Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

YOUR TOP 5 FAVORITE MOVIES

XGC-ArticAngel

Forum Nerd
Dec 12, 2006
Idaho
:cool:
Hey everybody please post your top 5 favorite movies in this thread. I think we need to relax and have more fun in XG. I do know the importance of getting things done but sometimes we can get all caught up in this clan stuff and completely forget to enjoy doing this whole gaming comunity thing. Thats the whole reason i joined in the first place! So please enjoy this thread!

please include:
name of the movie
major actors
plot
favorite quote

THANKS!
:cool:

XGC-ArticAngel

Forum Nerd
Dec 12, 2006
Idaho
5. Pink Floyd The Wall.
This is a must see for all fans of this timeless, classic, band. Theres no way explaining this one its definetly as weird as the bands music.
Fav quote.
"Is There Anybody Out There?"
4. Dumb and Dumber
I dont know of one person who has never seen this hilarious movie. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels star in this slap stick comedy. Harry and Lloyd are out on a cross country journey to give a suitcase back to a beautiful girl, who has no interst in them at all. Right before they give it back they accidently open the breifcase and fine over 2 million dollars!
Fav quote.
"No way..... WE LANDED ON THE MOON!"
3. Fight Club
A classic cult movie! Brad Pitt stars in this wonderfully done film. Tyler Gurdon is a new age thinker who hates the way the media and concrete things have a grip on everyones lives. so he starts an underground fight club which quickly spreads national and slowly turns into a type of a terrorist organization called Project Mayhem. Theres alot more twist and turns in this one you would have to watch it!
Fav quote.
"Good god tyler is that your blood!"
"Yeah a little bit of it. why?"

2. V for Vendetta
A very well done sci-fi/thriller movie. Vendetta will take you about 50-100 years in the future where America is a thrid-world country and the the UK is the worlds new leader in every aspect. The country is led by a ruthless dictator, who by complete control advavces his country to the worlds main super power. But his evil ways did not go unnoticed, a victim who only goes by the letter V is held at a type of concentration camp and is burned by physically and emotionally. He swears his revenge on this new monarchy and leds a revolution.
fav quote.
"Remeber, Remember the 5th of november, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason for why the gun powder treason shall ever be forgot."
1. Blow
A great drug/crime related movie, blow takes a look at the life of George Jung. The all time biggest cocaine dealer in the history of this country. The movie will tell you how he first started out dealing marijuana in Southern Cali to imported over 120,000 kilos of coke into the United States from Columbia. If you snorted cocaine in the 80's or 90's then theres a 80-90% chance it came from this guy! The movie starts Johnny depp in one of his top notch performances. Also a great co-star penelope cruz. if your a crime/drug related movie guy then theres no better than this!
Fav quote.
"I went in a degree in marijuania and came out with a bachelor's in cocaine."

XGC H4LFLIFE

Forum Veteran
Dec 16, 2006
Arkansas
5. V for Vendetta
a terrorist is trying to change the government
fav quote
Remember, Remember the 5th of November the gunpowder, treason and plot; I can think of no reason the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

4. Gladiator
a man gets put into slavery and is trying to avenge his family's death at the hands of the corrupt emperor
fav quote
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. father to a murdered son, husband to a mudered wife. And I will have my vengence, in this life or the next.

3.A Knights Tale
a peasant tries to become rich by acting like a noble and competing in jousting tournaments
fav quote
It's called a lance, Hellooo

2. Pirates of the Carrabean: Curse of the Black Pearl
save the girl and get rid of the curse
fav quote
But why the rum?

1. The Illusionist
an illusionist tries to get his childhood sweetheart and save her from the evil prince.
fav quote
maybe I'll make you disappear

XGC-ArticAngel

Forum Nerd
Dec 12, 2006
Idaho
hey ive heard the illusinists was a good movie but ive never had the chance to see it. ive also heard its kinda slow and hard to understnd. is this true? well anyways thanks for posting.

XGC Vader

Forum Star
Dec 11, 2006
Wisconsin
1 Star Wars Episode 1 (for Qui-Gon and Darth Maul)
2 Lord Of The Rings Fellowship for the pure nature side of middle earth just... Rockin!
3 Star Wars Episode 3 for the lightsaber combat
4 Star Wars episode 6 ROTJ for the Battle of Endor
5 (soon to be) 300.... omg spartans rock.. and i mean the HISTORICAL spartans... not .. john 117 .. although he rocks too... but halo the movie is put on hold.. NOO!

ANGEL...

