Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AVOIDING PROBLEMS

XGC AlteredACEE

Forum Tourist
Jan 1, 2007
Jonesboro,Arkansas
Hey guys and gal generals of XGC just thought I would talk to you about demoting your captains in particular problems! Let them know what is going on to a certain point so they will understand why you are taking these precautions. Now granted as generals we do not half to tell them anything and we can just do our bussiness and not say a word but it just might go over a little better if you just talk to them!:D :cool:

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
If you are talking about me and my situation (which I think you are) I had every right to do what I did and I think everyone here will agree with me.If it happens agian I will demote another captian just like I did him. But anyone tell me if what I did was wrong (once agian I am open to criticism so everyone feel free to give your honest opinions)

One of my captians was inactive for 3 weeks meaning= 3 weeks earlier he just disappeared off of x-box live and I did catch him online a couple of times appearing offline in other peoples parties but everytime I would send him a message saying that he was appearing offline he would just get offline. So this went on for 3 weeks at which then I decided to go to my section leader and a very helpful fellow general of mine to get some suggestions on what I should do. Which eventually led to demoting a captian to Lt.Also when I questioned him about it he had no answer except saying he had his birthday. (Come on for 3 weeks)

Now if anyone thinks what I did was wrong after trying to connect with this captian multiple times and 3 solid weeks of offline time (not to mention this kid is blatantly underage,he was a transfer from Acee's clan) let me know.

XGC x0 0 7x XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
SYN XILED KINGS
XGC XILED KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
A, A
www.xiledgaming.com
If he is under age he needs to go to KoG! You did the right thing! That is why we have a chain of command, for things like this. If you spent time trying to get with him and he was unavaliable, you did this for 3 weeks and to me that seems like an acceptable time limit. However you can not hold this against him. If (he weren't under age) he comes back on and takes an active roll he should be able to gain his rank back. Personal life should not prevent someone from being a capt or gen or whatever. But all he had to do was come and talk to you and let you know there were things going on and then you could have just promoted around him and waited for him to come back. But you did the right thing. Nice job on partnering with fellow leaders on this situation.

XGC Grown Up

Forum Rookie
Dec 10, 2006
Ohio
Another suggestion would be to exchange phone numbers between all your Generals and Captains. This has come in very helpful in both XGLONLINEoCOM and XGC THANATO5 XK. Anytime a problem arises or you need to communicate with someone who's not online, all you have to do is pick up the phone. All Generals and Captains need to understand that their responsibilities don't disappear when the XBOX turns off. If you're a General or Captain in XGC when you're online, then you're a General or Captain when you're offline. Communication is key, no matter what form it takes. I've already talked to XGC Altered ACEE twice today on the phone. It may take some time before you are comfortable enough with your Captains to be able to talk to them offline, but once you take that step, the communication and trust in your clan will take off!

PS. The "kid" you are referring to is over 18, he just has a higher pitched voice than most. (I have his home phone number also, since he was a Captain with me). I have no trust issues with him at all.

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
Well guesss what I do, and thank you 007 this guy will earn his captian back in due time if he is active like he was before he disappeared, I liked this guy and he was one of my top captians before this incident, in due time he will regain my trust and his captian.

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
hey grown up, i agree with you 100%. i have most of my captains numbers and they have mine. i also have some other generals numbers and a few section leaders. Communication is key. Like my friend was going away for a bit and he called me to let his clan know. i understand completely about communication. chea

XGC xCORVETTEx

Forum Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
Califonia baby!!!!
My thing about giving cell phone #s is this.And dont get me wrong,I think its a good idea,but...its a game.And I know that communication is key,but I really wouldnt like it if I get offline,check the forums,then get a call from some one about more halo 2 stuff.That would really anoy me.

AlteredACEE

Forum Nub
Dec 10, 2006
Jonesboro,AR
Hey whiteout just thought I would let you know that i was not refering to you about what you did with whispery snake! If you had noticed I posted that earlier in the week before any of that had happened! Their are date and times of the posts! Yes he did come from my clan and he is not underage...

XGC Whiteout

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
Tennessee
Acee you don't want to get an attitude with me I'll knock you off of your pedestal, and Acee I think you have taken way too much medication because if you will notice that this thread was made the day after my incident with this captain. I know there are dates and posts that's why I read them and obviously you need to start thinking about when stuff happened if you of all people are going to call me out on times and dates, and my opinion still stands that he is underage, why else would his parents put the parental control block on his 360, answer me that.

