Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A NOTE TO XS AND HIGHER

St1ddy

XILED EVENTS
Dec 14, 2012
Norfolk, Va
www.facebook.com
If you are having a meeting or playing with higher members like yourself and DO NOT want anyone to join you, I suggest you go to your Preference and change your status to busy and game to invite only. If you have a quick second, just explain to the joining member that you are busy and/or playing with people and do not want to be disturbed.

You all have a rank that is important to the community. You are a bigger role model than Privates, Sergeants, Captains, Lieutenants, and Generals.
It is rude to yell KEEP OUT of someone joins while you are in any party to other clan members, especially, if your in XGC and are to be professional and have been in XG for couple of years. Yes, I know it can be frustrating at times, but it can/does makes you look bad and can make your clan/division look bad if you blow up at someone to keep out or stop joining a party.

So please XS and higher, be more professional about these things. Please use calamity and patience. Thank you for your time.

This is a feedback note.

XGC BIZARRE

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 14, 2011
A dirt road, SC
This should have been discussed in your clan meeting about a month or two back. You're supposed to ask for invites through messaging before just jumping into a lobby, especially if you're jumping in on generals or higher.

XGC ICON XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
CT
I personally don't have an issue with anyone joining my party. When it's a private conversation, I make sure the party is not joinable.

St1ddy

XILED EVENTS
Dec 14, 2012
Norfolk, Va
www.facebook.com
I'm used to jumping in lobbies all the time. It was meant to be that way. If you don't want ppl to join, then make it invite only. If you forget to change the status of your party. Don't throw a hissy fit at the next guy/girl who logs

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
At least on Black Ops 2, even if you set it to Invite Only, you can't keep people out once you start searching. For me a big problem seems to be that we will already have 6 players and people would still join in when it was in progress.

The only two fixes for this are, A: Appear offline, and that has its own problems, or B: Remove that member from the friends list. Well, there's always saying "Please don't join in progress" at a meeting or whatever.

It may seem "unprofessional" or whatever, but keep this in mind: That leader has tons of people wanting to play. Think of it as a line. Those people that just join in to kill those leaders are basically cutting in line. Not to mention that they join in most of the time to try and kill that leader.

Always put yourself in the others' shoes before making statements of such sweeping profligacy.

G

As a wise Division Leader once said, "I joined the community to play WITH the members, not AGAINST them."

Keep that in mind when you see an open game and you're debating to join. I personally really hate when people join session in progress. And like Deadeye said, you can make your party invite only until to click start match. Then it becomes open. No one can control that. If you see someone playing, and you wanan game with them, send them a message saying something like this: "hey, if you've got room, hit me up." Or When you've got room, shoot me an invite." Chances are, THEY WILL!

As leaders, we have a lot going on. And sometimes we just want to have some fun playing the game with our friends! So don't take offense when we say "Not Today".

XGC Aesopswolf

Forum Nerd
Aug 10, 2011
A, A
One as a leader in XGC, not as high as XS or higher, but as a general I know the position can get stressful, and or monotonous sometimes. A leader or a group of leaders might party up and want to handle clan business while playing a match. Or just to enjoy themselves. One thing we all have to realize is as it states especially in COD it is a public lobby. If you don't want to play with anybody else from the clan, ask politely if they can step out in pre-game lobby, or just wait out till the end of the game then ask them to leave. There is no need to get irritated and or angry with that player especially if they better you. They are not mind readers, and do not know that you would not like to play with them at that moment.

Also there are members who are friends with multiple higher ups. And play with them on a regular basis. Those higher ups will join the lobbies either with or against, And will play out the match, and or several matches. Not everyone is alike. And with what is I believe 70k plus members and multiple higher ups whether it ben gen, xs, xd, etc it is kind of hard to know how everyone is going to react.

Another option is to set up a private match, and invite exactly who you want in there.

Myself I don't mind if someone joins my lobby, I try to have fun with everybody. And if it is some clan business I need to take care of there is always private chat, and party chat. And as it states in the honor code remember ladies and gents at the end of the day it is just a game.

CAPOS SNOW

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 10, 2006
THE YAY AREA
Perfect example as to why some leaders dont want people joining their games. Personally I dont mind cause I like beating the **** out of people who have the same mind set as the person that posted above me, but some leaders dont like it. Respect that. Most of the leaders spend countless hours making this community run, and doing something so small as not joining in progress can go a long way. Last thought. How the hell you have been in this community since 06 and I dont know you is beyond me.

Last edited:

SYN Zonez

Forum Junkie
Apr 3, 2013
Oceanside
Lol! To some it may be kd, to others its just not right. Leaders need space and lobbies amongst themselves so they dont get burnt out of a gig. Its all about respect. Like everyone else who has said it. Some players spend hours on the community or on their kds running with a unit and with you goin into a game against your brother/ sister members shows a lot of disrespect. ****, idc if ppl join my game but if you do better get an umbrella cuz a crap storm is comin your way. ;) we utilize that time to coordinate, relax and even recruit to help bring more members for the little guys. So as I read, " Next in line please." Communicate and respect.

Last edited: