Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KoG Lil Wolfy

Forum Nub
Jul 25, 2007
I have been informed that there is a virus on YouTube.com that will fire you hard drive. Stay off of YouTube for a while. SPAM OUT TO EVERYONE. TELL YOUR FRIEND TELL YOUR FAMILY. TELL ANYONE WHO GOES TO YOUTUBE,
Thank You,
Wolfy

KRAZY KYLE

Forum Star
Dec 14, 2008
North Carolina
It is kinda unrealistic Youtube is mostly moderated making like 1 billion a year. With that money I do not think they would be able to get a virus that runs through their whole website. Usually viruses are through links if this is what you are also referring to, but this has always been around virus wise and it wouldn't just be youtube.

KoG Slayer II

Get A Life!
Dec 6, 2006
New York, NY
YouTube is owned by Google, who would never let a virus get onto their site. Even if it did, they would put the site down until they fixed the issue. Aside from that, I've been using YouTube just fine for the past week and a half and have not encountered and problems.

XGC MuskieDawg

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 29, 2011
canada
From what i read he says he has been informed so he is just letting people know to be on the look out, and gogle being rich does not mean they can't be hacked with a virus it is what those ppl do for a living.. But thanks for the heads up wolfy...

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
even so the only plausible malicious software that could get onto my computer from youtube would be a trojan which would mean im downloading videos and i just happened to come across a programmer who made a stupid video and managed to get me to download that file.

Titian Petra

Forum Nub
Jul 11, 2011
if you have a good anti virus then you have nothing to worry about, plus the likleyhood of getting a nasty virus through your cookies is vary rare