Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

COD 4 TOURNAMENT

COD 4 TOURNAMENT

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SYN soonerbomb

Forum Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Arkansas
Just curious if anyone would be interested in doing a CoD 4 tournament. It'd be strictly Team Deathmatch, Regular Core, best 3 of 5 single elimination. I want your input on rather you would like it 4v4, 6v6, or 8v8? The way the brackets would be set up would be KoG would play within KoG, XGC inside XGC, XGG in XGG, and SYN in SYN. Then those final 4 teams that came out would play against each other such as SYN vs. XGC and XGG vs. KoG. Then, the winners of those two matches playing each other. I think this would be a pretty fun style of tournament and would allow us to interact more with each other!

SYN soonerbomb

Forum Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Arkansas
Not anything definate or set in stone yet Bullet. Just trying to see everyones interest in such an event before I take the time to plan and organize. I want it to be a pretty big tournament with support from everyone in the community and a lot of guys turning out to play. As I said, just trying to get a general idea of how many people would be interested and how many teams we would have enter. So have everyone you know that would like this come vote so I can get a general idea of what actions need to be taken to organize this thing! The polls are only open until September 1st, so get your votes in!

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
I like 6v6, I always have more fun with more people playing. Considering this seems to be a for fun and have a good time tournament. Also I think I would like to join the XGG team. Considering I never get to play with any of them.

SYN soonerbomb

Forum Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Arkansas
I'm with you Caviezel I like more people! I really wouldn't mind the 8v8 myself, but at the same time the lag is ridiculous with the big parties! I don't want to limit any team posibilities! All I would ask is a team member can only be on 1 team and what team you start with is the team you finish with! A team can have 2 alternates in case someone can not show. But, like I said if you were to join a XGG team then you would only play XGG members up until the final 4. Also, yes this is a fun tournament, but I have seen that for previous tournaments and such, prizes have been awarded. So who would I need to talk to about Prizes for like 1st - 3rd place or is that something I would need to supply myself?

P.S. you better be down Sanders, your going to be on my squad!!!

SYN soonerbomb

Forum Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Arkansas
Don't get sad lol. If this one goes well then we can maybe do a Hardcore or a WaW or both. But let's not get too far ahead of this on. Plus in 2 months MW2 comes out, so this can be like a farewell for now tournament to CoD4

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
I say just do it for bragging rights and thats it. It will be a good test for your first tournament. If you want to do prizes you would have to provide them yourself.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Wait...so the Council doesnt provide prizes for the tourneys we create?...

Haha I'd definitely be interested Sooner, most of my Cod4 squads would probably be as well. I'll let them know at the next meeting

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
Why wouldn't you provide them. I provided MS points for my halo 3 tournament. That is money out of my pocket. Im not rich and we dont make money off this community. The little we do goes to paying the cost of the website. I dont really want to get into it. So we will leave it at that.