Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DO YOU AGREE?

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
if you watched the video about the maps on XBL dashboard, they said that they made the maps more "sniper friendly" which in part can be more camper friendly... i guess everyone was complaining that there weren't good enough sniper points in the game, so they tried to make some more sniper hideouts i suppose... i swear 90% of people snipe on convoy

KoG Boots

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 19, 2011
Chico, CA
Yeah. Hotel seems like a horrible map to snipe unless you find a decent spot in the window or middle somewhere. haha i'm not very good with snipers cuz i don't use them much so the new maps aren't very interesting to me.

XDC Jinno

Forum Junkie
Jan 29, 2011
California
really now? sniper spots? bearly anyone snipes in black ops. why make a sniper map when everyones using an AR weapon. sniperspot+AR= camping= why i hate the game even more

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
Any map with a decent amount of detail will allow for campers. The stylization of the maps is often what differentiates games like Halo and CoD.

You'll find as the level of detail and accessibility/non-linear paths increases so does camping as there are more places to hide.

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i find that on the new maps there are a good many camping spots, and i can think of a few that i like already on zoo and convoy... but it still takes strategy to win the game... idk about you, but i've seen a lot more people using smoke grenades on the new maps... it helps deter the snipers... but maybe some of the snipers will start using ir scopes... i like that the new maps are making people go outside the box a little and develop new strategies for success

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
I haven't found the maps to be any more camping friendly than the original maps. I have been able to maintain above a 2.5 k/d while winning most of my matches on TDM while playing the new maps.

I'm mainly a halo player by he way, blackops is the first CoD I have played at any length since the CoD2 days.

KoG Boots

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 19, 2011
Chico, CA
yeah sometimes i'll just have a really good map and just tear up the other team on CTF on one of the new maps and it makes me think i like the map then the nxt time i end up on it i don't do nearly as well. i'd say this game and i have a love/hate relationship.

TidalBuddhaFrog

Forum Nerd
Aug 7, 2010
NY
There's always going to be campers, just keep a 'nade handy and toss away. Oh and pray for no flak jacket...until that guy in the corner with ghost and a suppresed galil uses a full clip to spray you down...

Astute Atheist

Forum Rookie
May 23, 2011
New York
Camping is only an issue with me if the entire opposing team is doing it. I like a variety in play style. its what makes this game fun and what makes the "replayability" of it so high!

XGG Mizz Pixie

Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Riverview, Florida
Theres always going to be someone camping, i mean they invented motion sensors haha. And to go along with it they have hacker. Nuketown isn't such an easy map to camp on either since people spawn randomly.

XGC nOOby Doo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 18, 2010
mississippi
i agree about the maps being camper friendly because most of the time i get on the maps i would get corner camped bad but thats part of the game it will never leave the game you will always have your campers