Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANOTHER QUESTION FOR THE XL'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In the old forums I had moderator status, strictly for my old clan,
XGC Good Game. I even had these powers as a Captain in that same clan. It worked very well because I could freely clean up my forums and make any adjustments I needed to.

I was wondering why we Generals do not have moderator status over our clans now? I asked Viper if we were going to get it and he said no, so now I'm wondering why?

XGC FATALITY

Forum Rookie
Dec 9, 2006
MICHIGAN
I'm not an XL, but I have a logical answer to your question (might not be the exact "right" answer, lol). There are way too many generals that get promoted and leave; it would be almost impossible to keep track of that and too much hard work. I know I wouldn't want to have to do that job. Besides, you get general that gets mad at there clan so they hit it and leave the clan and yet they still have moderator status, you don't think they'll destroy the forums. Then I bet what you're thinking is,"Well I never will hit XGC or leave this clan!". I would say the same thing too (I put too much hard work to leave and I have too much maturity to hit a clan in Halo 2!) and, I'm sure, so will other generals, then if you have mod status, they will think,"Well he's a general why don't I have mod status?", and that will be a never-ending circle. I think it would just so complicated, it wouldn't even be worth it.

----XGC FATALITY, GENERAL of X1LED GAMING CO and XGC BACKFIRE

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well you can't live in paranoia. Why give anyone moderator status then?
I can understand that it is a trust issue. But we have the ability to do something like that. Just like you have to sign up for the Weekly Update, we could apply to be moderators.

XGC PUPPET XL

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2006
If you need something done to your clan list, I.E. a sticky, thread removal, or ect. just feel free to pm me or any other moderator and well be happy to do it. And its not that its paranoia that we dont give the generals moderator, just alot of extra work.

XGC Aldier

Forum Member
Dec 9, 2006
How many XGC Halo clans are there? How many have more than 1 general? How often do the generals of the clans change? How many NEW moderators would it create? How would changes in leadership (people leaving/stepping down, getting promoted) need to be dealt with? How many of the generals know what they should and should not moderate? Who is going to take the time to train and make sure the generals are doing what they are supposed to on the forums?

There is a TON of work involved in maintaining an active list of generals and that is just in Halo. I would say at least every week I get 1-2 new generals names messaged out. I do not even scratch the surface of having a representative from half the clans. It is not spreading the work. It is creating work for the current section leaders, of which most are moderators. If you had moderator status on your old clan section, that is between you and the old moderators. But to think that every general needs moderator status is rediculous. We had this discussion on the old boards too.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If it entails all that work then I will do some. Again, share the load of a large task and then the individual doesn't get over loaded. I was once told by
Xc4liber " This is Xiled Gaming Company. Not Xiled Do It By Yourself. "

So why not let the Generals that want to help out where they can. Maybe we could apply for moderator status just like we have to for the weekly update.

TUCKER

Forum Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
the main point is that we have a ****load of generals...and the XL's have to look over our squadlist every week anyways...so they might as well moderate our forums...it would be more work to have them approve each general as a moderator as opposed to just watchin over the forums for us

XGC COUNTRY B0Y

Forum Member
Dec 9, 2006
North carolina
www.myspace.com
XGC zealot, there to many gens in one place and plus like some one said if they leave they still got moderant because its hard to keep up with so quit arguing with them and get use to it, like the section leader, division leader said, pm them with it and if it needs to be getten rid of the will do it.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am not arguing. I am bringing up another view point and I keep getting the same lame response from people. "There are too many Generals". Yes I understand there are many Generals out there. But every single General has to (or should) apply for the Weekly Update. Why not do the same for moderator status?

And I also fully understand that a Section Leader could format my forums for me. But do I need to message an XL every time I need a post edited? I need to have a clan-match thread that needs to be edited almost every day. I need moderator status for my forum. Is there no way I can get it.

And since this thread is called "Another Question for the XL's" I would appreciate an XL's response.

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
ok honestly zealot no offense but just chill, obviously there is a reason you don't get moderator status so just leave it at that. If you get told no why do you keep going on about it and most of these answers sound like the answer you deserve. Honestly if you need editing on things just have the ppl who posted it edit it or as puppet said message the XLs. But hey that's just my opinion.

XGC PUPPET XL

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2006
I am not arguing. I am bringing up another view point and I keep getting the same lame response from people. "There are too many Generals". Yes I understand there are many Generals out there. But every single General has to (or should) apply for the Weekly Update. Why not do the same for moderator status?

And I also fully understand that a Section Leader could format my forums for me. But do I need to message an XL every time I need a post edited? I need to have a clan-match thread that needs to be edited almost every day. I need moderator status for my forum. Is there no way I can get it.

And since this thread is called "Another Question for the XL's" I would appreciate an XL's response.

Its NOT that there are to many generals, im sure it doesn't take to long for viper to give moderator powers, if you feel you should have them get in contact with viper.

You shouldn't need to message a XL everytime, this is also attemp to get us XL's more into using the forums and utilizing the resources it can provide. Your XL should be checking your forums at least once every other day. I do not believe you NEED moderator either, yes it would be helpful for things you want to do inside your forum. This is a new website though, in which all of the XLs have been taught to use it. If you feel as if you still NEED it thought, feel free to get with XGC VIPER XL, as he is the one who gives moderator powers to people.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Alright. I do apologize for losing my temper somewhat. But when I ask an XL's opinion or reasoning and I get 10+ other people who really have no idea what they are talking about responding to me, I get a little frustrated.

But thank you Puppet for the clarification.

oTONYo

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2006
New York
They are trying help u get an answer to u question there is no reason for the hysteria we are all here to help out others. U need a person with moderator just get us im always on the forums and on Live just ask us and we'll do wat u ask.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Zealot, you have been around long enough to know the answer to this question. It was asked about 100 times in the other forums and always met with the same answer. As many have said, it just does not make sense. How many generals become generals without much true knowledge and understanding of what XG is truly about? I mean, no offense to any generals but, in the meetings many do not even know what the websites are. Not sure how a general gets to be a general without knowing about our websites and posting in the forums but it happens all the time.

Something I think you and others do not realize is, SL's are being trained and prepared to run a gaming community not just a HALO clan. Becoming and SL is a promotion into an executive position within the community. With that you get a nice title and tag. Section leader / XL. You also get a lot of responsibilites and added duties. Same goes for the real world in most any other company.

Are the SL's overloaded? Possible but in time as more people step up and show they can handle the responsibilities given an SL and not just run away when things don't go their way as others have, we will have more great leaders in the right positions to insure the continued growth and success of our community.

XGC Telly XL

Forum Nub
Nov 27, 2006
If viper says no than the answer is no. This will also help build the General to Section Leader communication. How many of the Generals keep a solid line of communication with there Section Leaders? If you need somthing fixed let a Section Leader handel it. If your having trouble geting ahold of your Section Leader than get a hold of Viper. Just keep in mind that Section Leaders do have lives too,

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
O yea zealot i'm sorry bout my earlier post. My bad, i didn't quite undersrtand. But yea we still cool. o yea good game against my team on xgl

Status
Not open for further replies.