Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MLG TALK WITH CAVIEZEL

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Well, looks like I won't be able to scrim you guys any time soon. I've got midterms coming up and then spring break on which I might be away for some time. That coupled in with a new job could be some trouble.

On topic : Gimmie My Money - Top 32 Meadows & Columbus

XGC Caviezel XI

Council Leader
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Jan 2, 2006
WI
Sad news it is looking like my team will not be attending meadows because the passes sell to quickly. Ultimate sad face

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Sad news it is looking like my team will not be attending meadows because the passes sell to quickly. Ultimate sad face

You will be able to get one. A lot of times one person will buy a team pass without a team and then their plans fall through for getting a team. Or people will try to sell them for over $240 which isn't allowed and if you inform MLG they will revoke the pass and put it up for sale. People post trying to sell them all the time.

Nv Corona vF

Forum Star
Dec 10, 2008
Im still planning on going to Columbus too, so we'll have to hook up. I am trying to land a new job, so if I end up getting it, my chances of going are alot slimmer tho, I dont want to land a good job then ask for time off in a couple of months lol

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Im still planning on going to Columbus too, so we'll have to hook up. I am trying to land a new job, so if I end up getting it, my chances of going are alot slimmer tho, I dont want to land a good job then ask for time off in a couple of months lol

Yeah, I'm having that problem for local LANs. My new job is interfering with Halo time lol. Oh well, its part time so I can ask for time off relatively often and get away with it.

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Anyone else seen the Str8 Rippin montage?

Its sick. Doesn't disappoint. There is a lot of editing but its not too overdone and some of it is actually really cool. All the clips are pretty much amazing too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojn2R7HHMBo"]YouTube - Str8 Rippin Montage [1/2][/ame] Part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzPBnHYTcfeature=response_from_watch[/ame] Part 2

SYN Cheddarbob

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 15, 2006
Boston, MA
www.freewebs.com
Well, I just saw the results of a recent SQ / STR8 Rippin LAN from a couple days back, they had five series so far...
wow
if you don't think SQ has potential to be the breakout the team of the year, I have to say, take some medicine or something because that LAN was just nasty!

I'll copy/paste the scores now.

Current Record for SQ vs STR8 Rippin (2009 LANs) [by Games]
SQ: 39
STR8: 16

Current Record for SQ vs STR8 Rippin (2009 LANs) [by Series]
SQ: 5
STR8: 0

Series 1

sQ - 8 Str8 - 3

Game One- Narrows Flag (3-1 Str8)

Game Two- Pit TS (50-32 sQ)

Game Three- Construct King (250-170 sQ)

Game Four- Lockdown Ball (250-155 sQ)

Game Five- Amplified TS (50-46 sQ)

Game Six- Pit Flag (3-1 sQ)

Game Seven- Narrows TS (50-36 sQ)

Game Eight- Guardian Ball (242-73 sQ)

Game Nine- Onslaught Flag (5-4 Str8

Game Ten- Construct TS (50-45 Str8

Game Eleven- Guardian TS (50-40 sQ)

Series 2

sQ - 11 Str8 - 0

Game One- Narrows Flag (3-2 sQ)

Game Two- Pit TS (50-40 sQ)

Game Three- Construct King (250-114 sQ)

Game Four- Lockdown Ball (250-132 sQ)

Game Five- Amplified TS (50-49 sQ)

Game Six- Pit Flag (3-1 sQ)

Game Seven- Narrows TS (50-48 sQ)

Game Eight- Guardian Ball (212-161 sQ)

Game Nine- Onslaught Flag (5-3 sQ)

Game Ten- Construct TS (50-39 sQ)

Game Eleven- Guardian TS (50-49 sQ)

Series 3

sQ - 6 Str8 - 5

Game One- Pit Flag (3-1 Str8)

Game Two- Narrows TS (50-46 sQ)

Game Three- Guardian Ball (219-156 Str8)

Game Four- Onslaught Flag (5-0 sQ)

Game Five- Construct TS (50-35 Str8)

Game Six- Narrows Flag (3-2 sQ)

Game Seven- Pit TS (50-45 sQ)

Game Eight- Construct King (250-140 sQ)

Game Nine- Amplified TS (50-45 Str8)

Game Ten- Lockdown Ball (250-78 sQ)

Game Eleven- Guardian TS (50-49 Str8)

Series 4

sQ - 8 Str8 - 3

Game One- Pit Flag (3-1 Str8)

Game Two- Narrows TS (50-39 sQ)

Game Three- Guardian Ball (250-93 sQ)

Game Four- Onslaught Flag (5-0 sQ)

Game Five- Construct TS (50-43 Str8)

Game Six- Narrows Flag (3-2 Str8)

Game Seven- Pit TS (50-44 sQ)

Game Eight- Construct King (250-158 sQ)

Game Nine- Amplified TS (50-49 sQ)

Game Ten- Lockdown Ball (250-121 sQ)

Game Eleven- Guardian TS (50-44 sQ)

Series 5

sQ - 6 Str8 - 5

Game One- Pit Flag (3-2 sQ)

Game Two- Narrows TS (50-44 Str8)

Game Three- Guardian Ball (200-187 Str8)

Game Four- Onslaught Flag (5-4 sQ)

Game Five- Construct TS (50-41 sQ)

Game Six- Narrows Flag (3-2 sQ)

Game Seven- Pit TS (50-48 Str8)

Game Eight- Construct King (250-205 Str8)

Game Nine- Amplified TS (50-43 Str8)

Game Ten- Lockdown Ball (250-179 sQ)

Game Eleven- Guardian TS (50-44 sQ)

I'm still looking for player stats, but this is amazing..

Xx Mr Bill xX

Forum Junkie
Dec 10, 2006
Cleveland, OH
www.coldfusionlc.com
Hmm, SQ is doing better than I thought. Of course they are playing on LAN against just about every top 8 team from last season. Hell, even Str8, TD, Instinct aren't playing as much LAN against other top teams put together.

I may have to change my predictions for SQ. I think they will do good at an event, but the highest they will take is 4th.

Reasons are that there is no money on the line at those LANs. . There is no need for Str8 to divulge all of their strategies at a practice LAN, same with Instinct and TD who have both lost in series to SQ. These LANs at they play are just for practice and while SQ is a new team with something to prove and can go all out at these LANs it would be almost foolish for a team in the top 3 to give away all of their strats at a LAN that in the end has little indication on who is going to win what.

Don't get me wrong, it shows that SQ is definitely a capable team, but they are all young and inexperienced except for Strongside who is used to the mainstage. I still say that the pressure gets to them at Meadows, but I could see them taking 4th, 5th, or 6th. I also think they will win an event, probably the one before the playoffs. But I don't see them winning anymore than 2 events at all, especially not the championships or playoffs.