Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FORUMS

XGC Eric

Forum Nerd
Dec 10, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
BattleForums.com
Not to *****, but doesn't anyone else think these forums are a bit...messy (for lack of a better word)

In my opinion, structure, policies and more detailed rules need to be implemented to further perpetuate the feel of a professional company, clan and community. (Example: Signature restrictions; I've seen some that take up an entire page...)

On another note, using the VB feature of only allowing users to view threads that they have created in certain forums would be exceptionally helpful in maintaining privacy and/or confidentailly in forums where that type of environment is needed. (Example: Ask The Council)

Another thing, do we really need a separate forum for each council member? I think it would be much more efficient to combine the "Ask the Council" forums and simply use one forum that all the council can read, respond and discuss in, instead of having to view each forum and issue individually. This is part of the problem that this board has WAY too many forums, many that can be combined, and seems pretty cluttered.

I love the forum skin, however. :)

This forum has all the propper resources, and many addons/hacks (I noticed), some great, some not so necessary. I think the main problem here is an aesthetically pleasing view.

I've got lots more if you want to hear them. ;)

Last edited:

XGC KNIGHT XI

Council Leader
X-TEAM
Jan 1, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.xiledgaming.com
As to privacy of forum areas, most members have a pref to the area the most likely review, as to messy areas, a personal view, not shared my a majority of the members, although only in the early stages of operation, this forum and its sub forums are laid out in a manner that leaves many options for improvements in addition to access for all members to all areas.

As to a feel for a professional organization/company, as being the largest online gaming community on XBL or any other gaming system, XG has never had a problem with putting forward a nice experience for all members.

With many new features coming soon, the time to be critical is not now, also as to indiv. areas for all council members, it gives each member the ability to communicate with each council leader, allowing an easier way to get the answers to questions they may have of one or more leaders

XGC Eric

Forum Nerd
Dec 10, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
BattleForums.com
As to privacy of forum areas, most members have a pref to the area the most likely review, as to messy areas, a personal view, not shared my a majority of the members, although only in the early stages of operation, this forum and its sub forums are laid out in a manner that leaves many options for improvements in addition to access for all members to all areas.
I guess, but it really wouldn't hurt to start the improvements now. The site could be made to look much better within a matter of a couple hours.
As to a feel for a professional organization/company, as being the largest online gaming community on XBL or any other gaming system, XG has never had a problem with putting forward a nice experience for all members.
You really didn't address the professionalism part. The "messy" state of the forums (that in which ideas have been laid out in my first post, and the above bit in how to improve) severely detracts from the professional. The forum needs to be clean, slick and efficient. I'm sure it's a great experience for the community, but there's always room for improvement.
With many new features coming soon, the time to be critical is not now, also as to indiv. areas for all council members, it gives each member the ability to communicate with each council leader, allowing an easier way to get the answers to questions they may have of one or more leaders
Ok, for that matter why not just use the PM system, if you have a specific question about a leader. If it's a question of an official mannerism, it can easily be answered more efficiently with one "Council" forum.

Also, new features are great, but if not structured and organized propperly, they'll only further add clutter.

I'm not trying to be critical, *****y, ranting or anything of a negative context. Don't get me wrong, the forums are great, but as I said, there is always room for improvement.

Last edited:

XGC G3NETIX

Forum Noob
Dec 6, 2006
Lexington, KY
I really agree with Eric. Me and him help run on of the largest forum-hosting companies in the world and deal with these type of communities on a daily basis. He was just stating that with a couple of upgrades, you could have a great looking site that isnt as cluttered. We are in no way "dogging" on this site. I love XGC and what it stands for, I just think that we need to do some upgrading.

Thank you,

Nick Knight

FMC Services Manager

XGC ReaXioN

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2006
East TN
I agree with the make the council one forum, or have a place like the last forums where all the council can see it. Because the topic I posted in here isn't exactly to anyone in particular. Plus if you need a specific person to look just put their name in parenthesis at the end of the topic or PM them.