Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

H2 CLAN MERGING?

XGC DETH

Forum Nub
Aug 23, 2007
washington
i think for the xgc members still playing halo2. we should move some of them around from the clans with only few members on h2 and get some good solid numbered h2 clans up and running again.

alot of xgc clan members that i am friends with tell me there are only maybe 5-15 in some clans left on halo2. and with the delay in matching now recruiting is rough. this is just an idea.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
This issue has been talked about for months and your General and Section Leaders can address it.

Many have actually transfered people around to help those that are still on H2 only be together but, keep in mind, the CLAN is universal not a H2 clan. So, it reality it doesn't matter what game people are playing, they can be in the same CLAN as far as XG is concerned.

The H2 clan list is just an in game tool used for grouping people together that play that game it isn't the place we have our CLANS. That is what our website is far.

XGC Chocobo

Forum Veteran
Dec 1, 2006
Michigan
xgcchocobo.tumblr.com
Begging your pardon, Hylander sir, but I don't see the point of keeping members in a clan if they're not playing the same game as the majority of people in that clan.
How are leaders in Halo 2 supposed to enforce rules or solve problems their members have had in Halo 3 if they don't have the game?
Last time I looked, the "clans" were NOT universal. We have seperate squads for the different games out there -- Halo 2 and Halo 3 should likewise have their seperate squads and leadership.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
ANATOMY OF AN ONLINE GAMING COMMUNITY

Anatomy of an Online Gaming Community

First I will apologize that you and many others have not gotten the proper information about some of the changes made over the last month. I intend to address that with our Section Leaders come tomorrows meeting.

Here is the answer to your concern,
We run our community from this website not H2, H3 or any other game.
Our clans are formed by way of the usergroups on the website not an in game list.

Yes, we built our community primarily with H2. We abused it's greatness of a socializing place on XBL. But, since day one we have been an ONLINE GAMING COMMUNITY not an H2 clan. People confuse the two over and over.

Like all things, we have EVOLVED. With that changes must be made to insure we continue our growth as the best Online Gaming Community out there. I say best not the biggest. Numbers will take care of themselves as more people get online to game and see the true glory of what XG has to offer them for their gaming experience.

Now, Chocobo, you not only play but run a clan/group in WoW , right?
So, should you not be in an H2 clan at all if you are playing that Game?
You are splitting up your time to be with two different groups of people and if you are doing things right, you are not running two real CLANS in both games.

How about those that are playing GEARS of war 80% of their time online but still like to play H2? What Clan should they be in? GEARS or H2?

Gears had at one time like 5 or 6 clans setup on the forums. Not sure if they have gotten to deleting them yet but in those clans we had 3 and 4 generals, 2 and 3 captains and a few other members sprinkled in. All of which were already XG members in an H2 clan. None of which did anything in the GEARS clan but get online and play together once in awhile. These same people would get online and play Guitar Hero, FEAR Crackdown, UNO and many other games. They are themselves a CLAN of gamers gaming together regardless what game they are playing at that very moment. They are XGC, KoG, SYN, XGG no matter what game they get together and play in.

They have ONE GENERAL and ONE SECTION LEADER who's responsibility it is to communicate with them on the FORUMS.

As a General if you want to do nothing but run a CLAN in H2 , go for it. Nobody said you can't. A Section Leader can also run up to 4 clans in H2 if they so choose to. However, if the General and Section Leader are playing H3 and still have members playing in H2 they must either have those the leaders (Generals and Captains) on their friends list for quick simple communication. For daily normal communication they all must be logging onto the FORUMS. It has been said for over a year, the Forums are the primary from of communication for our community. Why would now be any different?

Seems to many people have been lazy and relied on H2 to help them run their clans. Well, there are huge online communities out there in the PC gaming world that have no H2 clan list. They have been around long before H2 and will continue on long after. H2 was a crouch that we all used to help us. Without many of the people that think they can run CLANS can not. Lots of those are the ones complaining because they now have to actually do something rather then let things try and run on their own. Either they are to lazy or don't want to do it. However, they all wanted that promotion.

If everyone would stop sending important messages on H2 and start sending PM's on the website for important issues everyone would be able to communicate much better. I have recently sent messages on H2 and the 360 saying that ALL Leaders must continue to communicate with their members on H2 and the 360. I also sent a message letting all members know they could use xbox.com to send and receive text messages which show up on the 360 dashboard. Those are but tools that can be used but as mentioned, the FORUMS are the first place to communicate and it is much easier to use this ONE place then trying to juggle those 2 or 3.

As for moving people around, I told the Section Leaders over a month ago they could do that if they felt it would be easier for them to manage their members. Some did it, some did not.

If you or any other General has an issue about how the clans are being handled or the lack of communication or whatever, your first person to go to is your Section Leader. If they are not getting the job done and you can not communicate with them, then you need to bring it to a Division Leader.

I am on this website daily so a simple PM to me will get your question or comment seen fairly quick. It may not get addressed that day as sometimes other information is needed or other input is needed from other leaders. This is why we have Sunday Meetings. We deal with issues for 4 to 6 hours on Sunday for the entire Community.

No issue can't wait till then. And I mean no issue.

So many people spend over 50% of their time complaining or crying about something that is so minor. Does anyone not realize you pay to get on XBL?

You pay to play not cause or be part of DRAMA. If more people just signed on to PLAY first we would all be better off.