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
Acee you don't want to get an attitude with me I'll knock you off of your pedestal, and Acee I think you have taken way too much medication because if you will notice that this thread was made the day after my incident with this captain. I know there are dates and posts that's why I read them and obviously you need to start thinking about when stuff happened if you of all people are going to call me out on times and dates, and my opinion still stands that he is underage, why else would his parents put the parental control block on his 360, answer me that.

ummm...WOW

ok first things first whispery snake was MY recruit when i was in XGLONLINEoCOM there for he IS of age! (which was about 6 months ago)

second thing is altered acee was trying to tell you that the post was not to you! threats to another XG member is NOT RESPECTFUL at all and im sure its not tolarated as well!...i saw no attitude to you from him!

this is the things im talking about guys if you guys ever read my forums about RESPECT! lets work as a team and a family! i mean everyone in XG need to start acting as one and show respect!

thank you

XGC BUSTA207

XGC Grown Up

Forum Rookie
Dec 10, 2006
Ohio
and my opinion still stands that he is underage, why else would his parents put the parental control block on his 360, answer me that.

Actually his younger brother was messing with the parental controls and forgot what password he made. NOT HIS PARENTS. If you still don't want him in your clan, we'd be happy to have him transferred to XGC THANATO5 XK. Thank you!

XGC xBUSTAx

Forum Junkie
Dec 22, 2006
Kalamazoo,MI
Whatever I meant no dis-respect just trying to get my point across and I am done talking to Acee I don't like the guy to start with anyway

see this is what im talking about! if you dont like the guy then you two need to work things out! we are a COMMUNITY! lets show what XG is all about. its not right to hate one another talk to each other and resolve each other issues with one another

p.s. also forgot to tell you that he does have a lil bro who also plays on his 360! sorry i left that part out i was gonna say that but got a little off track..hehe

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Genetleman,
and I say that to everyone here, first, Whiteout I think you did great on how you handled things with the situation you presented based on the information you had. But, it looks like there were other deeper issues there which you may not have known about fully. Seems like everything may now be resolved?

As you know I have always been about communicating with others to work out issues. In the clans I have formed and been over we have always pushed for our captains to work with each other on issues and so on up the chain. There is no reason a captain can not go to another captain to work out minor issues. There is no reason a general can not go to another general to include having to go outside the clan to get help. I am not saying take your dirty laundry to some other clan but, having a no interested third party to help vote on the issues has always been a positive for me. This includes not having caps or the generals run to a section leader for things clan related. Or, having an SL bug caps and/or generals for clan related things they think might be better to do. If you have more then one general then all of them need to be involved in clan decisions at all times. Same with caps and other ranks.

As for this I don't like someone thing. Acee is agressive in his ways and can come off a bit disrespectful once in a while but I doubt he truly means it to be that way. He is a good guy and I have heard he does a good job with his clans. I have heard the same about you. Of course I have a history with you both beings you both came into Good Game while I was Captain there.

On a couple occassion Sergeant Acee thought it was cool to tell his captain how to do things. Those that know me can guess how that went over. :) Then at some point Sergeant Acee thought he would be better off going to a new clan based on being told he would get promoted faster. Interestingly enough what he did not know was, I was saying good things about him behind the scenes and he was about to be promoted within that same week. For some reason peopel need to hear they are doing good as I ran into a similar situation later on in time with someone else. I have learned that you must tell people they are doing good things if they are. It is reassurance to them they belong and will be more loyal to you when all said and done.

Regardless of that, I moved on yet there seems to have always been tension there even while I behind the scenes helped him with many things almost daily. I don't require any credit for anything and am not saying that to take such. I help a lot of people in XG and I enjoy doing it. This is who I am. More recenlty an issue came up about something I said in a meeting and Acee addressed it. Things seemed to be cool but then the following week someone got their feelings hurt or something due to an assumption on his part.

Let me make it clear to everyone, I don't dislike or like most anyone on HALO. I am neutral with most people because it is just a game and in a leadership position you sometimes have to make hard decisions. If you are emotionally tied to someone then those decisions can not only be hard but, misguided by those emotions.

Anyway, I went off rambling and made one of my novel posts again. So Sorry for that.

But, I want to make it clear, I think Acee is a good guy and doing a great job. I think the same of Whiteout and when all said and done I believe this issue they have can be easily resolved by communicating with each other more.

We are all generals in XG. We need to speak to each other whenever we can. It is hard to always do that with every general we have due to having so many but if you are in the same section it should almost be mandatory for you to work together. I mean, for the most part those in the same section have usually come up in the ranks together and should already be working together the entire time. DO NOT isolate yourself from your peers even if you think you know better. This is not a dictatorship. Respect each other and communicate on all things, good or bad. Disagree then kiss and make up. In the end there can be only FUN!

I would be happy to get in a party with everyone to communicate this further.