Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY

KoG Turok

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 6, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
-i agree MLK was a great man, but some people twist his words and his thoughts on certain views i as a southerner from the great state of alabama can be one of the first and probably the only one to say this but MLK's dream is alive more today than every before, but we still have racism on both sides of the color barrier and we should all work together to close those gaps.
-its sad that there are people today that still hold grudges for things our ancestors did close to a century ago and some movies an music that you hear today teaches hatred towards also.
-anyway i hope my ramblings have reach some of you

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
@ cutthroat, you're right. I agree with you. But racism isn't something we'll see gone in our lifetime. Sad to say, but... it's still too touchy of a subject. You can't say the word "black" in a sentence w/out wondering "does this sound racist?" or "is someone going to perceive this as racist?"

The tension of the matter is still too taut, and as long as it is that way, the wound will never heal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft5l5Haqqpo

One of the funniest comedy sketches ever... But comedians are honestly the best help toward healing racism (IMO) because they're not scared to play around on that border (dave chapelle, richard pryor, robin williams, ralphie may, titus, kevin hart, and katt williams) and it desensitizes ppl toward it. Again, this is my opinion. I'm not trying to start arguments or anything like that. But that video I posted is freaking hilarious.

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
I know right?! lol. He's really funny. They gave him a chance with his show "titus" but it only did a couple seasons. he actually is that funny all the time. if you like his standup then find his dvd called Love is evoL