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2006
Salem,MA
Ok here goes top five.

5. The Thing
Starring Kurt Russell
This movie is about a scientific team in the middle of the Artic that uncover a strange and deadly alien being. This alien has the ability to mimic anything by killing the host and then copying it. The team soon realize that no one can be trusted. It was a very good sci-fi/horror movie made back in the early 70s I believe.

4. Con Air
Starring Nicholas Cage, Steve Buchemi, John Malcovich
A marine that just got home from duty to see his pregnant wife gets sent to jail for 7yrs for crime that he commited out of self-defence. After his sentence he boards a prison airplane along with several other inmate transfers. Soon after take off the inmates start to take over and he has to find a way without getting caught to get back to his wife and 7yr old daughter.
Fav Quote- Why didn't you just put the bunny down?

3. The Exorcist
Starring Linda Blair
A young girl finds herself posessed by the Devil himself. Her mother after trying many doctors is then told that she should look into an Exorcism. She find Father Carass and tells him what has become of her daughter. Father Carass then puts his own life on the line to save this little girl by facing the most ultimate evil.
Fav Quote The power of Christ compels you.

2. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Starring Chevy Chase
Clark Griswold wants to have the best Christmas for his family but it soons turns to a comical disaster when the in-laws come to celebrate. From burning down the Christmas tree to setting Uncle Lewis on fire it's non-stop laughter from beginning to end.
Fav Quote Neighbor- Hey Griswold where you gonna put that tree? Clark- Bend over and I'll show you.

1. The Producers
Starring Nathan Lane, Matthew Brodrick, Will Farrell, Jon Lovitz, Uma Thurman.
A down and out Broadway producer cons his nerdy accountant to help him produce a Broadway flop with hope of getting away with 2millions dollars in overbudget money. After finding the worst play, the worst director and the worst actors this so-called flop soon becomes a Broadway hit. This musical comedy had me laughing from beginning to end.

Roadway

Forum Nerd
Dec 10, 2006
Colorado
1. Pirates of the Carrabean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Dep played well on his part. It also makes me laugh.
Favorite Quote
"in jail sailStop blowing holes in my ship!"
2. Pirates of the Carrabean: Dead Mans Chest
It is the extended from the first but about Jack paying his dept from Davy Jones and to stop the Crackin from being released. I really love how they brought Barbossa back into the story.
Favorite Quote
Im not sure its either "Why is the rum always gone?stands up to walk to get more rum and staggers.... Oh thats why" or "Quick! Hide the rum!!!"
3. The Fast and The Furious:Tokyo Drift
Its about car racing except its not not ten second racing it is about drifting. A boy gets in lots of trouble in school and ends up transfered to Japan to live with his uncle and to go to school there. He meets japanese people that do drift racing and is taught how to race and become the new DK (Drift King)
Favorite Quote
"I've got time"
4. Termenator 2:Judgement day
John Conner was born and the termenator that tried to kill Sarah Conner in the first one is brought back to protect John Conner from getting termenated by the new updated Termenater.
Favorite Quote
"Astalavista, baby"
5. Termenator 1
Before John Conner was born a termenator that is a robot in flesh was brought into the past to kill the mother of John Conner so he would never be born to destroy the robots from eliminating the humans.
Favorite Quote
"Shut up... A*s hole"

ANGEL...

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2006
Salem,MA
I love the Pirate movies. I have been a huge fan of Johnny Depp since he started his career. It's kinda funny cause my boyfriends name is Johnny also. I was so surprised to see them bring back Capitan Balbosa. I can't wait for Pirates 3 to come out.

XGC Grown Up

Forum Rookie
Dec 10, 2006
Ohio
1. Super Troopers
2. Road Trip - Unrated
3. South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
4. Top Gun
5. Trading Places

I hate typing so I'm gonna skip the quote parts. Sadly enough, I could quote each of these in their entirety.

XGC Dav

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2006
Columbia, Missouri
5. Super Troopers.
Quote: Who wants a mustache ride?

4. Rudy
Quote: RUDY, RUDY...

3. The Ringer
actor johnny noxville
Quote: When the F*** did we get icecream?

2. The Guardian
actors Kevin Cosner, and Ashten Krutcher
Quote: Captain says "Senior Chief your job is to teach them about hypathermia" Kevin Cosner as senior chief says "Sir they will know what hypathermia is in about 2 mins." and then rolls back into the ice water.

1. Boondock Saints
Quote: by William Defoe mocking one of the detectives. "Some Huge Friggin Guy"