Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GENERALS RUN GAME NIGHT!

In one of the XGC Generals meetings tonight we discussed the possibility of the Generals group banding together to start up a game night for our fellow XG members.

The goals discussed were:
  • Create a game night to provide a conduit to meet new members.
  • Obtain participation from various leaders around the community
  • Demonstrate our effective ability as leaders by contributing to the community and leveraging support from fellow Generals
  • Reduce the occurance of members joining other games in progress just to meet someone the rank of XS or higher.

If you are interested in helping out or have something to add to the discussion, please post here.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
we've been doing that here in syndicate for quite some time now the biggest problem to overcome is getting different leaders to play with the members and not have the mentality that "hey im a section leader if your not in my group of friends i wont hang out with you"
biggest and hardest to overcome

XGC SoBER XS

Forum Junkie
Jan 8, 2009
PA
That idea sounds kinda familiar... oh yeah.. that was our meeting on Sunday.. lol.. Blunt.. Of course I'm in.. Yoda your saying Thursdays..

What if we ran it one week on 1 day and then the next week on a different day and alternate back and forth. That way if someone can't play one night, maybe they can play the other.. At least this way we are giving the biggest opportunity for people to get in. I've got some other generals and CPT's that are willing to help out as well..

And about the XS comment.. I would hope the XGC XS's would not have that mentality as that wouldn't be a great trait for a leader to have.. However everyone does need to keep in mind that everyone does have a life outside of XG and more than not, that should obviously come first. So you can't always expect them to drop what they are doing.. However if needed I have rope and duct tape... then lets see if they show.. lol....

I am definitely in also and I think XGC Olde Fogy was also interested in helping out. I like Thursdays... let's try to at least pick a date in the future, broadcast messages, get it in the announcements and plan on it from there. I suspect we may want to get together and play custom games.

here is a list of custom games that my be useful;
http://www.xiledgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86260

XGC Sentinel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 27, 2007
United States PA
First of all, this isn't meant to dissuade or discourage what you guys are attempting to set up at all.
I just wanted to throw some thoughts out there that should be included in conversations involving members wanting to play with the "higher ups". :)

It is almost statistically impossible for the leaders of XG to play with everyone in XG without it taking a ridiculous amount of time. :eek: I for one, have a job that keeps me from being online most night, I play only in the mornings. While my situation is far from the norm, other leaders have their own lives and schedules.

Lets look at it just figuring for XGC and its XS's:
Statistically, XGC has 70+ clans atm ... theres an average of about 35 active members per clan, so thats an incredibly low guess-tamation of 2450 members for the leaders to play with.

There are currently about 23 active XS's. If 2 of us were able to get on once a week to play for .. say 10 matches, and we played with 5 different people every match, we could only play with 50 people. So if we spread it out THAT much, it would take us about 3 hours, and the 2 XS's would play 1 game with 100 members that night. At that rate, it would take over 24 weeks to play with all of the members. Since we know this would be a nightmare to coordinate, were talking years. :eek: ;)

Now I play with my guys as much as I can, and I'm sure other XS's play with the people in their Section alot as well. But imagine were talking about the Leaders above us.
There are only 8 active XGC XD's, 3 XC's, and 9 XI's.

My point is ... Were never gonna get to play with everyone ... its just not going to happen. On top of that the higher you go, the more your responsible for and the more we have that takes us away from playing the games we enjoy. :( :D

I'm not saying that we can't or shouldn't set these types of things up. Far from it, if an event gets set up for the mornings or possibly a late night Saturdays, I'd be willing to do one every couple of weeks. :D

What I'm saying is, that most people don't realize just what the numbers really mean here in XG.
All of our Leaders in XG already do alot to maintain this awesome community. So when people are requesting to play with leaders and possibly complaining that they don't get to play with them, make sure your taking the time to explain the statistics of why it might seem that way, but that we're gamers too, and we're doing our best !! :D:D

[I'll be happy to respond to criticism of this viewpoint .. which is mine and may not be the view point of other leaders above me !! hahaha :D:D]

XGC SoBER XS

Forum Junkie
Jan 8, 2009
PA
First of all, this isn't meant to dissuade or discourage what you guys are attempting to set up at all.
I just wanted to throw some thoughts out there that should be included in conversations involving members wanting to play with the "higher ups". :)

