Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A LOOK INTO THE NEW XBOX ONE KINECT

SYN MsTwiztid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2007
Hickory, NC
Xbox One Kinect:
Friend or foe?

By XDC Ixias XS of XiledGaming.com

Last week Microsoft announced that the Xbox One console will no longer come with the baggage of the Kinect always being on. This is great news to all of the gamers who found a creep factor in the original need for constantly having a video camera watching you and your family inside your own home.

Xbox_One_kinect_00-1.png

The change in policy was announced by Xbox Corperate Vice President, Marc Whitten. Whitten is quoted saying, "Xbox One is designed to work with Kinect plugged in. It makes gaming better in many ways...With that [being] said, the console will still function if the Kinect isn't plugged in, although you won't be able to use any features or experience that explicitly uses the sensor."

So there you have it! Microsoft Corporation and Xbox have heard the concerns of the many and have answered the community with a big, "Ask and you shall receive!" No more pesky Kinect always watching what you're doing.

But for those among you that are looking forward to the Kinect and all of it's features, or still on the fence about the whole ordeal, here is some more information for you.

Using the Kinect you will be able to do things such as power on your Xbox One console. Kinect will allow your console to be able to detect your voice and load up your personalized home-screen, which will house content specific to your likes and needs. You will also be able to control your TV programs, music, games, ect. You will also be able to instantly move between games and other entertainment and be able to personalize your dashboard without ever having to lift a finger!

Untitled-12.jpg

Furthermore, the Kinect's voice and video recognition will be able to automatically know which controller you are picking up and will automatically sign you into your Xbox Live account. Forget the days of having to take time out of a gaming session with your friends to have to load up your profile by navigating through the Xbox Menus, your Kinect does all of the hard work for you. It will even link your controller to the system if it isn't already done. Pretty nifty, right?

These are just a few of the features you can use your Xbox One Kinect for. There are endless possibilities and even more powerful uses for this system. So it might be worth plugging in after-all!

Stay tuned for more information to the upcoming consoles here on XiledGaming.com

XG-Mobile.png

XGC Radioactive

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 24, 2011
Texas
No. The Kinect will still be part of the Xbox One package, it will just no longer have to be plugged in for the Xbox to work.

For the day one edition, anyways. They'll probably wait until those have been sold out before announcing a bundle that does not include a kinect.

I personally wish to use the kinect as it was meant to be. If the gov't wanted to use cameras to spy on us....look down at your cellphone. There's a front facing camera right there, a audio recording device, and GPS. oooh scary....:p

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
yeah because i know that all of the people at microsoft can't wait to watch 20 somethings playing skyrim in their underwear for 12 hours at a time... give me the kinect and all of the features!!! If i'm going to pay a couple hundred dollars for a new system, I want something new. I don't know why everyone just wants the same old system with updated graphics...

BIGxSLAM

Forum Junkie
Jun 19, 2011
Denver, CO
www.youtube.com
If anyone is spying on you, it's ME.. BOOO , behind you sucka.. HaHa! jk.. Naw I have a Kinect.. and it's good for the Kid(s) , but for me it's more a novelty. Truly it does have some very functional uses used with media streaming apps. Waving hand to browse & voice commands evokes a sense of being in the "Minority Report" ha ha.. Go Tom Cruise..