Because of that, the responsibilities for each rank changed to make it easier for people. We took parts of each rank and moved it up to the next rank. Instead of having a General trying to run multiple clans which most could not, they only need to worry about one clan. Section Leaders use to try and juggle 5 to 8 clans and handle issues in their division. Now they just run 4 clans. Look back and think about having 2 and 3 Generals in one clan. Think how hard it was to find out who was responsible for anything or how most of the time the DRAMA was between those Generals. All trying to throw their Power around and all not having a clue what to really do.

I am not speaking about all Generals or all members. So no one get getting all combative with a reply. If you have specific concerns about anything you should be communicating with your immediate Leaders about them. If that does not work, there is an open door to all other leaders. PM me or them on the website but make sure you have your facts and have tried communicating with Generals and Section Leaders first.

Our Council has put out the law for all of us. Accountability.

If someone isn't getting things done and being part of the solution for making us a great community, we will get someone new to do so. Sorry if that hurts anyones feelings but we are not paying to get on XBL to deal with DRAMA, again, we pay to PLAY. That means networking with some cool people and having FUN Gaming.

That can start with more people meeting their own responsibilities rather then worrying about everyone else's business or trying to fight the rules of the community as they have been put down from the Council.

XG isn't perfect so for sure we want ideas, suggestions and comments but when that turns to just whining drama it takes away from the FUN of getting online and shooting people in the head!

Play Games , Have Fun.

XGC Chocobo

Forum Veteran
Dec 1, 2006
Michigan
xgcchocobo.tumblr.com
First off, sir, it's not that I don't know what my section leader plans to do with my clan or that I think there are generals out there who don't. I posted here because I thought it was important to get some answers out on the forums where single members of their clans who haven't seen the rest of the members in their clan since Halo 3 came out can find some answers.

Now, what you said below does confuse me.

Now, Chocobo, you not only play but run a clan/group in WoW , right?
So, should you not be in an H2 clan at all if you are playing that Game?
You are splitting up your time to be with two different groups of people and if you are doing things right, you are not running two real CLANS in both games.

How about those that are playing GEARS of war 80% of their time online but still like to play H2? What Clan should they be in? GEARS or H2?

Gears had at one time like 5 or 6 clans setup on the forums. Not sure if they have gotten to deleting them yet but in those clans we had 3 and 4 generals, 2 and 3 captains and a few other members sprinkled in. All of which were already XG members in an H2 clan. None of which did anything in the GEARS clan but get online and play together once in awhile. These same people would get online and play Guitar Hero, FEAR Crackdown, UNO and many other games. They are themselves a CLAN of gamers gaming together regardless what game they are playing at that very moment. They are XGC, KoG, SYN, XGG no matter what game they get together and play in.

They have ONE GENERAL and ONE SECTION LEADER who's responsibility it is to communicate with them on the FORUMS.

Is what you're saying that there is a Halo 2 clan out there that is also involved in playing Gears, Guitar Hero, FEAR, Crackdown, UNO and other games together? If that be the case, that's GREAT! I don't see any reason why clans that consist of members who have a 360 couldn't be organized as ONE clan that played multiple games together.

However, there are many members who have a 360 that do not play multiple games online. They played exclusively Halo 2 online and now they play exclusively Halo 3. What concerns me is that in clans like that, there are members who do not have a 360, and their online experience is limited to Halo 2, the black box version of Battlefield 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and some few other games I might be missing. MOST black box players limit their online experience to Halo 2.

I realize that XGC is NOT exclusively Halo 2, but the game still exists, and there are still members of XGC that exclusively play this game. You said in your post that these members should direct questions to their general or section leader, but their generals and section leaders have not been around to ask since Halo 3 came out. Now if the majority of generals out there checked the forums every day, this wouldn't be a problem, but the fact is that some, if not the majority of generals, do NOT check the forums for weeks at a time much less everyday for questions like these their members might have. SO, their members post questions HERE. YES, that skips quite a few ranks, but there are obviously some members out there that feel they have no where else to go.

If nothing else, in a forum-centered community, perhaps the generals need to be assigned to make a weekly post in their own forums with any community news so that they're at least ON the forums once a week and their members know they can be reached that way. I realize that's just one more thing a week the section leaders would have to do in checking to make sure that post was made, but now that squad lists are only posted tiwce a month and many generals delegate that responsibility to someone else in the clan anyway, something has to be done to make sure the generals are themselves active in their own forums.

I'm not trying to cause a fuss here. I just think there are people in this community who need answers and while there is a rank structure, the council has invited any member to ask questions here. If they would like questions like these dealt with within the clans, someone needs to make sure the clan leadership is in fact dealing with them.

FEANX

Forum Tourist
Mar 18, 2007
Dover AFB DE
So if the Halo 2 and Halo 3 clans are going to be run seperately then do you have to count that as a clan split ? Because for example my general In halo 2 is not going to do anything in H3.....She just has no intrest in it at all....Now what i wana know is do we have to consider this a clan split for the people in the clan that are following me into halo 3?....Going off what you just said Since Chocobo is running two clans/groups one in wow and one in H2. Then I should be able to take the people from the H2 clan that never want to play H2 agian with me to H3 and in that way Have a new squad there...

Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly

XGC xVIPERx XI

Council Leader
Council Leader
XILED DESIGN
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XILEDGAMINGoCOM
Oct 21, 2006
No, a clan is a clan for any game and contains all of its members.