Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HOLDING A CLAN TOGETHER

phyagod

Forum Nub
Jun 20, 2008
Here recently I along with many other members of XGC Epitaph feel as though some of our brothers have been wrongfully released from XG... Below is a message that I have received from Evil Absurd, formally known as XGC AbsurdXD .... May all XG be dealt with fairly honorably and just...
Please read the following message sent to me by Absurd

Now that the powers that be have removed me from Xiledgaming.com, I wish to have my voice herd. I'm not putting this out there to point fingers, or lay blame on anyone.
I only wish to express my opinion, at that's all it is my "opinion". There has been many accusations and malicious messages spammed over Xbox live. All of which I was never told exactly what I was being accused of, or the people responsible for bringing this out. I still stand by my members and my position as their leader. "Not one of my members or myself violated any section of the honor code set forth by the governing body of XG".
As far as me being a leader, I've held every member of XGC Epitaph to a higher standard then the rest of Xiledgaming. Each and every member can say that without fail, I have always made XGC Epitaph out to be the shinning light in the community the one clan that stands out above the rest.
Let me take a minute and tell you about the members of XGC Epitaph. When I first started in XG I worked my way up through the ranks, just like everyone else, and the day came when I was able to start my own clan, in comes XGC Epitaph. Now when I first started the clan and had some recruits, online we took alot of trash talk and abuse from other gamers some that used to be in the community and others that had no idea what we where all about. As the months rolled on and countless matches where played we noticed a change. Other clans and gamers stopped trash tallking us and XG as a whole, we had earned their respect as fellow gamers belonging to XG. That's right and more games we played and people we encounted where impressed by our attitude when we lost, and our respect for them when they lost, after all its drummed into our heads evey week "It's just a game." The members of Epitaph are not just a clan of gamers we are family. Some of the members have traveled across the United States to meet the face on the other side of the tag, alot of us talk to each other every day whether they are on a roofing job in florida, or working in a grocery store in Texas, we are all human beings and believe it or not "we have feelings". Our wifes talk to each other on facebook, and when of our family is having a bad day or just needs someone to talk to no matter what the time it is someone from the Epitaph family is there to listen, and help in any way they can if it's possible. We have a strong bond together, but most importantly they respect me and my position as their leader. Now we have roughly 45,000 people in Xiledgaming, that's 45,000 different personallity's and faces to go with them, with that being said Not one person in the community can say they have treated everyone the same day in and day out, we are all human, and are all effected in one way or the other from the outside world. I don't agree with the constant regiment of recruiting, we should at least try and get the 45,000 people we already have on the same page. I also feel the honor code should be looked at more closley, to close the existing loop holes within the current structure. As an example months ago I was poking fun at a fellow member of my clan for getting achievements on an easier skill then the one I did it on. To make a long story short, that member was upset with me and had every right to be. Not once did that member run up the leadership chain and cry about our conversation. A month or two went by and that memeber and myself talked, I immediatly apoligized for what I said and we both moved on, now our releationship is better then it was before our conversation. That member acted like a responsible adult, forgave me and on we went, with a stronger bond then we had before.
Now back up almost a year ago,I was approached and told a fellow member of my clan had a video on u-tube. Council talked to me about this and they asked in the future that no-one is to put a video showing a game glitch. At that time that member was new to the clan, he also understood when I talked to him about it. Let it be said there hasn't been any video's from anyone in Epitaph, but that one. Now those that saw it he never showed how to get out of the map the video just shows him and his xg tag for the world to see that it could be done. That was solved almost a year ago and now it's being brought up again "Why?" It was laid out that cheating is defined as any manipulation of game to achieve an unfair atvantage. Now that rule shouldn't apply in a private match, after all there are no stats in a private match. One more thing the person that made the video wasn't a member of XG, but there was a member of XG in the room at the time of the video, that is all I have to say about that, cause that isn't the real issue at hand. Now in the past I've seen members of clans bad mouth others in their clan, transfer to another xg clan and then be promoted. All of which if you sit and think about it that member wasn't getting the promotion he wanted when he wanted, then it begins, I'm not going to go into detail we have all seen this happen before, but the point is it happens. I could be specific and thro names around but, I feel that will not help solve the problem but add to it. Now onto the most important part of this. I recieved a spam message from one of my fellow members, now mind you I would have never seen this message if it wasn't sent to me. "XGC Absurd XS also known as Evil Absurd has been removed from XGC due to Racisim". Wow, now that's some serious stuff. This slanderous message has effected my Family life, my job, and my overall attitude. I live in a small community in Texas where the word Racisim is never spoke or herd of and others are willing to help out there fellow man. What was the most painfull was my eight year old Daughter that one day has asperations of becoming XGC asking me what was ment by the message, more importantly the word Racisim. Put yourself in my shoes how would you like to explain that to your children that look up to you and respect you. Not an easy one is it? Now if someone in the community I live was to hear this it could cause serious problems for me and my family.
As far as the gamer tag change before I was even talked to by members of leadership I was already labeled as the Enemy, without even knowing what the issue was in the first place. So the gamer tag was a statement nothing more then that. I never walked away from the community or resigned. If I was to leave on my own volition I would have explained why. Now in the past I've seen others maliciously attack others in the community some because that's what they like to do others for personal gain. That has never been the case with Epitaph, and why you ask? The members of Epitaph respect me, and I respect them. Please understand what I'm saying some of the guy's in my crew have been playing together for years before we even knew of XG. Now if the members of Epitaph believed for a minute what I was being accused of they would have already walked off, and my cell would have gone crazy. Instead regarless of the outcome they are behind me.
That in itself should send you a message. Four members of another clan had a problem and where going to leave xg, upon hearing this I got in touch with those guys and see if we can find them a clan they could function in. Now before I finish Epitaph members have been individually picked we are not a clan that wishes to split or have enormous amounts of members why? This is one of the reasons, and for the last two years that Epitaph has been around this is the first time we have been in the negative spotlight. What happened to "XGC's open Door policy". It door revolves for some for others it's open but for some reason it's closed for "Epitaph." Now for the last year and a half every Sunday I'm in the same leaders meeting, mind you this person has had dealings with me over xg stuff, and when I've has a question he was the first person who I went to for advise. Shame on you for not speaking up for me when you know this whole thing is "Absurd" I can understand if the leader doens't want to risk his position by going to bat for another member who has gone up in rank with over the last three years. I could throw your name around, but I'm sure you got my point.

