to be the more mature gamer

KOG is the family/recreational clan for all ages

SYN is the underground/hardcore gamer that tends to be a little more edgy and in your face. This doesn't mean they are trash talking douche bags as many refer to them.

XGG is an all girl clan.

As I said, recruit a good person/gamer first. Then find them the proper place to call home within our community. When it is done this way we have less drama, less people that quit and a much better community.

not to be a **** or anything, but i kinda disagree with the thought that XGC is the more "mature" division. if you mean as far as voice goes, then i would agree considering the 18 and older rule, but as far as behavior goes you cant generalize the other divisions into being less mature. Mental and Emotional maturity is not dependent strictly on age. My clan for example is mostly 15 and under, but i would say that we are just as mature, if not more, than some clans in XGC are.

i know that this isn't exactly the place to be discussing this but when i see the words more mature next to XGC i kinda feel like i'm being generalized as less mature than others. haha :p

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
Unfortunately maturity is a term that goes hand in hand with age. The average age is higher in XGC then KoG which makes XGC "in general" the more mature division.

It's not a phrase used to belittle KoG or generalize it's members as immature

XD V Dub XD

Forum Member
Mar 27, 2008
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
well heres the thing, as jangles was saying age and maturity SHOULD go hand in hand. Not saying that it always does but it SHOULD. What they mean by XGC being the "mature" division is that by 18, you SHOULD be able to follow rules and still have a great time with friends. Now this isnt always the case. Nothing against XGC, i love you guys. but i have met some members who's maturity level just isnt up ti par with their age. ive been in KoG, lovely group of people they have there. Ive met tons of "mature" people there, but it is the family division which does include 6 year olds and such. now do you honestly think by age 6 someone could understand and follow the infrastucture of this clan? most people would say no. but i have met quite a few young'ens who actually act as if they were as mature as a 15-16 year old. Now i have no right to be calling anyone a young'en. im only 13 but people have told me that if they didnt no any better i could pass for a 16 year old. not just with my voice but with my maturity level also. Now when the guy who said XGC is the mature division im sure he didnt want this kind of arguement. but just to clear things up, Every division has the capability to be mature. But XGC is the SPECIFIC division for the 18 or older "mature " gamers. thats the way its set up. go with it lol. :) As for the number count, i couldnt even fathom a guess. but honestly i couldnt care less. Not saying i dont care about the clan. but this clan is amazing, no matter how many people are in it. if XG only had 100 people, it would deff be the most amazing group of 100 people on XBL. I honestly dont care if we have 300 people or 30,000 people. No matter the number this is still an awesome clan that im proud to be apart of.