Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC BoBbLe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 11, 2014
Application

1) GT and user name
o ms BoBbLe oO

2) What type of program are you using?
photoshop cs5

3) How much experience you have with your program and making sigs
9 years

4) Would you be interested in transferring to XDC to be in a clan with other, like-minded members who also enjoy designing?
I would rather stay where I am but I am willing to help.

I was apart of the KSI design Team and MEA design team years ago.

Some examples of signatures and logos.

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
Hi, thank you for your interest in joining the design team!

I like your style. I would request you make a couple sigs using the images posted in the weekly test images, found in the application area. This will allow me to see what you can really do, as we will know the base images you used.

Don't dismay if you don't get a reply right away, it is Valentine's day :)

XGC BoBbLe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 11, 2014
are u talking about that cod render I saw? I can make a few things up thats fine but it will have to be tomorrow as I am sick and going to go drink wine with the bf. It you need a referal feel free to hit up XGC CORVETTE C6 as she has known me for many years.

XGC BoBbLe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 11, 2014
ok but I would like to point out renders are over used and if someone as the ability to use other tools to almost form their own renders that should also be acceptable... just saying this girl knows photoshop renders are ****

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
ok but I would like to point out renders are over used and if someone as the ability to use other tools to almost form their own renders that should also be acceptable... just saying this girl knows photoshop renders are ****
But sometimes the request doesn't allow for that. The point of it is to see what youre able to do with a provided image. If you know Photoshop so well, then this will be an insanely easy task.
Most Images I chose are not ideal for that specific reason. In this position, you'll be forced to take an image that's been beaten to death and breathe new life in it.

There are also stock images in there as well. You may try which ever ones you'd like until I post new ones tomorrow.

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas

Alrighty! Settled in at the office, drinking monster like it's water. Let's go!

First off, please remember CnC is only meant as a tool to help you with designing, please don't take any comments negatively. Thank you.

Sig #1
the render is too harsh, it has that copy/paste feel to it. Always be sure to use the smudge/blur tool (forgive me, I don't use PS so I won't know all the terms associated with it) around the outline on key parts, as to give it a the appearence it belongs to the sig.

The background looks simply like a c4d, there's no added depth. The blue coloring also doesn't fit, as it's the only source of blue in the entire sig. I'd remove it.
Always try to add depth to a background, it makes the sig look less 2D.

Sig #2

See sig #1 CnC, also on this render, there are pretty heavy lighting details that you didn't act on, and that further pushes the "Copy/Paste" feel. Always pay attention to lighting, and dodge/burn areas to make the sig flow with it.

sig #3
I'm having a hard time distinguishing what you actually did to the image.
Always try to avoid just trimming an image down and throwing text and a border on it. We do so much more than that here.

Thank you for doing these so timely. I'll post some new images that I'd like you to make atleast one sig a piece from. Another designer who uses your program will get in contact with you about some possible tutorials we'd like you to follow.

-Radio

VenerealMonkey

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
First let me introduce myself, I am XGC Venereal, Lead Designer for XDC. Thank you for applying to our team. Please note that during this process, myself and other designers will be critiquing your work, and as it may seem harsh at times, our advice is to help you hone your skills.

That being said, I am not going to CnC your submitted works as Radio has done a good job of that. Rather, I would like to see what you can do following a tutorial. Here is a render and a link to the tut. I look forward to seeing the end product.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/139/3/3/BEAUTY_Signature_Tutorial_by_Chaos_Tutorials.png

Status
Not open for further replies.