Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BLUE MTN DEW DESIGN APP

Blue Mtn Dew

Forum Rookie
Jan 2, 2014
1) GT and user name Blue Mtn Dew
2) What type of program are you using? cs6
3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs 2-3 years. I stop making designs for over a year but im getting back into the swing. My work now might be alilttle below were i use to be, but with some more practice i can easily get it back to where it has to be.
4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC to be in a clan with other, like-minded members who also enjoy designing?
No thanks

1)
RedDress.png

2)
transformer.png

3)
Untitled-30.png

Reactions: XGC Cobrapine

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Hi Mtn! Welcome to the design applications!

I love your work so far, though, like Ixi said, please do the images. These allow us to see what you're able to do exactly, because we'll know the exact image you started from. Remember, the more works you put out, the better we gauge your talents!

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me! I use GIMP, so specific program questions won't work, but over all advice, I'm here!

Blue Mtn Dew

Forum Rookie
Jan 2, 2014
not sure if my work will be up to par from a year ago but i will try my best!

here is the first one still working on the second one

got the second one done

Last edited:

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
not sure if my work will be up to par from a year ago but i will try my best!

here is the first one still working on the second one

got the second one done

I like the ghosts one. The only thing I could offer is check up on the rules of thirds. It's a rule about focal and text placement that helps with flow. Also the lighting comes from a bit of a wrong angle.

In not feeling the stang, it seems like you just placed s c4d on top of it.

These are just my opinions. Keep up the work!!!!

Blue Mtn Dew

Forum Rookie
Jan 2, 2014
I like the ghosts one. The only thing I could offer is check up on the rules of thirds. It's a rule about focal and text placement that helps with flow. Also the lighting comes from a bit of a wrong angle.

In not feeling the stang, it seems like you just placed s c4d on top of it.

These are just my opinions. Keep up the work!!!!

thanks, not a big fan of stocks that much but ehh im trying. anythign else that needs to be done?

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Continue to make sigs. I chose that one because it is difficult.sometimes you get pretty bum requests.

Feel free to use past week's images as well. When I get to a computer tomorrow I'll post new ones.

You've definitely got talent and a unique style.

Could I see some work with text? Text is a hard skill, and 99% of your requests will require text, I.e. names and clans.

Jupiter

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 18, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
xgckoneko.deviantart.com
The mustang is far too cluttered. There's stuff all over the focal. Try to find a sense of direction/flow. Instead of having the effects go all over the place in any direction.. Find a direction that works well with your focal. For instance.. A render with a guy pointing his arm to the right would do well to have effects that follow the same path as his arm. Another thing to keep in mind is your blending with color tones. In your mustang Sig.. You have a black car with a yellow based background yet you threw purple based effects on top of it. Doesn't blend very well. Keep these things in mind :)

Blue Mtn Dew

Forum Rookie
Jan 2, 2014
The mustang is far too cluttered. There's stuff all over the focal. Try to find a sense of direction/flow. Instead of having the effects go all over the place in any direction.. Find a direction that works well with your focal. For instance.. A render with a guy pointing his arm to the right would do well to have effects that follow the same path as his arm. Another thing to keep in mind is your blending with color tones. In your mustang Sig.. You have a black car with a yellow based background yet you threw purple based effects on top of it. Doesn't blend very well. Keep these things in mind :)

Ok thanks a lot! Appreciate the CnC. This no excuse but I deff need to download more c4ds and such that would match this color theme. Any other suggestion or any good stock tutriols I could follow? Or any tutriols I could try, always up to learn new styles and improve

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Here's the link to our community resources. It contains stocks, renders, C4Ds, tutorials, ect.

Feel free to use any or all of them

http://www.xiledgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?4871-Resources

Here's a link to Greentunic's deviart account. He/She posts a lot of resources free to download, including fractals. Worth checking out.
http://greentunic.deviantart.com/art/Fractal-Pack-4-150661301

and for more fonts, I recommend

www.dafont.com

Just be sure to read the releases, some fonts aren't released for public use.

SYN MsTwiztid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2007
Hickory, NC
Good work Mtn. You meet the criteria we are looking for in design team members. We would love to have you join our team. I'll send you a pm with more information but in the mean time, go ahead and send a user group request to the, "XG Design" user group.