As far as other leaders wanting to hear my story, this has been going on for two weeks now and it's so convoluted, and twisted the point has been lost.
Now if the governing body of XGC wishes to move on and bring me back the only stiputation is this "each and every member of epitaph is to be reinstated to thier rank and position before this mess got started." I also feel no rule in the honor code was broken, but I was removed from the website Immediatly. I never broke the honor code or violated any rule on the site. As a paying member this wasn't right, but was done to stiffle what I wished to say." My clan deserves an apology."
As far as the 4 transfers they will not be welcome in my clan, if they are to remain XG then, I wish them good luck in whatever clan they end up in. One last note I went to a leader when the affore mentioned transfers came to Epitaph and expressed my concern that they could be a problem, and that's as far as that went.
I'm now finished no matter what happens from here I wish to move on wether in XG, or as their competition. In the long run I feel this was a personal attack on myself and my fellow clan members, now the ball is in your court XG. I hope you will realize this was a mistake, and I'm willing to forgive and forget the entire thing. Now hopefully the next time no-one else will recieve a message like I have, because in a court of law that simple text message was slanderous, and not to mention the new laws that where passed on cyberbullying, I have every right to persue this in a court of law. This isn't what i wish to do, in the future if a member is banned you might want to be a little more carefull of what you send out as to why a member was banned. I also realize slander isn't the easiest thing to prove but, a text or type written message that I have a copy of is. Contact a lawyer if you think this to be untrue. Thank You for your time and I hope the Community makes the decision thats right. Sincerly, Robert G Breen Jr

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i can't tell you who is right and who is wrong, but here is what i can tell you...

1. i wasn't involved with any decision made in regards to absurd

2. There are always two sides of ever story, and i'm sure that whoever made a decision got both sides of the story. I refuse to offer my opinion or take a side, based on only one side of the story

3. He said that "It door revolves for some for others it's open but for some reason it's closed for "Epitaph." but i never once received a message from absurd or anyone from epitaph wanting to talk. we have an open door policy for all, and i know that if anyone would have come to me, i would have helped to the best of my knowledge. And i'm surrounded by other leaders in XG that would do the same.

4. yes technically you can pursue legal action, but technically so can I. I'm not saying that I'm going to, I have no interest in it, but one can pursue legal action for just about anything. But you coming to my forum, and grouping me with this person (whoever it is) that made a decision and/or accused you of being a racist is both harassment and libel.

5. there really wasn't any questions for me in this, but just to reiterate, i'm here if you have questions, feel free to ask away... i'm sure that there will be more discussions about this topic in meetings and such, so i'm not going to comment...

Reactions: SYN BLACK XS