Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BEST WAY TO GET PEOPLE RECRUITING?

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
I would like to know how some people get their members recruiting. Right now my clan (XGC Phoenix) is in a dire shortage, mostly because we had a string of people banned for breaking the honor code and then found out that the friends of those people in the clan were underage and lied to us so there has been a mass exodus. Some people seem to be self motivated, others who are involved in the clan in every other way despise recruiting and will not do it no matter how much I pry. I have been trying like mad to go into games and bring in people off my own friend list who aren't in XGC but I just don't have enough people that aren't already in it.

I do not want to offer rewards directly to these people because its just a bribe and once they reach what they wanted they slack off. I want to know, how do you other generals get people to go out and recruit?

blondiizzle

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Pregame Lobby
Ok, well, honestly, some people don't enjoy recruiting, if you have people who do it, then I would say that you are ok at least bringing in some. Honestly, it's hard to get people to stay in a smaller clan because there just isn't the margin of activity. If the people who aren't recruiting are playing with the recruits, at least they are helping to retain the recruits that you get.

Now, regarding motivation - I actually just put up 1600 MS points in my clan for the first person to recruit three people (and we do require quality recruits, which my Captains enforce.) You are right in that it motivation to recruit immediately declined afterwardthe contest, but I like getting the opportunity to integrate the people who have just come in and get an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the clan (so that we can vote them in as well), and for my clan members to familiarize them with the way XG works.

Now, if you want to use an incentive to get a large number of recruits and just weed out the people before they are promoted to Private, I would recommend running a contest more along the lines of the person who can get the most recruits in a certain time period would then win the incentive. I think that my next contest will be recruits in a week, just because I do not want my clan to get too confusing and out of control.

XxSnowyxX

Forum Junkie
Jan 7, 2007
Canada
Your problem is much bigger than lack of recruiting, your problem is in your Cpts.

Make your Cpts responsible for their squads.

Every Captain has certain responsibilies and and one included is running their squads properly. Your Captains will like it alot better if it is their squads. do not try to do everything for them because they will become spoiled. If a Captain does not do anything than talk to him and see where he is at, if you see nothing in the Captain than maybe it is time for a demotion and a promotion to replace him, be sure to replace him with someone you think will do a great job.

As a general you must concentrate in making your Cpts the best they can be and from there on forth you will see members coming in and your squad will grow. As generals it is impossible for one man to run a 100 people, it is physically impossible to, that is why we have Cpts running individual squads.

If you can train your Cpts to do this than you will make your job a lot easier.

But hey Mr Bill if you need anymore help on this, for sure get with me on XBL.

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Your problem is much bigger than lack of recruiting, your problem is in your Cpts.

Make your Cpts responsible for their squads.

Every Captain has certain responsibilies and and one included is running their squads properly. Your Captains will like it alot better if it is their squads. do not try to do everything for them because they will become spoiled. If a Captain does not do anything than talk to him and see where he is at, if you see nothing in the Captain than maybe it is time for a demotion and a promotion to replace him, be sure to replace him with someone you think will do a great job.

As a general you must concentrate in making your Cpts the best they can be and from there on forth you will see members coming in and your squad will grow. As generals it is impossible for one man to run a 100 people, it is physically impossible to, that is why we have Cpts running individual squads.

If you can train your Cpts to do this than you will make your job a lot easier.

But hey Mr Bill if you need anymore help on this, for sure get with me on XBL.

The problem with my captains is that one of my captains has been gone for nearing 3 weeks now on vacation and the other works 5 days a week and then he can't get on weekends until Sunday evening. They are both good guys, just recently they both have not been around very much, before summer they were both in high school and after school neither of em had jobs so they had a lot of time to spare, its just a lot harder with the two lieutenants who haven't really learned much it seems trying to run the squads in their place.