I think maybe from the conversation we had @ the meeting this thread was spawned from, the idea was slightly mixed with the speaking in regards to the "Game with Fame" nights.
Blunt and Yoda correct me if I am wrong here guys, however I believe we were trying to set up a General ran game night for all members of XGC to get together and play. Not advertising that "so and so" was going to be there, but "Hey there's a bunch of XGC guys and girls (don't worry ladies I did not forget you too!!) getting together to have a fun night and your all invited!"
If the "higher ups" would like to join us one night, by all means they are welcome (They are still members of XG).. This is something we wanted to do for the community as a whole.

As an example... I would imagine not many people actually know most of my guys in Rebellion.. And I can honestly say I see Blunt (sorry Blunt but you get to be my example) once a week, when he invites me to meetings, but I can't say that I've played MW2 with him or ANY of his guys..

Also with this set-up as well we have the option of falling back on the multiple generals ran room to have multiple rooms if needed. This allowing more members to enjoy the activity than we can fit into any 1 private lobby.

So in the end I take no discouragement to your post Sentinel, I still respect your wisdom!! :D <~~~ Please no one take this in ANYWAY disrespectful to Sentinel, he is a good person and a great XS and I am happy that I can be associated with him. We PA people need to stick together!

XGC Sentinel

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 27, 2007
United States PA
I hadn't thought of that Sober, and if that indeed is the format you guys had in mind, I'm even more impressed. I definately think that some of the Leaders would be interested in something like this !! And as I said earlier, if one is held on a Saturday I'd definately make time to attend. :D

DeathSolstice

Forum Junkie
Jun 6, 2009
Springvale, ME.
I'm a fan of the idea. My clan already has a gamenight set up with XGC Reborn XK on Thursdays, with Velocity potentially taking part. I'm sure we can broaden out the scope of the night to involve more clans and XG members. I'm not able to partake on that night, so maybe multiple nights during the week would be an idea as well. Hopefully on the weekend lol.

XGC SoBER XS

Forum Junkie
Jan 8, 2009
PA
Sober, thanks for clarifying the motive... sounds like we are gaining interest in the game night and have a few leaders who are looking to help, anyone want to throw out a date to have the first one. I am hoping we can plan a few weeks out just so we have time to let everyone know. Any thoughts?

Blunt.. I think we really should run 2.. Say Thursday night and Saturday night.. So lets pick a start week by this weekend and we can have it sen out in the notes.. We can also spam XBL, and post in forums so that we in theory SHOULD reach out to as many XGC members as possible. We just need to make sure we have the Gens that are going to be available to run the rooms... I know I will help run a room one night, but will still attend both as my schedule permits...

How about we look down 2 weeks.. sooo 8/12 and 8/14 as the first 2 nights?

Any comments?

XGC SoBER XS

Forum Junkie
Jan 8, 2009
PA
I can take the Sat one.. I've got other gens and CPT's that are interested as well.. But I will still make the Thurs...

Can we make a silver tag for this? I believe as long as it does not have XGC in the name we don't have to get it approved, however since I know there are XS's and up that will see this thread...

Can someone get back to me on this?? Thanks!

SYN_BLUEDOG

Forum Junkie
Feb 25, 2010
Texas
Im in SYN Devastation on the PS3 but i have a 360 and have Halo3 and MW2 oh and Gears of War2 and would be interested in playing with yoiu guys.

8/12/10 (Thursday) - XGC BLUNT is holding an XG Game Night on COD MW2 - 10:00PM EDT, send a friend request or message "GEN Game Night" if you are interested in playing or helping out! This is open to the entire community!

8/14/10 (Saturday) - XGC SoBER is holding an XG Game Night on COD MW2 - 10:00PM EDT, send a friend request or message "GEN Game Night" if you are interested in playing or helping out! This is open to the entire community!

Last edited:

XGC SoBER XS

Forum Junkie
Jan 8, 2009
PA
I will take care of making it if I have time tonight (Hopefully will). I have a 48 hr trial card I can use to make it with...

Blunt.. Update your threads and we will send out a new spam message with the tag name so My FL gets a break... lol